ADVERTISEMENT

The Walking Dead

Killing Carl is the dumbest thing they've done. He's a major character in the comics and is still alive. He's part of every major story line and to kill him off is idiotic. More idiotic than having half the major characters basically speaking like no one else alive (Eugene, Negan, trash people, etc). I'll keep watching (for now), but this is a really dumb unnecessary move.

Carl is a shit actor and a shit character. I assuming they know this, and understand there is no way possible he can carry the franchise.

I am really curious where they found so many fully automatic weapons. Must be the stockpile that the media keeps talking about folks having. Of course the show has been set primarily in the south. I guess if questioned I could always say that I only have multiple guns is to give folks in the zombie apocalypse a fighting chance.

I seriously would really like to have one of the AK's or AR's that shoots rapidly but doesn't have any recoil though.

Carl dead. This isn't some Glenn shit. Just another character the TV show royally screwed up. By far the most significant death ion the TV, relative to the comics, and nothing else is even close.

I am glad they finally killed the character off (or at least he will be dead after they milk his death out). He just isn't that interesting of a character. I don't care what he does "in the comics". "In the show" his character sucks. Besides, if he stays much longer you would eventually have a 20 year old playing a mid teens kid. I found this Photoshop of what Carl would likely look like as about a 15 or 16 year old.

The_Walking_Dead_Season_4_Meme_Carl_Beard_Old_Story_Time_4x01_DeadShed.jpg

How old is his character supposed to be?

he was 10 when the shish hit the fan. the show has supposedly spanned about 2 years. so yea, that long haired scratchy voiced nuisance is supposed to be 12. but hey, he survived being shot through the abdomen by a hunting rifle, probably .308, being shot in the damn face only blowing his eye out, so yeah, he is like super resilient with super healing powers. so why wouldn't he be the first survivor of zombie bite to the gut.

he was 10 when the shish hit the fan. the show has supposedly spanned about 2 years. so yea, that long haired scratchy voiced nuisance is supposed to be 12. but hey, he survived being shot through the abdomen by a hunting rifle, probably .308, being shot in the damn face only blowing his eye out, so yeah, he is like super resilient with super healing powers. so why wouldn't he be the first survivor of zombie bite to the gut.
He's dead. Well on his way there. Time to accept reality.

Rick will probably keep him as a pet. It would be kind of like having a pit bull that would turn on you and eat your guts.

TWD needs to get its act together. This season to date has been a real disappointment and a missed opportunity with how good Jeffrey Dean Morgan is as Negan. Unfortunately, they haven't come remotely close to making him as chilling as The Guv'na.

Rick died and the discussion died. I've watched like 1 episode after that.

Still watching. I like it ok but it has lost alot of its appeal even with me. Fear the walking dead on the other hand has gotten alot better.

Still watching. I like it ok but it has lost alot of its appeal even with me. Fear the walking dead on the other hand has gotten alot better.

Fear had nowhere to go but up. What a god awful show that was when last I watched.

Walking dead is basically just some industry experiment into how long they can milk something until people stop watching. Neagen is the only remotely interesting character. He's great but doesn't get enough screen time probably due to Morgan's schedule

Fear had nowhere to go but up. What a god awful show that was when last I watched.

Walking dead is basically just some industry experiment into how long they can milk something until people stop watching. Neagen is the only remotely interesting character. He's great but doesn't get enough screen time probably due to Morgan's schedule

I gotta agree with this. I couldn't even make it through the first season.

My wife and I were saying the other day they seem to be too interested in feeding back stories and stories of peoples past when what everyone loved was zombies and turf wars. Who wants to watch a whole episode of someone reminiscing about their life before the apocalypse.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Every series has it's time in the spotlight. TWD has had a good run. Swamp people, Survivor, The Simpsons...they all go downhill eventually. Most shows dont even make it 10 seasons.

Reactions: JStaff2187
TWD has become to boring

This. It is so boring now.

My wife was a huge fan. I enjoyed it. I started getting burned out when the battle with the Saviors drug on FOR.EV.ER. My wife still defended the show and said it was still good.

We’ve watched every episode of the current season because we’ve invested 10 years into the show... but even she doesn’t really care anymore.

Great show for many seasons, but stick a fork in it. Rick leaving the show to go along with them killing off Carl was the beginning of the end.

Garbage lady found him then called
in a chopper, then she and Rick flew off into the sunset. Rick was on Iv’s but alive to return sometime in future if needed lol

TWD has become to boring
I haven’t watched much after Rick left.
Only three-four episodes

Yeah I think they didn't "kill" him off leaving open the ability to return him in the future if he decided to come back to the show.

I agree it is too boring. Killing off Glenn, Rick, Carl and some of the other key people and replacing them with uninteresting characters has taken a toll. Not to mention the writers are trying to hard to have people make a personal connection to people. Just give me guts, gore and zombies. If I want to try and have a personal connection or watch for the personal side of things I will watch This is us with the wife. :joy:

This. It is so boring now.

My wife was a huge fan. I enjoyed it. I started getting burned out when the battle with the Saviors drug on FOR.EV.ER. My wife still defended the show and said it was still good.

We’ve watched every episode of the current season because we’ve invested 10 years into the show... but even she doesn’t really care anymore.

Great show for many seasons, but stick a fork in it. Rick leaving the show to go along with them killing off Carl was the beginning of the end.

I've been watching the last two seasons more out of habit than desire. This season I finally stopped watching. I can't take it anymore. My wife still watches TWD and FTWD (I only made it one season on that trainwreck), so she'll give me a recap of the episode after she watches it. I'll still half-watch an episode here or there with the wife, but I play on my phone most of the time.

I agree that Neegan is now the only interesting character. Michonne and her Batman voice need to go. Even Darrel is boring now. The villians are boring.

However, my biggest complaint is that they aren't moving towards any kind of conclusion. As much as the last season of GOT sucked, at least they were moving towards an ending. Breaking Bad is one of the best shows ever in large part because there was a clear beginning, middle, and end. TWD is just a whole bunch of middle.

Reactions: JStaff2187
I've been watching the last two seasons more out of habit than desire. This season I finally stopped watching. I can't take it anymore. My wife still watches TWD and FTWD (I only made it one season on that trainwreck), so she'll give me a recap of the episode after she watches it. I'll still half-watch an episode here or there with the wife, but I play on my phone most of the time.

I agree that Neegan is now the only interesting character. Michonne and her Batman voice need to go. Even Darrel is boring now. The villians are boring.

However, my biggest complaint is that they aren't moving towards any kind of conclusion. As much as the last season of GOT sucked, at least they were moving towards an ending. Breaking Bad is one of the best shows ever in large part because there was a clear beginning, middle, and end. TWD is just a whole bunch of middle.

I don't even know how they could end it at this point. Do they have a million man zombie march come through and just wipe everyone out or some mystery group somewhere finds a cure? I just can't see them living happily ever after with the threat of zombies never going away.

Anyone watch last nights episode?
My wife still watches TWD (I stopped in earnest two seasons ago), and she was watching it last night while I was playing on my phone. Actually a pretty good episode. I did not see that ending coming which was a pleasant surprise. Curious where they take the show from here.

ADVERTISEMENT