ADVERTISEMENT

The U.S. Open

Big names missing the cut if it stays at +1. Day, Rose, McIlroy, Rahm, Stenson, Scott, etc.. DJ on the edge. I didn't see that coming. I don't have any problem with this course. It's setting up to be a great weekend.

Reactions: cawoodsct
I like Koepka. He looks like a pro football player from the 50's.

Met Holly a few years ago at a charity golf event. She was very nice, but her body is so ridiculously incredible it was really hard to concentrate talking to her. Still cannot believe she married EK. She could have had picked any guy she wanted and she chose that guy.

Reactions: robo222
15 players within 2 strokes. This could be a hell of a finish tomorrow.

Somebody with a good delete about Thomas playing in final group. He still might but looking like Fleetwood and Harman IMO.

I'm good with jinxing the Limey bastard.

Last edited:
This course is a joke as far as US Open courses go. Would make a nice PGA Championship course though.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheShowKiller
Somebody with a good delete about Thomas playing in final group. He still might but looking like Fleetwood and Harman IMO.
Back in it now but yeah, I was underestimating just how easy the course is playing. I wish it hadn't rained an inch last night. Looks like Harman and Thomas in the last group and Fleetwood and Koepka in the next to last.

This course is nearly 8000 yards long. They have had benign conditions all week. The course is designed to play with stronger wind and firmer conditions for an open. Not much can be done about that. Far too many opens have been determined in the past by luck. Luck of lies good and bad decided a lot of them. Luck of tee times hasn't been a factor either as it is in so many opens. It's been a very neutral and enjoyable open to me where the guys playing the best are at the top. JT's 63 is incredible. He hit a 300 yard 3 wood to 6 feet for his eagle on 18 for christs sake.

If the wind had picked up and no rain to soften the greens the scores would be much different right now. These guys are just too good to be given such ideal scoring conditions like they have been given this week.

Agreed. Terrible course for a US Open.
Make changes that will make the course tougher not holes where guys are driving the green and almost getting aces on par 4's

Going to be a great finish but think the US Open should never play this easy.

Johnny just can't help himself. Fact of the matter is he never fulfilled the awesome potential he had to be one of the greats. Mostly due to the yips. I don't think many would try to argue this is a John Deere open set up. When Rory, DJ and Day can't bust 73 it isn't that. They could have pushed the fairways in I guess. Then if the wind blew hard half the field wouldn't have been able to finish. Sometimes you get great conditions. This is one of those weeks.

I'm concerned with direction of the tour. The big 4 look very average ad may have peaked. This was an easy setup for any of them. Hard to understand why the best in the world laid eggs on this course. Looks like things are trending towards a different winner every week, like 80s and 90s golf. Never a Tiger fan, but he at least brought enough of a game to make the cut week in and week out.

For the love of God, I cannot mother touching stand these morons that want to yell out some self proclaimed important comment as soon as the pro hits his tee shot.

Hey BABA BOOEY GUY, do us all a favor and STFU.

Reactions: BlueThruAndThru
I'm concerned with direction of the tour. The big 4 look very average ad may have peaked. This was an easy setup for any of them. Hard to understand why the best in the world laid eggs on this course. Looks like things are trending towards a different winner every week, like 80s and 90s golf. Never a Tiger fan, but he at least brought enough of a game to make the cut week in and week out.

Lets see:
DJ just had a kid, was late getting to the course, missed out on preparation
Day is still coming back from off the course issues, taking care of his mom.
Rory has not played a tournament since the Players (1 month away) injuries etc.

I'm surprised Rose/Scott missed though.

They swing and the ball disappears.
I swing and I lose the ball.
They putt and the ball disappears.
I'm not losing another ball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT