The Philips Arena Website Says Tickets Are Sold Out

80 UK
10 Nevada
5 K-State
5 Loyola

So this translates to...

80 Pro-UK
20 Anti-UK

If it's 80, that's gonna present a nasty problem for our opponents. I don't doubt it will be because of the location and because many were chomping at the bit anyway since Boise wasn't a good location for them.

They really need to do something about these resellers who buy up all the tickets and sell them back at twice face value. I've been logged in and ready to go several times when concert and event tickets go on sale only to have them sell out in under 10 seconds. Those website computers are so darn fast. I can't remember the last time I got a ticket without having to pay the middle man.

There's an article online from a few years ago re: the allotment of tickets to the participating schools in the regional round. This was for a game in the Verizon Center in Washington, which is around the same size as Phillips. According to the writer, the NCAA allots a total of 5,000 tickets for the schools, or 1250 each. I'm assuming that's still the case, and that the figure will be similar for the South regional games.

There's some debate over the current capacity of Phillips, but let's go with 18,000. That leaves 13,000 public sale tickets, and you can bet this: EVERY single one of those will be gobbled up by the BBN. Of course, we'll also have our 1250. That means we'll have about 80% of the crowd Thursday, as has been suggested in this thread.

Win through to Saturday, and we'll have all but 1250, or over 90% of the crowd. I like the sound of that. [banana][banana][banana]

There's an article online from a few years ago re: the allotment of tickets to the participating schools in the regional round. This was for a game in the Verizon Center in Washington, which is around the same size as Phillips. According to the writer, the NCAA allots a total of 5,000 tickets for the schools, or 1250 each. I'm assuming that's still the case, and that the figure will be similar for the South regional games.

There's some debate over the current capacity of Phillips, but let's go with 18,000. That leaves 13,000 public sale tickets, and you can bet this: EVERY single one of those will be gobbled up by the BBN. Of course, we'll also have our 1250. That means we'll have about 80% of the crowd Thursday, as has been suggested in this thread.

Win through to Saturday, and we'll have all but 1250, or over 90% of the crowd. I like the sound of that. [banana][banana][banana]
Actually, and unfortunately, every one of those not allotted to schools will mostly be gobbled up by brokers and scalpers, who will then gouge everyone. It's horse crap if you ask me, but still today no one does anything about it.

Actually, and unfortunately, every one of those not allotted to schools will mostly be gobbled up by brokers and scalpers, who will then gouge everyone. It's horse crap if you ask me, but still today no one does anything about it.
Right, and every one of those will be gobbled up by us. All works out in the end!

Reactions: wildcatdonf
I've only been able to afford the scalper prices to UK at Vandy twice in 20 something years as I need 4 minimum. I would need a second mortgage for Final Four seats.

Most of the tickets are ether controlled by the NCAA or by the host arena. They get offered to the NBA or host school season ticket holders. A lot of those people actually buy and keep them. But some sell them. There aren't that many out there on the major brokerage sites for this regional.

UK sections are 113 and 304.

Don't bitch about it or someone will pull this thread back up in a couple months just to chastise you.

Most of the tickets are ether controlled by the NCAA or by the host arena. They get offered to the NBA or host school season ticket holders. A lot of those people actually buy and keep them. But some sell them. There aren't that many out there on the major brokerage sites for this regional.

UK sections are 113 and 304.
Who's going to keep their tickets when a horde of crazed UK fans is out there willing to pay top dollar?

We'll pack the place to the tune of 15,000+. We always do when it's within a day's drive, and sometimes farther.

What do you suggest be done? There are many performers who have tried different things to prevent scalpers from getting tickets but nothing seems to work. You could make all tickets Will-Call tickets requiring that you pick them up in person and walk straight into the arena but then can you image the log jamb of 18,000 people all being required to pick up tickets an hour before the game?

What do you suggest be done? There are many performers who have tried different things to prevent scalpers from getting tickets but nothing seems to work. You could make all tickets Will-Call tickets requiring that you pick them up in person and walk straight into the arena but then can you image the log jamb of 18,000 people all being required to pick up tickets an hour before the game?
No idea, and I've heard many have tried different things, but none seem to work. Guess someone one day will figure it out (or won't?).

You can go to a final four for the cost of attending a UK game in Nashville. That town has gouging UK fans down to a fine art.
Meh, those are just normal Nashville prices. Go try and buy Predator playoff tickets and you'll think UK tickets are a bargain.

No idea, and I've heard many have tried different things, but none seem to work. Guess someone one day will figure it out (or won't?).
I have been to some Bruce Springsteen concerts where it was required to pick your tickets up the day of show. They required 2 IDs including the credit card used to buy the tickets and they put a wrist band on you that was also required to get in. That's about as tight as I've seen it. It was ok for us because we were there for the day but I can't imagine the people that couldn't get there until an hour or less before the show.

I have been to some Bruce Springsteen concerts where it was required to pick your tickets up the day of show. They required 2 IDs including the credit card used to buy the tickets and they put a wrist band on you that was also required to get in. That's about as tight as I've seen it. It was ok for us because we were there for the day but I can't imagine the people that couldn't get there until an hour or less before the show.
In 1995 I saw Pearl Jam at Red Rocks here in Denver. Still have my ticket as it has my name on it and they checked IDs when we walked in. That was their second-to-last show before they canceled the tour that they were using to combat Ticketmaster.

Reactions: fuzz77
Our tournament fans are much more rowdy than a normal Rupp game. The crowd should be really good for us.

Not bashing the Rupp crowd but our away fans are just so much more passionate rooting for our Cats in basketball and football. I actually enjoyed the away games over the years more then some home games.

I’d guess 80-20. Thing is UK fans who spend their money, time off, etc. to follow the Cats tend to be much more passionate fans than the average Rupp crowd. I just wish the game time wasn’t around 10pm EDT. Who came up with that. I’m 2 hours behind, and will be lucky to be awake at the end. That’s past my bedtime.

Reactions: Poetax
Not bashing the Rupp crowd but our away fans are just so much more passionate rooting for our Cats in basketball and football. I actually enjoyed the away games over the years more then some home games.

I have enjoyed the pleasure of both. Also think about the importance and hype of away bball games compared to a home game vs Grand Canyon.

I have enjoyed the pleasure of both. Also think about the importance and hype of away bball games compared to a home game vs Grand Canyon.

Yes I agree, in basketball you hardly go to an away game that is a cupcake. Probably football is where you see the difference even in a loss the fans stay into the game until the end, at home they are gone by half.

Leave some people at home.

Lol if it were that simple. Trying to raise two kids right as diehard UK fans and the 4th is my 72 year old dad who took me everywhere as a kid (and made me into the fan I am). It wouldn't feel right without the family!

Lol if it were that simple. Trying to raise two kids right as diehard UK fans and the 4th is my 72 year old dad who took me everywhere as a kid (and made me into the fan I am). It wouldn't feel right without the family!

Take your dad. Leave your kids.

Tickets are singles but some are aisle seats and go up 4 or 5 rows available. Which means for two, one would be seating right behind you.

JUST IN: Limited tickets have been released for tonight's NCAA Regional Semifinal games! Nevada vs Loyola (Chicago) Kentucky vs. Kansas State Get tickets here: http://bit.ly/2G1mSZD
DY56foXXUAUlf8a.jpg

Here is an article from 2016. http://cyclones.com/news/2016/3/19/210817589.aspx

ADVERTISEMENT