ADVERTISEMENT

The three things I was so impressed about..

kev69

All-American
Feb 26, 2007
My sweet Gizmo 2002-2018
PJ Washington...Wow...I thought he might come back pouting and with an attitude. Uh, no.
He’s having fun, in great shape, and is enjoying his teammates! That’s huge. He’s going to be a force.

Quickley. Total stud without the ego.

Quade...he seems to be totally in on winning.

Herro....absolutely going to be a force.

Folks, this is going to be a lot of fun.

This is the PJ I expected. Even before he announced his return, I was saying he was the player I wanted back most among those questionable to stay or go, and that I expected him to be an All American candidate if he returned. Everybody remembers him missing free throws in the sweet 16, but what made an impression on me that game was that when most of our team looked out of it, flustered, intimidated, PJ was just going to war. They had to play hack a shaq on him because they couldn't stop him otherwise. He just had a bad day at the line. But I saw a fierce competitor that day. Same with @Tennessee, where he was the only guy we had who didn't back down and get intimidated by them and single handedly kept us in the game until he went out with cramps. He's gonna be a stud this year.

PJ Washington...Wow...I thought he might come back pouting and with an attitude. Uh, no.
He’s having fun, in great shape, and is enjoying his teammates! That’s huge. He’s going to be a force.

Quickley. Total stud without the ego.

Quade...he seems to be totally in on winning.

Herro....absolutely going to be a force.

Folks, this is going to be a lot of fun.
and what about Baker's shooting? Seems we have at least 2 real shooters and add Quickly to that group, we have 3 who can put it in.

Four things.

l41YtZOb9EUABnuqA.gif

After seeing tJones at madness that year I was like lookout. He was the reason I was hyped even more than MKG and Davis. We need a super soph every year.
You're absolutely right. I've read a few people post it here, as have I. That is I would take a sophomore PJ over a freshman Zion every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Starting to wonder if PJ played a factor in the Zion recruitment. Well, other than duke's deep pockets. @BBUK Better?!

I truly believe this is the year Cal gets his second title. This team has all the ingredients. They literally check every single box. The biggest being that this team is full of knock down deadly shooters. IMO that's the key. I know a lot of my fellow BBN brothers agree. Much like 2012, no matter how much they try to screw us and put us out, it's not gonna matter. This team is gonna be THAT good.

and what about Baker's shooting? Seems we have at least 2 real shooters and add Quickly to that group, we have 3 who can put it in.
Green is a pretty good shooter too and honestly, Ashton can hit with a decent percentage as well.

I think we have 4 A+ shooters with Hagans not far behind.
Has Cal ever had that luxury?

With the South Regionals being in Louisville just go ahead and put the Cats in the FF.

Seriously, just ship the team to Minnesota at the start of the NCAAs and they can wait on the three other teams.

We don't get to see it often enough but it's nice to see a stud freshman come back with the right attitude after getting the feedback they needed that they don't in fact poop ice cream. They come back with a fresh look and in better shape.
PJ is an alpha. Ready to kill people... Figuratively speaking of course haha

Three point shooting

Improvement in Washington, Green and Richards

Alpha dogs in Johnson, Hagans and experience in Travis

Those elements excited me....

Reactions: CatfanMike47
You have to wonder how high is the ceiling with this team? They are just starting! Nobody has their roles defined and UK has great depth. We won’t have to depend on just 2 guys always being on. Seem like great kids who care

You're absolutely right. I've read a few people post it here, as have I. That is I would take a sophomore PJ over a freshman Zion every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Starting to wonder if PJ played a factor in the Zion recruitment. Well, other than duke's deep pockets. @BBUK Better?!

Ggrrreeeaaatt!

Loved Herro at the end of the 3pt contest. He couldn’t believe Quickley beat him. But Herro is a dead eye.

Nice to have 3-4 guys that can drain it on you. Should open up our inside game for the first time in a couple of years. Which means people like EJ, PJ, KJ, and Nick can wreak some Havoc underneath.

Three things I was impressed with

1. PJ’s athletic transformation

2. How much better at shooting we are this year vs the past 10 years

3. Quickley’s dancing

Three things I wasn’t impressed with

1. Maci Morris’ country pandering... a bit too much country for my liking. LoL

2. Sophomore Nick Richards’ refusal to dance. Don’t be scared to act a fool... dancing is all about looking silly.... every dance ever danced is silly imo

3. MSU’s fans lack of creative ability in making fake recruiting Instagram posts

Just have to add P!$$ on em and it's perfect.

Reactions: kev69
Three things I was impressed with

1. PJ’s athletic transformation

2. How much better at shooting we are this year vs the past 10 years

3. Quickley’s dancing

Three things I wasn’t impressed with

1. Maci Morris’ country pandering... a bit too much country for my liking. LoL

2. Sophomore Nick Richards’ refusal to dance. Don’t be scared to act a fool... dancing is all about looking silly.... every dance ever danced is silly imo

3. MSU’s fans lack of creative ability in making fake recruiting Instagram posts

Big Nick is to much of an introvert it seems to do that. I shouldn't be too thrilled at dancing in front of 100 people let alone 22000.

Loved Herro at the end of the 3pt contest. He couldn’t believe Quickley beat him. But Herro is a dead eye.

Nice to have 3-4 guys that can drain it on you. Should open up our inside game for the first time in a couple of years. Which means people like EJ, PJ, KJ, and Nick can wreak some Havoc underneath.

I wanna see the return of the lobs. We used to get a ton each game. Now with space I'm sure we shall yet again.

I truly believe this is the year Cal gets his second title. This team has all the ingredients. They literally check every single box. The biggest being that this team is full of knock down deadly shooters. IMO that's the key. I know a lot of my fellow BBN brothers agree. Much like 2012, no matter how much they try to screw us and put us out, it's not gonna matter. This team is gonna be THAT good.

Plus we shouldn't have terrible free throw games as much as well. That is huge in March.

ADVERTISEMENT