ADVERTISEMENT

The officiating was very clever tonight..

StevieJFTW07

Senior
Nov 19, 2016
When was the last time a UK player shot TWENTY free throws in one game ? PJ Washington got the Yante Maten treatment tonight..but only after it was apparent that he was a mess at the free throw line. Everybody in the building knew he was going to keep missing free throws. It was written all over him. And the refs knew it. PJ has been getting beat up and put to the ground and such all season..he never came close to shooting 20..TWENTY free throws in a single game. I said in a thread earlier tonight that there was a play that I could have swore that SGA drew the foul on and should have been shooting free throws..it comes back from commercial/the TV timeout and PJ is back on the line shooting for that foul.

When he was like 4/10 is when it started. He turned a couple of them into and 1s..I don't think the refs anticipated for those to happen. He also was the one shooting on the majority of our 1 and 1s. Very odd and strange and fishy that one guy shot over half of UK's free throws..oh and he just so happened to be struggling badly from the line that same night. Hmmm..very odd indeed. Say what you want, but it was fishy as all hell.

Reactions: Mgkcbb and Mr_GG
He was the only guy taking it to the rim with agression. Makes sense that he drew the most fouls.

Knox did..he got called for offensive fouls. SGA did..he was getting slapped at/on all night..it was very hard for him to get a foul called in the 2nd Half. But man, PJ was getting away from the ball fouls called for him and a few other ticky tack fouls called for him in the 2nd half..lol..but in the 1st half, he got mugged a couple of times..no calls.

Same thing I thought OP. I'd like to see the FBI do a probe into college officiating. I remember the same play you mentioned where SGA got fouled, but they sent Washington to the line instead. I believe a lot of refs have agendas, certain schools they give the benefit of the whistle, certain schools that they shaft, and they intentionally try to keep games close to the spread.

It's so obvious, it's kinda laughable to me. Last year, Bam, Monk, Willis, and especially Fox couldn't get shit called for them..even when they were being mugged and hammered..this year, the refs send our worst free throw shooter to the line TWENTY times..the majority of those attempts after it was as obvious as obvious can be that he was mentally falling apart at the line. Good grief.

So your conspiracy theory is that the refs fouled out half the K-State rotation in an effort to ensure that a 65% free throw shooter would get 20+ free throws?

You understand how stupid that conspiracy sounds right? In a game where UK dug themselves a huge hole to start the game, and then followed it up with an 8 minute field goal drought... you are trying to blame the refs for free throws and fouling out K-State's team?

That must have taken a couple whole rolls of tin foil to come up with that conspiracy. That's some pizza-gate, lizard people, Elvis is still alive crap right there.

Good lord, shut the hell up. Nothing is more annoying than these whiny paranoid ref conspiracy theory threads after each loss.

UK was given 15 more foul shots than KSU tonight, we got far more whistles in our favor than they did. Oh, but it's somehow the refs fault that our guy kept missing his free throws? Gimme a friggin break.

Last edited:
When was the last time a UK player shot TWENTY free throws in one game ? PJ Washington got the Yante Maten treatment tonight..but only after it was apparent that he was a mess at the free throw line. Everybody in the building knew he was going to keep missing free throws. It was written all over him. And the refs knew it. PJ has been getting beat up and put to the ground and such all season..he never came close to shooting 20..TWENTY free throws in a single game. I said in a thread earlier tonight that there was a play that I could have swore that SGA drew the foul on and should have been shooting free throws..it comes back from commercial/the TV timeout and PJ is back on the line shooting for that foul.

When he was like 4/10 is when it started. He turned a couple of them into and 1s..I don't think the refs anticipated for those to happen. He also was the one shooting on the majority of our 1 and 1s. Very odd and strange and fishy that one guy shot over half of UK's free throws..oh and he just so happened to be struggling badly from the line that same night. Hmmm..very odd indeed. Say what you want, but it was fishy as all hell.

It was like a turnover when he touched the ball.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
So your conspiracy theory is that the refs fouled out half the K-State rotation in an effort to ensure that a 65% free throw shooter would get 20+ free throws?

You understand how stupid that conspiracy sounds right? In a game where UK dug themselves a huge hole to start the game, and then followed it up with an 8 minute field goal drought... you are trying to blame the refs for free throws and fouling out K-State's team?

That must have taken a couple whole rolls of tin foil to come up with that conspiracy. That'd some pizza-gate, lizard people, Elvis is still alive crap right there.

Then explain why the hell PJ Washington was shooting free throws for a foul that SGA drew, if you don't mind. Why was PJ getting ticky tack fouls called for him in the 2nd Half while Knox and Gabriel and Diallo couldn't get anything called for them but was also getting called for bogus over the backs and phantom fouls ? How was it that PJ managed to shoot 20 free throws compared to the rest of the team only shooting 17 free throws combined ? How was it that PJ was getting away from the ball fouls called for him yet basically nobody else on UK did ? How was it that PJ shot over half of his free throws in the final 5-10 minutes of the game ?

How come last season Bam and Fox and Monk and such got mugged all game and couldn't get crap called for them vs. UNC in the Elite 8, yet PJ shot 20 free throws in one game this year ? When is the last a UK player shot 20 free throws in one game ? Was he 8-20 in the game ?

Last edited:
Good lord, shut the hell up. Nothing is more annoying than these whiny paranoid ref conspiracy theories after every loss.

UK was given 15 more foul shots than KSU tonight, we got far more whistles in our favor than they did. Oh, but it's somehow the refs fault that our guy kept missing his free throws? Gimme a friggin break.

Get your head out of the sand, bud. I bet you also think John Higgins called a good game last year in the Elite 8 game vs. UNC. I bet you also think he just missed the shot clock violation in the Final 4 game vs. Wisconsin in 2015, I bet you also thought Napier didn't flop right in front of him in 2011. I also bet you think that Gabriel and Diallo got a fair whistle last night. And on and on and on. Moron.

Dumbest logic I've ever heard. Good gosh, we ran our offense thru him even after it was apparent he was way off. Knox did charge. SGA probably did get fouled a few times, but he was just off in every aspect tonight. We were given a gift path to final four and we blew.

Dumbest logic I've ever heard. Good gosh, we ran our offense thru him even after it was apparent he was way off. Knox did charge. SGA probably did get fouled a few times, but he was just off in every aspect tonight. We were given a gift path to final four and we blew.

Okay..even if you or you guys ignore everything I said, it's still not normal (Or even near it) to have 50+ fouls called in a game. A forty minute game. Over 50 fouls called. The refs called this game the exact opposite of how they called the Loyola Chicago/Nevada game. A mucked up, sloppy foul/whistle fest of a game. No rhythm, no flow..lots of stoppages..hard to go on a big run..perfect for the undersized, outmanned team and a nightmare for the more explosive, more talented, bigger and younger team. You guys need to wake up and smell the coffee. No offense.

Same thing I thought OP. I'd like to see the FBI do a probe into college officiating. I remember the same play you mentioned where SGA got fouled, but they sent Washington to the line instead. I believe a lot of refs have agendas, certain schools they give the benefit of the whistle, certain schools that they shaft, and they intentionally try to keep games close to the spread.
Posts like this are a diservice to the rest of the fan base. This we got too many foul shots for the wrong player stuff is hilarious.

Wake up sheeple Kentucky only shot 15 more free throws than K State. If you can’t see the clear bias by the NCAA, every tv network and every referee against Kentucky I don’t know what to tell you. Thank god Stevie here can see the truth. Open your eyes!

Okay..even if you or you guys ignore everything I said, it's still not normal (Or even near it) to have 50+ fouls called in a game. A forty minute game. Over 50 fouls called. The refs called this game the exact opposite of how they called the Loyola Chicago/Nevada game. A mucked up, sloppy foul/whistle fest of a game. No rhythm, no flow..lots of stoppages..hard to go on a big run..perfect for the undersized, outmanned team and a nightmare for the more explosive, more talented, bigger and younger team. You guys need to wake up and smell the coffee. No offense.
So, you’re saying there were too many fouls called and in the same thread complain that SGA, Knox, Diallo and Gabriel couldn’t get any fouls called against them when they were being fouled. So, which is it....too many fouls called or not enough fouls called because you’re complaining about both.

Here is the fact...we pounded the ball inside to PJ a lot lady nighy. They fouled the crap out of him all night. If they didn’t call half those fouls, you’d be bitching that he got hacked all night and they never called it.

So, you’re saying there were too many fouls called and in the same thread complain that SGA, Knox, Diallo and Gabriel couldn’t get any fouls called against them when they were being fouled. So, which is it....too many fouls called or not enough fouls called because you’re complaining about both.

Here is the fact...we pounded the ball inside to PJ a lot lady nighy. They fouled the crap out of him all night. If they didn’t call half those fouls, you’d be bitching that he got hacked all night and they never called it.

I'll just copy and paste this to you too...

# of fouls called on each team and free throw attempts are a very very poor way to win a debate or argument when it comes to garbage officiating. It's WHEN fouls happen, if they stop a run, if they stop momentum, if they are called a ton of times for a poor free throw shooter who is struggling far worse than even his poor average, who's shooting the free throws, how many key players are in foul trouble, is the officiating dictating the game, etc etc....you should know that..and the rest of this dumbass board who can't grasp what I just said should too.

I'll just copy and paste this to you too...

# of fouls called on each team and free throw attempts are a very very poor way to win a debate or argument when it comes to garbage officiating. It's WHEN fouls happen, if they stop a run, if they stop momentum, if they are called a ton of times for a poor free throw shooter who is struggling far worse than even his poor average, who's shooting the free throws, how many key players are in foul trouble, is the officiating dictating the game, etc etc....you should know that..and the rest of this dumbass board who can't grasp what I just said should too.
I didn’t bring up disparity in the number of fouls as an argument, so no reason to throw that at me. I brought up the fact you’re complaining about 50 fouls being called in the game while also complaining that other guys didn’t get calls against them. Fact is this. Even if some of the calls were ticky tack fouls against PJ, we continued to feed him the ball inside and running our offense through him. That’s on us, not on the refs. At some point, Cal has to realize the kid is struggling from the line and it’s not going to change.

Reactions: UK90
wow, just wow on this thread. I'm sure Cal isn't the most popular guy with officials or the NBA for many reasons, but to think the officials gave one guy a bunch of free throws cause they knew he was falling apart, is ridiculous. Maybe I woke up in another universe this morning, but free throw shooting is a fundamental part of the game. When I played in HS, you constrantly worked on it, and you couldn't leave practice until you made 10 in a row. Honestly, I don't know that I've seen a meltdown that as bad as PJ had last night with any of the average high school players I watch, much less a supposedly elite talent headed to the NBA. We have good kids, and I support Cal, but but for an elite program our lack of fundamentals is breathtaking.

I didn’t bring up disparity in the number of fouls as an argument, so no reason to throw that at me. I brought up the fact you’re complaining about 50 fouls being called in the game while also complaining that other guys didn’t get calls against them. Fact is this. Even if some of the calls were ticky tack fouls against PJ, we continued to feed him the ball inside and running our offense through him. That’s on us, not on the refs. At some point, Cal has to realize the kid is struggling from the line and it’s not going to change.

I wasn't aiming some of that post at you..it was really aimed to the jackasses in this thread.

And well, PJ was playing great besides his free throws and PJ was the only guy shooting free throws and getting calls made for him the last 7 or 8 minutes of the game..at least for the vast majority of that stretch. I guess Coach Cal was just hoping and praying that he would snap out of it and hit more than he ended up hitting.

But I want everybody to ask themselves this..if we were playing through Knox or having SGA drive and drive and drive instead of pounding it inside to PJ, do you think either one of them would have shot as many free throws down the stretch as PJ did ? My guess would be no..because they both shoot 80%+ from the line. PJ's missed free throws and missed front ends of 1 and 1s were as good as turnovers..the refs saw that. And yes, so did Coach Cal.

Last edited:
Reactions: 78TULcats
OP = an idiot

Fail. Tell me then, genius..when was the last time a UK player shot 20 free throws in a game ? Why didn't Fox, Monk, Bam, etc get the benefit of 20 free throw attempts last season vs. UNC in the Elite 8 when they were mugged and hammered all game ? I bet you can't answer either question. So many want to blame Coach Cal or anything else but the garbage officiating because it's just "stupid" or "outlandish" or "tinfoilish" or "moronic" or "unsportsmanlike" or "embarrassing" or whatever to blame garbage officials and officiating even after the raping UK took from Higgins last season. Even after one garbage, cheating NBA official got busted years ago. Just ridiculous.

Only UK fans (dumb ones like the OP) blame the refs for not calling enough fouls, then calling too many fouls on one guy.

Losing had nothing to do with coaching, a million turnovers, bad defense, or terrible shot selection. It was because the refs called too many fouls against Kansas St...I got it now.

Last time a UK player shot 20 free throws in a game was March 5, 1999.

Last time a UK player shot 20 free throws in an NCAA game was March 18, 1961 when Roger Newman attempted 22 free throws.

The next most was Roderick Rhodes was March 18, 1994 when he attempted 19.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
Only UK fans (dumb ones like the OP) blame the refs for not calling enough fouls, then calling too many fouls on one guy.

Losing had nothing to do with coaching, a million turnovers, bad defense, or terrible shot selection. It was because the refs called too many fouls against Kansas St...I got it now.

And only a dumb one like yourself would say UK played bad defense last night. Gave up only 61 points all game even with KSU making 9 threes..God, yes..shitty defense. And bad shot selection ? It's kind of hard to even get up a shot when the whistle's blowing every 30 seconds.

giphy.gif

Last time a UK player shot 20 free throws in a game was March 5, 1999.

Last time a UK player shot 20 free throws in an NCAA game was March 18, 1961 when Roger Newman attempted 22 free throws.

The next most was Roderick Rhodes was March 18, 1994 when he attempted 19.

Thank you !! Much appreciated..seriously..thank you. I rest my case. Hell yeah, man. Thanks for the awesome find. [cheers]

This has all the components of a truly great Rupp Rafters thread:

1. outlandish premise;
2. asserting a conspiracy theory;
3. about officiating; and
4. OP comes back to respond to every post critical of his thread.

Well done, OP.

But history agrees with me..not you guys. Well done indeed.

This is classic

Reactions: cashisking884
Last nights game was one of the few times I have seen slapping down at the ball was allowed without many fouls. That is usually an automatic foul whether you touch the man or not, some of it was being weak with the ball and some of the time they fouled hard with nothing being called. We didn't adjust to the way it was being called. PJ got to the line a lot but is was only after being fouled at least twice before being called, we still should have won the game, if you can't hit free throws you will lose.

To the OP......

Are you seriously saying that the refs had it in for us, so they colluded together to find the one UK player that was not making FTs in the game, even though he is shooting well for the season, and then proceeded to call fouls ONLY for him since he could not make them ?

Seriously ??? SMH

To the OP......

Are you seriously saying that the refs had it in for us, so they colluded together to find the one UK player that was not making FTs in the game, even though he is shooting well for the season, and then proceeded to call fouls ONLY for him since he could not make them ?

Seriously ??? SMH

Well, a UK player has not attempted 20 free throws in an NCAA Tournament game since 1961..nearly 60 years ago. So, yes, yes I do. And 62.5% is not "well" from the free throw line.

Like was mentioned above, Knox was held coming off a screen and they called the foul. Went to a TV timeout. Instead of Knox shooting the free throws, PJ went to the line. I was almost positive I saw that too. How in the world does Cal allow that to transpire? I noticed it immediately.

ADVERTISEMENT