ADVERTISEMENT

the way this thing w/Cunningham may unfold

davekersey

Junior
Oct 10, 2007
Naples, Florida
There is something called the birth of a vision, then death of the vision, then rebirth of the vision. We became excited during the visit and rightfully so. But I expect we may go through the death phase for a couple of weeks, when OSU bounces up the scale and it looks terminal for UK's chances. Then, maybe, just maybe, the situation reverses, and the rebirth occurs. It happens in life.

I post this to calm those of us who may hear some negatives for a bit. We just have to wait it out.

I'm told Cade will honor his planned visit to Washington this next weekend. Then he'll call it quits for visiting anyone else. And then decide I am guessing around mid November.

We still have an extremely good shot at pulling it off. Well, not us, but Cal and his staff. Keep the faith because a dark cloud will arise. Wait it out.

I was afraid this would happen Dave... but thanks for being open and honest.

Probably looking into things too much but when Cade put on his Instagram that he was not committed anywhere despite what insiders say ... and then when Terrence Clark deleted the Instagram pictures of he and Cade in UK uniforms if Cade said ... “ok, I need to slow down a minute and think this though”....

Hopefully he comes to the right decision. :pray:

"Angle" cade may never ever even been going to osu. But hate the game not the player. He is hyping up osu. Cause of his brother. And will until the clock strikes zero. "No angle" cade goes to osu. Its silly simple. Osu vs ky has been going on for along time. Plenty of signing periods have passed.

While us fans overanalyze every twitter follow and crystal ball prediction, we have to remember that these are 18 year old kids. The biggest decision most of us made at that age was what to have for dinner that night. These kids have family, friends, coaches in their ear about the biggest decision they will make at this stage of their life.
Cal went after this kid hard. Hopefully it is enough to convince Cade that UK is the best fit for him despite what his inner circle’s interests are.

Hmmmmm, this feels awfully like the Blackshear/Dante/McDaniels recruitments of late. They visit UK, all the insiders claim a commitment is coming, and once they leave campus all the excitement and momentum slowly disappears until they commit elsewhere.

Maybe Andrew Harrison texted Cade and warned him what Kentucky was really like the way Wenyen did with McDaniels.

Reactions: c1doc and kl40504
A shorter Gimel Martinez with athleticism and handles?

A much-shorter Shagari with the ability to hit from outside?

A taller Landon Slone with more playmaking ability and nearly-as-dominating defensive capabilities?

An equally-sized Derrick Jasper without BCG as his coach??

SIGN ME THE HELL UP.

If Cal pulls this one off, crown his ass. We’ve certainly had our dances with elite TX guys in the past. Reel him in!!

Reactions: kl40504
Got a feeling he is going to commit to OSU to help his brother but not sign a loi incase they fire the coaching staff.

No, it doesn’t feel like that at all.

EVAN DANIELS

Some of you idiots shouldn’t follow recruiting- or sports for that matter.

the over analyze part is why the picture of the uniforms came down. There were a lot of twitter fans taking that as a lock even though all the recruits take pictures with the jersey on of the school they are visiting at the time

While us fans overanalyze every twitter follow and crystal ball prediction, we have to remember that these are 18 year old kids. The biggest decision most of us made at that age was what to have for dinner that night. These kids have family, friends, coaches in their ear about the biggest decision they will make at this stage of their life.
Cal went after this kid hard. Hopefully it is enough to convince Cade that UK is the best fit for him despite what his inner circle’s interests are.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
I wish we could get a big to commit and go from there. I would love to have Cade on the team but I think this team will be ok without him as long as Askew commits

the over analyze part is why the picture of the uniforms came down. There were a lot of twitter fans taking that as a lock even though all the recruits take pictures with the jersey on of the school they are visiting at the time
Exactly. Most social media activity should be taken with a grain of salt in today’s cbb recruiting landscape.

I wish we could get a big to commit and go from there. I would love to have Cade on the team but I think this team will be ok without him as long as Askew commits
Ummm you mean a another big ? As we have 1-2 committed already . I say 1-2 as I think about half the time Fletcher will be at the 4 . Ware is a PF thru and thru . We will sign 3 more bigs IMO but we have already gotten a few in the bag.

Also I fully expect this Cade stuff to go like Dave said as that is how it usually goes in these things. You have to build suspense for the brand .

Hmmmmm, this feels awfully like the Blackshear/Dante/McDaniels recruitments of late. They visit UK, all the insiders claim a commitment is coming, and once they leave campus all the excitement and momentum slowly disappears until they commit elsewhere.

Maybe Andrew Harrison texted Cade and warned him what Kentucky was really like the way Wenyen did with McDaniels.
First off, Dante never visited, and second the percentages are low on recruits committing on or right after their visit, patience.

Fletcher is 6’6 and 200 lbs. he is not a big no matter how you look at it. He will guard very few power forwards or centers. Some of you guys are delusional. I hope it’s just the excitement of recruiting that makes you all think this.

There is something called the birth of a vision, then death of the vision, then rebirth of the vision. We became excited during the visit and rightfully so. But I expect we may go through the death phase for a couple of weeks, when OSU bounces up the scale and it looks terminal for UK's chances. Then, maybe, just maybe, the situation reverses, and the rebirth occurs. It happens in life.

I post this to calm those of us who may hear some negatives for a bit. We just have to wait it out.

I'm told Cade will honor his planned visit to Washington this next weekend. Then he'll call it quits for visiting anyone else. And then decide I am guessing around mid November.

We still have an extremely good shot at pulling it off. Well, not us, but Cal and his staff. Keep the faith because a dark cloud will arise. Wait it out.
What the hell is it with Washington. Why is that place so attractive to big time recruits these days.

First off, Dante never visited, and second the percentages are low on recruits committing on or right after their visit, patience.

Also, of note: we may have lucked out on N’Faly Dante. Travis Graff said on the Katscan Podcast last week that at that time he had not been declared “eligible” at Oregon and that by next month he may not be allowed to play this year. That one could be ANOTHER potential blessing in disguise for Cal...

The picture in the uniform is still there and Clarke just posted another Instagram story with him and Cade in UK uniforms. As you say all recruits post pictures of them in the uniforms of schools they visit. None of the over analyzing came from that.

Spreading your negativity all over HOB wasn’t enough so now you bring your act over to RR?

Fletcher is 6’6 and 200 lbs. he is not a big no matter how you look at it. He will guard very few power forwards or centers. Some of you guys are delusional. I hope it’s just the excitement of recruiting that makes you all think this.
Really

Did someone from UK pee in your Cheerios?

Thanks Dave. Always good to read your posts. I think it may just be a little bit of a 'cooling off' period, sort of like when you buy certain products and are given a period in which to calm down, rethink your deal, and either go ahead or decide it was a mistake made in the heat of emotion. Or, it may just be to allow the speculation to build with a bit of misdirection before committing in order to build his brand. Who knows? Whatever it is, I think your advice is well taken.

Unless his brother backs out of his job offer, why would anyone think Cade is going anywhere else but where his brother will be? No matter which "guru" puts a pick in for any school. FOE.

Reactions: ColonelCat
Ummm you mean a another big ? As we have 1-2 committed already . I say 1-2 as I think about half the time Fletcher will be at the 4 . Ware is a PF thru and thru . We will sign 3 more bigs IMO but we have already gotten a few in the bag.

Also I fully expect this Cade stuff to go like Dave said as that is how it usually goes in these things. You have to build suspense for the brand .

Who are the three more bigs you think you'll land? You have Lance Ware...

Also, Fletcher is not a 4.

ADVERTISEMENT