ADVERTISEMENT

The One Stat That Bothers Me Most With Cal

TheExhaustedOne

Sophomore
Jan 24, 2020
Above You
The day he got here he claimed he’d catch Ucla in titles. That clearly isn’t happening. But what’s even worse is he’s let the other bluebloods keep up with us or gain on us in titles.

Since he’s been here, here’s the title count:

Kansas: 0
Kentucky: 1
UNC: 1
UConn: 2
Villanova: 2
Duke: 2

A week from now one of those schools (minus UK/UConn) above will have another number added to their name. I’m just praying it’s Kansas or Nova because if UNC wins they’ll be only one title behind us and if Duke wins they’ll only be 2 behind us. Not to mention as it currently stands I’d take all of their chances of winning another title after this year before we do again, except MAYBE Kansas.

I couldn’t be too hard on him if he gave it his best and just came up short…

…But he acts like never even made these goals, the only goals he’s willing to discuss anymore is his players’ prospects after they get out of here.
I wouldn't be too hard on him if he'd take actual responsibility and just take a paycut or leave.

I would say his unwillingness to change or to at least to admit he may need to change (anything) is frustrating. To recognize, what I'm doing isn't working, or could be improved.

Im not sure the day he got here he said that....i remember him saying it sometime after 2012 on his website and he said something to the effect of "maybe im here to chase UCLA"

Reactions: Stayhi859
The last three years are inexcusable and indefensible with the resources, responsibility and salary Cal has.

Last year alone justified termination of his employment at Kentucky.
You mean last 2 years I assume. 3 years ago was a good season, where most of us thought we had a good chance at a F4 or better, until the tournament was canceled.

Also we all thought this year had been good until 1 single horrible game at the worst possible time.

But by now, I would have expected at least 2, maybe 3 titles, not just 1 more.

Reactions: SemperFiCat
The day he got here he claimed he’d catch Ucla in titles. That clearly isn’t happening. But what’s even worse is he’s let the other bluebloods keep up with us or gain on us in titles.

Since he’s been here, here’s the title count:

Kansas: 0
Kentucky: 1
UNC: 1
UConn: 2
Villanova: 2
Duke: 2

A week from now one of those schools (minus UK/UConn) above will have another number added to their name. I’m just praying it’s Kansas or Nova because if UNC wins they’ll be only one title behind us and if Duke wins they’ll only be 2 behind us. Not to mention as it currently stands I’d take all of their chances of winning another title after this year before we do again, except MAYBE Kansas.
I don’t think he claimed that.

In 2016, he stated that was his next challenge, that he wanted to catch UCLA
OP said he said it when he got here. And you said he “wanted” to catch then and OP said he “was” going to catch them. I know you will say small misquotes don’t matter but they really do.

We are blessed to have him, we are fortunate and honestly, lucky, The Chosen One has decided he will be with us, the man has nothing but options at his disposal. This is no more than a mere glitch in the matrix, he’ll be ready for next year! Redemption 2023!

You can prove it or not
JFC you are a piece of human debris.

Nobody wants to do busywork to satisfy a lousy skeptic like you.

I'll do it under one condition. That when I produce the article or quote, that you self-ban permanently. Otherwise you can shove it up your ass, because I remember him saying it too. Just because your memory sucks doesn't make you an authority on anything.

So how about it?

Ya got the sack to take up my bet?

Yeah. That's what I thought. Bye, now, loser.

Im not sure the day he got here he said that....i remember him saying it sometime after 2012 on his website and he said something to the effect of "maybe im here to chase UCLA"

I don’t think he claimed that.

Not in those exact words. But yes, he mentioned it when he accepted the job. You can look it up or not.

You can prove it or not

OP said he said it when he got here. And you said he “wanted” to catch then and OP said he “was” going to catch them. I know you will say small misquotes don’t matter but they really do.
just to clear all this up here's the clip in question. not sure the exact date but the earliest I see it on YouTube is uploaded in Aug of 2011, but from the looks of the jersey numbers I would say this is during his first season.

Reactions: dezyDeco
You mean last 2 years I assume. 3 years ago was a good season, where most of us thought we had a good chance at a F4 or better, until the tournament was canceled.

Also we all thought this year had been good until 1 single horrible game at the worst possible time.

But by now, I would have expected at least 2, maybe 3 titles, not just 1 more.
Not picking a fight, but anyone watching the last month of the season knew this team had serious issues. Saint Peters was just the culmination of those issues, not as much a fluke.

Not picking a fight, but anyone watching the last month of the season knew this team had serious issues. Saint Peters was just the culmination of those issues, not as much a fluke.
No, you're right. The injuries did us in. It completely affected us at the 1-3 spots, especially 2-3. And Cal was unwilling to change, to use a backup plan. I still think part of why Sharpe did not play was Cal not wanting to rock the boat on a team that had such great team chemistry and was playing so well. But with the injuries, he should have then put Sharpe in, even if just for 5-10min. But he assumed when Tyty returned we would be back where we were, and we WEREN'T! And once he saw that, he again could have made a change, but didn't.

ADVERTISEMENT