ADVERTISEMENT

The UK player who's made a big impression on Jack Givens

Smashcat

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2012
“I really, really thought Cason Wallace was — to me — the guy that stood out, maybe above everybody else,” he said. Wallace took the fifth-most shots and scored the fifth-most points on that Bahamas trip — Calipari will surely latch onto that stat sometime in the future — but he led the team in steals, was second in assists, committed just five turnovers in 89 minutes, averaged 4.0 rebounds per game, blocked three shots and hit 40 percent of his three-point attempts. Stats aside, Wallace is flat-out impressive for a player who is still just 18 years old. He plays a team-first style and comes across as a veteran on the court. “The main thing I was impressed with was his maturity,” Givens said. “His understanding of the game and how it is supposed to be played — at such a young age — was really good. I thought the fact that he and Sahvir Wheeler — working against each other in practice — of the practices I watched, that was the matchup that I really enjoyed. Because, man, both of those guys were flat going at each other. And Cason didn’t back down at all. So I saw that maturity and that part of his game that I had no idea he had.” Givens said he was most impressed by the clear fact that Wallace “loves” to play defense.

Read more at: https://www.kentucky.com/sports/col...tball-men/article267253747.html#storylink=cpy

Wallace is going be a special player for UK this year. If he loves to play defense he will see a lot of playing time under Calipari.

The thing I noticed most about him from the Bahamas games was his maturity on court. He played fast without being out of control, and made smart decisions with the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT