ADVERTISEMENT

The View of Levis from Penn State Fans

For them it probably hurts even more to see him succeed. The guy he was splitting time with two years ago didn’t level up having the job to himself last season. Then the hot new recruit ( Allar?) didn’t have some amazing spring so they are right back to another QB controversy two seasons later.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Levis and Clifford had comparable stats last year. If you look at them side by side, you would not be swayed in one direction or the other drastically. At least not "this guy looks like a future first round pick and this guy won't even be a UFA."

I think next year is going to be interesting for Levis. Losing your top 2 WRs, 4 of 5 OL, uncertainty at RB. New OC. Those losses are tough to overcome for every program save a handful.

Reactions: JasonRDunn
Talk about some delusional fans…. Get a load of this nutbaggery

- Levis couldn’t throw downfield? His arm strength is maybe his best asset
- We could not run Levis 2nd half of season? Did I miss him crushing UL for four TDs ?

Any talk of Levis being a 1st round QB is BS. He just isn't. His numbers last year were basically equivalent to Clifford and Clifford was hurt most of the season. He clearly couldn't throw downfield and they couldn't take the risk of running him the 2nd half of the season. Plus the OL & TEs couldn't run block an over-matched Villanova let alone top 20 teams. If Clifford is healthy and the run blocking is just marginally better then PSU will be a top 20 and with a break or 2 top 10.

For them it probably hurts even more to see him succeed. The guy he was splitting time with two years ago didn’t level up having the job to himself last season. Then the hot new recruit ( Allar?) didn’t have some amazing spring so they are right back to another QB controversy two seasons later.
Maybe they will want to unload Allar after next season? We may want to take him off their hands. Worked before.

- We could not run Levis 2nd half of season? Did I miss him crushing UL for four TDs ?

Any talk of Levis being a 1st round QB is BS. He just isn't. His numbers last year were basically equivalent to Clifford and Clifford was hurt most of the season. He clearly couldn't throw downfield and they couldn't take the risk of running him the 2nd half of the season. Plus the OL & TEs couldn't run block an over-matched Villanova let alone top 20 teams. If Clifford is healthy and the run blocking is just marginally better then PSU will be a top 20 and with a break or 2 top 10.
I had to read that a few times to make any sense of it. I'm pretty sure his throwing downfield and running in the 2nd half of the season comments were referring to Clifford at PSU.

i understand that they are PSU fans and do not really follow UK FB
a few of them had said that UK had not developed a QB
so i am guessing that is why they have no clue that UK had hired Coen and that he is now the OC of the Rams

Interesting discussion that has the typical put downs of UK (what is that all-time PSU/UK record?).

I had wondered if Levis’s rapid development, here, had caused frowns in Happy Valley.

I have lived in the area - first those fans in that area hate the SEC in general. Second, most follow their local school OR Professional football - Eagles, Steelers, Jets and Giants. They couldn't tell you the names of most schools outside of that immediate area. So, when they make crude remarks about SEC bottom dweller and how we don't have good coaches - it is because they don't take the time or want to know about other schools! All states and schools have ignorant fans in their fan bases - but it is maximized in that area lol!

I live in Florida and the year we played Penn State at the Citrus Bowl a neighbor of mine, who went to Penn State, thought we were nothing and they expected it wouldn't even be a game. So, I told him I would make a bet with him - loser would taker winner to dinner any place the winner chose. He wouldn;t do that - but he said the loser would fly the other teams banner in their front yard for a month............ it was a lot of fun driving by his house for that month lol!

What's even funnier is that James Franklin made his name by coaching at THE SEC bottom dweller and then going to Penn State! I don't even think those fans realize that fact either!

Go Big Blue!

That was what I was referring too.

It's more likely because Kentucky didn't allow Sandusky to stalk Lexington daycares
how can you even play sports with a clipboard down the back of your pants for protection
from pedophiles.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Hell, now I’m in the conversation.
Oddly, they had a QB nicknamed “Hack,” who did not thrive in pro ball.

Interesting thread. Lots of concern about lack of player development at multiple positions.

A lot of negativity toward Franklin (who I don’t like very much.)

I got in one snide remark suggesting PSU was the most talented .500 program in the nation the last two years.

Reactions: truckbrandon
Pretty certain the only view Penn State fans have of Will at this point comes in the light of a full moon with an invitation to a kiss. Certainly this is the case for Jimmy Franklin.

My theory is that Franklin's wife spent too much time talking to Will at team pool parties to suit Jimmy.

Last edited:

I think that post was about Clifford, not Levis. He had some nagging injury last year, if I recall.

Reactions: The-Hack
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT