ADVERTISEMENT

The Sopranos- Who else has watched ?

FrankUnderwood

All-American
Gold Member
May 26, 2017
Bluegrass State!
Late to the game but finally getting around to watching The Sopranos.

This show is excellent. Absolutely amazing so far. My wife and I started watching and we’re almost done with season 1. It may shoot up to my favorite show (which includes Booodline , GOT, True Detective, and Narcos)

James Gandoldini is simply incredible in the role.

Any other big Soprano fans?

Never watched it, love mafia movies but didn't get HBO until show was over, afraid of starting it if it's dated, sounds like it's not though OP?

The first two seasons are some of the best TV ever. After that, it seems that the writers tried to milk it and slow down the action so that they would make it last as long as possible. The later seasons are still good but some episodes drag on a bit.

Reactions: krazykats
Binge watched it over Christmas. Melfi and AJ are awful. Melfi is there to move the show along and explain things but I just want to enjoy the problems of Tony in action.

I think it's been off the air long enough that's available on Amazon Prime.

Binge watched it over Christmas. Melfi and AJ are awful. Melfi is there to move the show along and explain things but I just want to enjoy the problems of Tony in action.
Casting of AJ kept it from greatness. Gandolfini and Falco are incredible though.

Maybe it's just me, but Dr. Melfi, for an older woman, was hot as hell. I'm with Tony - I would have bent her over her desk too.
Nah man. Just no. I'll take the hot Mercedes sales chick that Tony had an affair with. She's 10,000 x hotter than Dr. Melfi.

latest

Late to the game but finally getting around to watching The Sopranos.

This show is excellent. Absolutely amazing so far. My wife and I started watching and we’re almost done with season 1. It may shoot up to my favorite show (which includes Booodline , GOT, True Detective, and Narcos)

James Gandoldini is simply incredible in the role.

Any other big Soprano fans?

I'm actually re-watching for the third time as well as watching as it came out. I'm on the last season. Its a work of art. Best show ever, with The Wire and GoT right behind it. I cannot include True Detective bc of the 2nd season. What a shitshow, first season was remarkable though

last season of Sopranos is 21 episodes, just a heads up

Gandolfini is at his finest during the final episode, when Tony wakes up, realizes it was all just a dream and he is really a dentist from Hoboken.

I didn’t finish reading your comment as it looks like it’s a humongous spoiler ... as i mentioned in the OP were still only on season 1...

If that’s the case, why would you do something like that ? Really?

If not, my apologies

I didn’t finish reading your comment as it looks like it’s a humongous spoiler ... as i mentioned in the OP were still only on season 1...

If that’s the case, why would you do something like that ? Really?

If not, my apologies

He is pulling your leg. However, the show's ending was controversial.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
GOT
Breaking Bad
The Wire
Sopranos

Peaky Blinders on Netflix pretty good.
The Shield on Amazon pretty good.

Breaking bad is excellent.

You should really check out Narcos. Amazing. Wagnor Mora (actor who plays Pablo) is downright sensational.
Seasons 1 and 2 are incredible. Season 3 is also very good.

Also, check out Bloodline. Very very good as well.

Breaking bad is excellent.

You should really check out Narcos. Amazing. Wagnor Mora (actor who plays Pablo) is downright sensational.
Seasons 1 and 2 are incredible. Season 3 is also very good.

Also, check out Bloodline. Very very good as well.

Yup. Still need to finish up Narcos season 3 but after deep diving on the CIA's historic role in drug running it is hard to not think about the propaganda involved.

Last season of Bloodline was a little slow but still good.

Yup. Still need to finish up Narcos season 3 but after deep diving on the CIA's historic role in drug running it is hard to not think about the propaganda involved.

Last season of Bloodline was a little slow but still good.

Agreed on bloodline. I’d give the first 2 seasons a 8-9/10
Season 3 - 7/10

The creators and writers of Bloodline intended the show to be 5-6 seasons long, problems between Sony and Netflix brought the show to a much quicker end. There was also a Florida tax issue that caused some uncertainty for a while. But whatever the reason, the shows creators intended more seasons and decisions were made out of their control to cut it short quickly.

Maybe that gives the creators an excuse for that sh-tshow of a final season, the conclusion did indeed feel rushed and the last 4-5 episodes were the worst I have ever seen for a once promising show. Season one was terrific, but it was all downhill from there. Season 2 was ok, but the loss of Danny from the show killed the show's edge. There were 2-3 storylines they just abandoned and left untouched in the last few episodes.

Never seen Game of Thrones, agree with you True Detective (rust cohle season one) and Narcos (haven't seen third season) were/are incredible, Bloodline doesn't deserve to be on the same list as them. I think the Sopranos is one of the 2-3 most important shows ever for how it changed/began to change tv, I watched it for the first time early last year. Been a few shows I thought were clearly better though, won't say to much on that so I don't give away any spoilers.

One of the few that have never watched Sopranos. I have been told by my friends that they are jealous that I still have that to look forward to. I often say that about the Wire and BB.

I am planning on starting soon.

Sopranos is a top 5 all timer.

Seasons 1 and 2-as good as it gets
3-Good
4-slow
5-better
6-Finishes well.

Agree that AJ was cringe worthy. Couldn't stand Tony's mother and Janice either, but that was the angle.

Enjoy the ride.

Yeah, that’s what I meant. She was supposed to get under your skin. Takes talent to be despised.

ADVERTISEMENT