ADVERTISEMENT

The rarest score in college football

dyersburgcatfan

Sophomore
Jan 14, 2013
Have any of you ever witnessed a 1 point safety? I think it's only occurred a few times in the entire history of the sport.

This post usually falls after NSD. Just another curious effect of this early signing period???

I swear I thought I saw a final score this year where the losing team scored four points, i.e., two safeties. I don't think I have ever seen that before.

Trying to remember, something weird like an interception or fumble recovery on an EP try where they return it outside the goal line and end up tackled behind it? Not something I remember, forgot a lot, but something weird like that.

But there are quite a few 1-0 forfeits, like Cumberland (tenn) tried to do against GT after they dropped football 101 years ago, but GT coach Heisman (yes, that one) made them play the game, supposedly because Cumberland had beat them 22-0 in baseball. Play or pay, he demanded $3,000, about $70,000 today, so they got a fraternity to go play the game, which they lost by 222 to 0.

A score even our trolls would have had a hard time dismissing as a lucky win-----but I am sure they would have tried.

If you do not want to hit the link, here's the way it has happened twice in the history of college football, oddly, with a confused Nessler calling the game both times.

If a team is kicking an extra point that is blocked and recovered by the defense outside of the endzone, but upon the return, the returner enters the endzone, and is tackled, it is a one-point safety.

We lost a game 4-0 when I was in high school. The really weird thing was that we intentionally gave them both safeties early in the game to avoid punting out of our end zone twice.

We lost a game 4-0 when I was in high school. The really weird thing was that we intentionally gave them both safeties early in the game to avoid punting out of our end zone twice.

And I will bet Grouchy would like for mitch to fire Stoops and hire your high school coach, anything would be better, right? Might be the only one mitch could afford, with all the buyouts. If Slick Rick wins his lawsuits transfer U might have to hire BP's daughter on his staff. I just realized that he already has his son in law as a coach also. Bet his son in law tries to have his wife around when BP starts chewing on him. I can hear it now, you can't fire him now, I am pregnant!

I wonder if his son and son in law ever team up on BP, lol.

Only at Transfer U, and probably only under jurich, some chance some sanity returns to their programs.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT