ADVERTISEMENT

The Ukraine war. (Yes, we'll mind our manners)

The anti Ukrainian war position is not against honoring our treaties. It is against us exploiting ukr for our own profit and geopolitical gains.
A scholar like yourself should know, we signed an agreement with Ukraine. To protect them in the 90s, should Russia invade. If Ukraine gave up their nukes.

By inevitable, I believe you mean Russia takeover/incorporation of Ukraine. If so, then you really don't care what happens to it. And if inevitable happens, the world becomes a much riskier place imo. The idea that Russia taking over Ukraine is more caring that preventing that is mindlessness.

I believe Putin will not give up and Ukraine cannot win. I believe a lot of people have and will die for the inevitable Russia taking the western most part of Ukraine. I think this could have been finished a year ago with the same essential result, but with far more destruction and death.

I also think it likely that both the people of Ukraine and Russia end up having bad feelings about the U.S. with feelings of manipulation that led to destruction and death.

Reactions: hmt5000
I believe Putin will not give up and Ukraine cannot win. I believe a lot of people have and will die for the inevitable Russia taking the western most part of Ukraine. I think this could have been finished a year ago with the same essential result, but with far more destruction and death.

I also think it likely that both the people of Ukraine and Russia end up having bad feelings about the U.S. with feelings of manipulation that led to destruction and death.
No doubt the Ukrainians have bad feelings about speaker Mike Johnson. And the maga wing of the GOP. For blocking aid to their millitary. They will remember how they failed them should Russia win.

No doubt the Ukrainians have bad feelings about speaker Mike Johnson. And the maga wing of the GOP. For blocking aid to their millitary. They will remember how they failed them should Russia win.

Maybe.

But, then, no one thinks Ukraine can win. So, advocating for more death for a stalemate, at best, can be your position. It’s just not mine.

Talking about people who oppose the ''millitary industrial complex'' when it's not shielding them from harm.
I don't understand why you are upset... You got everything you wanted. The fact some people are against it shouldn't matter to you because, I would think you assume you will be proven right that this is in our vital national interest..... It's not like backing Alqaeda or forming ISIS... this is totally different. They are about to pass funding for Ukr through 2025 and no aid has been slowed by votes in congress. The only hold up is our ability to produce and ship to UKr.

I know people like to pretend every Ukr loss is due to a vote in congress but they have never stopped sending them everything they could. They start to send them stuff before it's even voted on. We were training Ukr pilots on f16's a year before we authorized them to get them. The MIC is running this. You should just be gloating.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie

Look how fond the Mujahadin is of our country for what we did in Afghanistan in the 80's. When we fund and train people they love us and never turn that money and training on us.... never.

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
Will they put them on their kill list with US citizens and journalist who don't toe the line? That a good "ally" right there... "do what we want or we will kill your people"...

Will they put them on their kill list with US citizens and journalist who don't toe the line? That a good "ally" right there... "do what we want or we will kill your people"...
Yeah. Lira was “killed”. LMAO. He tried to flee to Hungary and got pneumonia and died. Dude was a smoker and obese.

He say's they're the same "народ (narod)" nation, because they are.

Everyone knows (everyone who actually knows the region) they are the same nation except when it's politically expedient, like the nazi nationalist movement in the western ukr during world war 2. The movement which still has repercussions today.
Nation & people are different. They're different people when one won't let the other the fvck alone. Go ahead & bring up 80 years ago as if that's the important issue today. LOL.

Nation & people are different. They're different people when one won't let the other the fvck alone. Go ahead & bring up 80 years ago as if that's the important issue today. LOL.
I wish someone in the US would tell the left this today. LOL.

What does народ (narod) mean in Russian? - WordHippo
English words for народ include people, nation, folk, public, crowd, race, demos, nationality, commonalty and commonage. Find more Russian words at wordhippo.com!

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...S&cvid=4267817083564aa8b580dd99ee11086c&ei=34

Ukraine's commander-in-chief Oleksandr Syrskyi warned on Saturday that the situation on the eastern front had "deteriorated significantly" in recent days.

The comments come after Russian forces began to make inroads in Ukraine's eastern region of Donetsk this year.

The gains come after a year of the front line being mostly frozen and against a Ukrainian army dogged by manpower and ammunition shortages, amid delays in Western aid.

Ukraine keeps telling people but nobody will listen.... They need our advanced weapon systems and not just our old surplus like some think. They are requesting 20 patriot systems and said they need a minimum of 4 more to even make it to summer. They want long range missiles and bigger weapon systems. That would require US troops to get in the game. They want Germany's long range missiles but Germany is refusing to give those up so it's us or noone.

It's pretty amazing how basic it all is and imo how much restraint Russia showed all this time.

Also, as I posted way early in this thread, if Russia really wanted to invade and conquer they would have early on and there was nothing Ukraine could've done. A combination of deterrence and maintaining us peace is the only reason they didn't. Yes, yes I know you were told they invaded all the way to kyiv but were pushed back but that was just never true.

You're looking at a fabricated narrative to justify sending billions and billions to fight a conflict that could easily be averted. Everyone should be asking why and who. Why are we doing this? Who benefits?

It's pretty amazing how basic it all is and imo how much restraint Russia showed all this time.

Also, as I posted way early in this thread, if Russia really wanted to invade and conquer they would have early on and there was nothing Ukraine could've done. A combination of deterrence and maintaining us peace is the only reason they didn't. Yes, yes I know you were told they invaded all the way to kyiv but were pushed back but that was just never true.

You're looking at a fabricated narrative to justify sending billions and billions to fight a conflict that could easily be averted. Everyone should be asking why and who. Why are we doing this? Who benefits?
They did go all the way to Kyiv and were pushed back at the outskirts you imbecile. How was that “never true”?

Ahh yes, they have showed so much restraint. Kidnapped thousands of Ukrainian kids, bombed power stations next to large cities, dams on the Dnipro, schools, hospitals, atrocities in Bucha, live video of POW execution, and cities reduced to rubble. Such wonderful people 🤡

They did go all the way to Kyiv and were pushed back at the outskirts you imbecile. How was that “never true”?

Ahh yes, they have showed so much restraint. Kidnapped thousands of Ukrainian kids, bombed power stations next to large cities, dams on the Dnipro, schools, hospitals, atrocities in Bucha, live video of POW execution, and cities reduced to rubble. Such wonderful people 🤡

Yes. Repelled by the ghost of kyiv and all the soldiers who also rescued cats from trees along he way.

I don't know how far Russia went. But I do know Ukraine definitely did not, and at the time could not, repel them by use of force.

An update for any who are willing to listen:

-Ukraine cannot win (drive Russia off of Ukrainian soil) without western troops.
-We are borrowing money and then lighting it on fire and your children are already poorer for it.
-The window to sue for peace was very early on but the American government and industry would not have it.
-This was all caused by reckless expansion of NATO with no real thought of consequences.
-This war has weakened our strategic position, not improved it. Russia’s military has somehow gotten stronger.

Most of this was predicted when it began and none of it required consulting Nostradamus.

"The West could have made peace if it had been willing to take NATO expansion off the table. The claim that Putin wants to conquer all of Europe is a hoax to justify endless funding."

It doesn't logically follow that because the West said there would be no NATO expansion that Putin's views on expansion changes. If NATO wouldn't expand, what would stop Putin from taking Ukraine or anywhere else? Just means NATO would do nothing about it.

I'll wait for the "who cares", "doesn't affect us" responses.

Russia was not prepared to takeover Ukraine at the start. Putin just didn't know how stupid his generals were then. What's fabricated is saying they could have taken over early on if they wanted. LOL.

An update for any who are willing to listen:

-Ukraine cannot win (drive Russia off of Ukrainian soil) without western troops.
-We are borrowing money and then lighting it on fire and your children are already poorer for it.
-The window to sue for peace was very early on but the American government and industry would not have it.
-This was all caused by reckless expansion of NATO with no real thought of consequences.
-This war has weakened our strategic position, not improved it. Russia’s military has somehow gotten stronger.

Most of this was predicted when it began and none of it required consulting Nostradamus.
Yes to first three.

No to last two.

Russia was not prepared to takeover Ukraine at the start. Putin just didn't know how stupid his generals were then. What's fabricated is saying they could have taken over early on if they wanted. LOL.

And, yet, you want us to fear Putin expansion. LOL

My gosh, you guys with your “we need to stop Putin before …” and your “Putin can’t even get to Kiev” inconsistencies.

You describe the Brain on Pinky and the Brain, but then you act as if we need to utilize our resources to stop him.

And, yet, you want us to fear Putin expansion. LOL

My gosh, you guys with your “we need to stop Putin before …” and your “Putin can’t even get to Kiev” inconsistencies.

You describe the Brain on Pinky and the Brain, but then you act as if we need to utilize our resources to stop him.
His incompetence didn't stop his ambition, did it? Why let him even get started?

His incompetence didn't stop his ambition, did it? Why let him even get started?

(1) you admit he is no real threat to NATO, let alone the U.S. - that used to be a standard for many when it came to getting involved
(2) Even if you don’t believe the U.S. actively hurt the chances of averting war, it is undeniable that we did not make a leadership effort to avert the war. It is easy to conclude we wanted Putin to invade.
(3) other wars and conflicts happen around the world where we don’t ask “why let them even get started.” It simply is not relevant.
(4) We act as if there is only one solution to this money pit death trap and that is a lie.

(1) you admit he is no real threat to NATO, let alone the U.S. - that used to be a standard for many when it came to getting involved
(2) Even if you don’t believe the U.S. actively hurt the chances of averting war, it is undeniable that we did not make a leadership effort to avert the war. It is easy to conclude we wanted Putin to invade.
(3) other wars and conflicts happen around the world where we don’t ask “why let them even get started.” It simply is not relevant.
(4) We act as if there is only one solution to this money pit death trap and that is a lie.
No idea what the hell this is.

ADVERTISEMENT