ADVERTISEMENT

The OL

The word is getting around the country pretty fast now about the development of OL players here. With the reputation of playing several OL every game hopefully we can get on a roll to get some highly rated OL from here on out.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Kinnard could not be kept off the field. It is easy for a fan to see he is an OL star. Other players take longer to develop.

Who are the backups that will be the stars of the future for this line?

Kinnard could not be kept off the field. It is easy for a fan to see he is an OL star. Other players take longer to develop.

Who are the backups that will be the stars of the future for this line?
OT Nick Lewis but he may need another year in the weight room, OG Horsey, C/OG Q. Wilson, OT Pope, OG Cox...I really like commits Buford/Jones, really athletic. Surprise could be RJ Adams if UK can sign him. Could be Stenburg's replacement as a true frosh.

Drake Jackson has been very complimentary toward his understudy, Wilson, and Cox has looked nasty in limited opportunities. Watkins is more than solid.

I just hope we can keep enough numbers to play an 8 or 9 man rotation after this year.
Re the rotation, me too. Numbers are a concern.

Stenberg said he expects Fortner to switch into his spot next year with Horsey or Collin taking the other guard position for next season.

I'm curious as to his actual size. He definitely isn't that big. Not close to his listed size. If you saw him on the street, you'd never think he was a high level player.

Kids technique must be off the charts

I don't know his actual size but I'm 6"2" and he is very close to me in height. That may be the only thing that keeps him out of the NFL but I don't really know if height is as important at the center position so long as he gets the ball to the QB and has the OL's assignments correct.

ADVERTISEMENT