ADVERTISEMENT

The remaining SEC schedule

irishcat1965

All-American
Gold Member
Apr 22, 2012
A courthouse near you
Nothing is ever easy in SEC baseball. But UK’s remaining schedule is set up for UK to make a run.
Home Florida
Home Missouri
Away UT
Home Mississippi State
Away Vanderbilt
3 out of the next 4 series at home. Only one ranked team in those 4 series.

The next two will be pretty tough. Missouri has spent some time ranked and have a top 30 RPI.

Vandy will fight to the death in that last one. Your first sentence hit the nail on the head: nothing is ever easy in SEC Baseball.
Jeff... don't know if you can say or not, but do you think Thompson could be back to help if we make SEC tourney and if so how much?

Jeff... don't know if you can say or not, but do you think Thompson could be back to help if we make SEC tourney and if so how much?

Apparently Thompson started a throwing program on the second and at a minimum that was going to take a few weeks. So, at best we might see him in a few more weeks. Even then I doubt that he ever starts for us this year. At best I imagine he'll come in for relief and will be highly limited.

Can Carson jump to a starting pitching role?

Not sure, but it's not likely given that he hasn't really gone more than a couple innings per outing. I also imagine that he'll need to develop more secondary pitches if he wants to start and see more than one trip through the rotation.

Reactions: irishcat1965
ADVERTISEMENT