ADVERTISEMENT

The Walking Dead

KyCatFan

All-American
May 7, 2002
Pretty good first episode of the season. I'm not sure on what is up with the Rick storyline right now. There seems to be 3 different things happening with him. Fighting against the Saviors, looking delirious with red eyes, and the bearded old man looking Rick. Is the Savior fight a flashback and the delirious Rick is right now with the bearded Rick being part of the delirium in his head?

Gabriel was stupid going after the traitor. Should have let him die after turning on the super friends. If I were Rick I would have said eff it and went over and popped Negan in the head regardless of what happens to me. Plus what was up with Negan and his "hope you got your ishing pants on, cause you're about to ish your pants?" That was about the most retarded line ever. Gabriel should have shot him and said, "guess you should have worn yours."

Anyone else think the Carl scene at the end was being replayed or something? It caught me off guard until he put the food down. Also what's with the Muslim storyline being thrown into this? They trying to bring in viewers from the Middle East? If Gabriel survives, they going to have him and the Muslim guy arguing over religions?

Last edited:
I'm guessing they did that to force them to stay in the building until the zombie army arrived. Going to be tough to get out of that building now. They probably have an underground tunnel that the super friends (not sure what to call the 3 group coalition) don't know about that will get them out of the area.

I'm guessing they did that to force them to stay in the building until the zombie army arrived. Going to be tough to get out of that building now. They probably have an underground tunnel that the super friends (not sure what to call the 3 group coalition) don't know about that will get them out of the area.

..or they just hop in a truck and drive out.

Rick and dozens of others had a clear shot at Negan and no one took it. Instead, they wasted a thousand rounds shooting out all the windows. Brilliant strategy!

The writing wasn't this bad until the last few seasons it seems. You spend all this time preparing and then the target walks out holding only a ball bat and you've got ten uzi's yet no one thinks to fire a shot. Makes sense.

Yes of course they did it to keep them in the building till the walkers get there. Kind of like a reverse cover fire method. ITs why they waited awhile to blow up the RV, they didn't want to blow their wad too soon. LOL at people thinking they were just wasting rounds shooting out windows. Good grief

Last edited:
Anyone else think the Carl scene at the end was being replayed or something? It caught me off guard until he put the food down. Also what's with the Muslim storyline being thrown into this? They trying to bring in viewers from the Middle East? If Gabriel survives, they going to have him and the Muslim guy arguing over religions?

The Carl scene was literally shot for shot remake of the Rick scene from episode one season one. Even the walker was dressed similar.

They said on Talking Dead after the show that because that was episode #100 they inserted homage images to several previous episodes, including that one.

Ahh I didn't watch the Talking Dead yet but that makes sense. The way Carl lays down and looks under the car and the way the walker girl was dressed was way too similar to be accidental

Pretty fun episode, but I fear the show is running out of steam.

Pretty fun episode, but I fear the show is running out of steam.
Well this is the 8th season, pretty common for shows to start to run out after 4-5 seasons. Feels like the writers, showrunner, etc. are just content to do the minimum to collect a paycheck now. Wish this had been a Netflix, HBO, or FX show instead.

If this show mostly sticks with the story arcs from the comics, what comes after this season is going to be some of the worst TV ever produced. The comics were flat awful after All Out War and before the next major enemy arrived.

Well this is the 8th season, pretty common for shows to start to run out after 4-5 seasons. Feels like the writers, showrunner, etc. are just content to do the minimum to collect a paycheck now. Wish this had been a Netflix, HBO, or FX show instead.

If this show mostly sticks with the story arcs from the comics, what comes after this season is going to be some of the worst TV ever produced. The comics were flat awful after All Out War and before the next major enemy arrived.

who/what is the next major enemy?

who/what is the next major enemy?
Unless you count all the internal strife led by Gregory, which is the bulk of the story arc after the All Out War, the next major enemy is the Whisperers. Humans that wear zombie suits. The Whisperers kill some of the more important secondary characters in the comics.

Sunday is the mid season finale. On talking dead they hinted at something shocking and that that meant a death. Who is left the would be shocking?

For me, that would only include Rick, Carl, Carol, Daryl, michonne and Maggie. Who gets it?

Sunday is the mid season finale. On talking dead they hinted at something shocking and that that meant a death. Who is left the would be shocking?

For me, that would only include Rick, Carl, Carol, Daryl, michonne and Maggie. Who gets it?
None of them.

Long post with so many thoughts since we haven't kept this thread going like we used to.

Well since Daryl screwed up Rick's plans, I wouldn't be surprised if they have him leave because of their recent conflict combined with this screw up. Maybe not kill him off, but have him disappear for a while.

What about Dwight turning on Rick's group since they changed the plans and could have gotten him killed with the truck through the building stunt? With Eugene looking for an excuse to turn him in to Negan, he might do something to prove his loyalty and turn one of Rick's people in for a meeting with Lucille. If that were to happen I am guessing Carl. His death would cause the most damage to Rick's mental state.

I'm still wondering about that scene at the beginning of the season where Rick is standing on something looking like he just had a psychotic break. I don't recall them showing how he ended up like that yet and it probably will be because of whatever death is going to occur.

Everything looks like it is about to fall apart with the Kingdom currently out of the picture, the Hilltop having issues over the Saviors that are being held prisoner, Rick's group starting to possibly splinter, and whatever happens between Rick and the Scavengers after his plan turns out to be a lie in their eyes. Maybe the Saviors will destroy Alexandria to send a message to the other groups of what will happen if anyone stands up to them again. Negan can't afford to kill them all since he needs them to supply the Saviors.

Morgan has been awfully reckless lately and it wouldn't surprise me if he gets killed. The same goes for Tara. I actually wouldn't be surprised if they kill off multiple main characters. They haven't really utilized a few of the characters much this season (Michonne, Rosita, and Carl are good examples) and they are looking more expendable. Whatever happens will probably end the midseason with the scene with crazy looking Rick that I mentioned previously.

I stopped watching two seasons ago...used to love the show, but I couldn' handle them milking it. Let me guess, the group split up, Rick has to make a tough choice and makes a stupid one, and it' taken the entire first half of the season to cross the road. Do characters even get killed any more...or is that only in finale's/premieres?

Reactions: robo222
I stopped watching two seasons ago...used to love the show, but I couldn' handle them milking it. Let me guess, the group split up, Rick has to make a tough choice and makes a stupid one, and it' taken the entire first half of the season to cross the road. Do characters even get killed any more...or is that only in finale's/premieres?

Actually Rick unites 3 different groups together to fight Negan and the Saviors. Everything worked perfect at first, but one group had a bunch of their fighters wiped out by some unexpected firepower. Another group captured one of the outposts and took a bunch of Saviors prisoner but can't make up their mind what to do with them.

Members of Rick's group though decide to change the plan while Rick was recruiting a 4th group and it looks like the perfectly laid plan has completely fell apart. It has actually been a pretty good season so far, but of course you will always have some stupid crap that the people will invariably do. Now there will be some key characters that will likely be killed as they go to the midseason break.

Sounds like it will be
Carl

Will be interesting if that happens given how much that character is involved in future comic book story arcs.

So, I guess the “old man Rick” piece at the start of the season was a dream? Carl’s back and voice were in it, but not face.

Also, nothing more on the helicopter Rick saw recently.

Is Carl going to be immune from walker bites or was it a bite from a non walker? You know things are never as they seem on TWD.

I saw a bunch of people commenting on TWD's tweet saying they couldn't stop crying and how said they are that it happened to Carl. :joy:

It's a freaking TV show people.

Reactions: Col. Angus
ADVERTISEMENT