ADVERTISEMENT

The U.S. Open

I'm not even really sure how it could be argued that this hasn't been the worst US Open in at least the 35 years I am old enough to remember them. I know weather had something to do with it but so did top players coming in with little to no preparation, 70 yard wide fairways, the easiest greens to putt on and absolutely no problems around the greens. I wish I had make other plans for the last 2 days rather than watch this.

It was awful and there really wasn't one memorable thing from this tourney/course that will stick w/ the fans.

You are a miserable attention whore and wrong as always.

You are never happy unless you are getting away with decades of academic fraud.

8-6, sprinkles ...

Sorry your boy is 1 step away from being a Somerset meth head. Hope he gets help and can run a driving range somewhere one day.

My wallet is $125 fuller this morning thanks to the US open and my fantasy golf league! 28 guys and not one person picked Brooks Koepka to win.

I had Matsuyama and Thomas. Next couple rounds will be on those guys.

Koepka was really impressive yesterday. All that pressure and played almost flawlessly.

Overall, I liked the course. Mother Nature was in a really good mood and wanted to see some low scores. Add more wind and no rain and its a totally different tournament. That said, it was Koepka's title either way. Clearly was the best player for 4 days.

I'm not even really sure how it could be argued that this hasn't been the worst US Open in at least the 35 years I am old enough to remember them. I know weather had something to do with it but so did top players coming in with little to no preparation, 70 yard wide fairways, the easiest greens to putt on and absolutely no problems around the greens. I wish I had make other plans for the last 2 days rather than watch this.

Wrong!! Chambers Bay was the worst. If you think Erin was too easy, you go play it at 7800 yards and then tell us how easy it is.

Reactions: Tskware
Wrong!! Chambers Bay was the worst. If you think Erin was too easy, you go play it at 7800 yards and then tell us how easy it is.
When the pros are under 5 under, it's easy for them. It was basically a longest drive contest. without narrower fairways or hazards like trees, water or lots of bunkers, it's easy for them. Narrow those uber-wide fairways 10 yards & it would add 1-2 strokes/rd.

When the pros are under 5 under, it's easy for them. It was basically a longest drive contest. without narrower fairways or hazards like trees, water or lots of bunkers, it's easy for them. Narrow those uber-wide fairways 10 yards & it would add 1-2 strokes/rd.

So Brooks is longer than Dustin Johnson, Roy, Rahm, Day? All those missed the cut. Maybe the course didn't favor big hitters?

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
My wallet is $125 fuller this morning thanks to the US open and my fantasy golf league! 28 guys and not one person picked Brooks Koepka to win.

I had Matsuyama and Thomas. Next couple rounds will be on those guys.

I put a $10 bet on Keopka to win while in Vegas for the UNC game back in December. Nice little $410 payout.

Reactions: TruBluCatFan
So Brooks is longer than Dustin Johnson, Roy, Rahm, Day? All those missed the cut. Maybe the course didn't favor big hitters?
BK is a big hitter. But you do need to be able to hit a 50 yard wide fairway & putt a bit too. Too much to ask of those fellas.

ADVERTISEMENT