ADVERTISEMENT

The NBA Sucks

No shit Sherlock. But then again none of our players give a crap about what we say about them on this message board so by your logic if the players don’t care why talk about it? Guess we can just get rid of message boards all together

Boston carries water for rich athletes. He thinks it makes him virtuous to trash the little fan and raw ride elites.

No one knows why.

Reactions: UK2KJAG
I see the Kentucky argument. The problem is college ball is soooo much more volatile.. And our talent is young. Many coaches would rather have the roster stability.. That's on them.

Kentucky tries to stack their roster.. But when you need to win 6 games in a row for a title with no room for error.. So be it.

It's not like we had a 25 year old Anthony Davis playing 7 game series..

Reactions: UK2KJAG
Also.. Is Golden state, from a mentality standpoint, not a pro version of Duke or what? A bunch of players who have everything handed to them and have to work half as much as everyone else.. Constantly talking.. Never about that life (ariza now has two golden state players he would have snatched their lives from them if not for witnesses) .. And Watching Quinn cook literally take all the final shots was such a Duke thing to do.

Also.. Is Golden state, from a mentality standpoint, not a pro version of Duke or what? A bunch of players who have everything handed to them and have to work half as much as everyone else.. Constantly talking.. Never about that life (ariza now has two golden state players he would have snatched their lives from them if not for witnesses) .. And Watching Quinn cook literally take all the final shots was such a Duke thing to do.

Just stop and take the L tonight, my man. I took it the other night without this nonsense. Youre better than this.

Boston carries water for rich athletes. He thinks it makes him virtuous to trash the little fan and raw ride elites.

No one knows why.

you got me. carry on, do your part to put hall of fame durant, with his titles, MVP and finals MVP trophies, 150+ million dollars in his rightful place. that will show him

Just stop and take the L tonight, my man. I took it the other night without this nonsense. Youre better than this.

Is what I said really untrue?

You took the L because what can you REALLY say about Houston aside from Chris Paul's past? Oh, a bunch of guys that work for it? A lot of players who do well and keep playing? Ones who don't need to dance after having a horrible start to the playoffs? Or players who don't truck the opposition and SOMEHOW it's a technical on PJ Tucker?

Houston doesn't give you ammo like GSW does. The Warriors do themselves no favors. They aren't hated SOLELY because they are good..

Is what I said really untrue?

You took the L because what can you REALLY say about Houston aside from Chris Paul's past? Oh, a bunch of guys that work for it? A lot of players who do well and keep playing? Ones who don't need to dance after having a horrible start to the playoffs? Or players who don't truck the opposition and SOMEHOW it's a technical on PJ Tucker?

Houston doesn't give you ammo like GSW does. The Warriors do themselves no favors. They aren't hated SOLELY because they are good..

That the players dont have to work for it? Yes, thats nonsense. Not only do they work for it, they sacrifice stats, money, minutes, spotlight etc for it.

Youre going to single out one play?? I could do that with several plays from that last game in Houston but why would I? Houston wasnt losing, neither was GS tonight.

That the players dont have to work for it? Yes, thats nonsense. Not only do they work for it, they sacrifice stats, money, minutes, spotlight etc for it.

Youre going to single out one play?? I could do that with several plays from that last game in Houston but why would I? Houston wasnt losing, neither was GS tonight.

Uh who has sacraficed money aside from KD who was desperate for a title? Klay and Dray just haven't had a chance to truly collect. Steph certainly didn't take a paycut.

NBA Insiders clearly know what's up. Chuck: "KD, How easy is it to have so much talent that none of you are ever guarded 2 on 1?"

Steph and KD don't have to play defense.. IGGY, Klay and Draymond don't HAVE to be the offense. Basketball is much easier when your roster is worth 300 million. Hey, if you're a fan it works. But again, don't pretend these guys have to work as hard for it. And don't pretend that people dislike GSW simply because they're good.

There was noting near as egregious from game 2 as some of Draymond moves THIS game AND Game 1.

But you love Cousins. (So do I btw).

Save me the lack of comparisons speech. They both hit players in the nutz when not looking, start fights, run their mouths, cheap shots, etc.

Defending past the point of no return. Cousins retaliates. Green starts it.

Come on now.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Let's be clear: Kevin Durant absolutely cares what people think and say about him.

He made the right career move for himself, killed the balance of power, is an all-time great player, but he 100% cares that Warriors fans (established 2014) don't love or value him and that there's nothing he can do to change that.

He's the giant safety net while they watch the team they love have fun with its real members.

He's Banks joining the Mighty Ducks. He's a cake eater.

And that's fine. But he is. And it bothers him.

Uh who has sacraficed money aside from KD who was desperate for a title? Klay and Dray just haven't had a chance to truly collect. Steph certainly didn't take a paycut.

NBA Insiders clearly know what's up. Chuck: "KD, How easy is it to have so much talent that none of you are ever guarded 2 on 1?"

Steph and KD don't have to play defense.. IGGY, Klay and Draymond don't HAVE to be the offense. Basketball is much easier when your roster is worth 300 million. Hey, if you're a fan it works. But again, don't pretend these guys have to work as hard for it. And don't pretend that people dislike GSW simply because they're good.

There was noting near as egregious from game 2 as some of Draymond moves THIS game AND Game 1.

So the Warriors are being given a title?? or theyre so much better that its not fair? Cant have it both ways.

Look, you said it...if youre a fan, it works.

Im assuming you wouldve turned KD away in Houston and probably will Lebron too if that becomes a possibility.

I just don’t get the notion that saying you don’t enjoy the nba being a foregone conclusion equates to having a loserville mentality. College basketball and the nba aren’t really comparable at all due to the post season format differences. When the U of L fans bitch about us getting all the recruits, it rarely leads to titles (1 in all our seasons of recruiting championships). When you have arguably the best team (greatest regular season team OF ALL TIME) in the nba and you add the nbas second best player, it all but ensures the championship will be coming to said franchise. The NBA playoffs used to be my favorite in sports due to me not having a favorite team and enjoying the unpredictable nature of it. GS killed that for me.

So the Warriors are being given a title?? or theyre so much better that its not fair? Cant have it both ways.

Im assuming you wouldve turned KD away in Houston and probably will Lebron too if that becomes a possibility.

LeBron to Houston needs to happen. Anything to make the warriors dominance stop is fine by me. Just make it interesting again PLEASE

I didn't really say either. at least not so much that it's unfair. It is what it is. Although I think GSW gets some of the same "star" treatment that everyone hates Cleveland/Lebron for. They've clearly gotten that "we need this team for ratings" bump from the officials this series.

It's a team that's simply worth more than any other team, by a substantial margin. It's a team with a lot of unlikable players.. almost all of them really. They are NOT like Kentucky, just because they both try and amass talent. Kentucky takes the gamble of young teams.. they aren't putting proven/veteran players on their squad. They aren't getting Davis and KAT as seniors.

I want no part of Lebron to Houston if I'm being honest. It just won't work with Harden. Pieces need to compliment each other, and both those guys need the ball in their hand.

Personally, ans super hot take alert.. trade Harden now. He's a dissappearing act in the playoffs.. where he's just not going to get the calls he gets in the regular season. If they traded Harden and scooped up Lebron? I'm all for that with CP3 and another complimentary piece. I'd love to see us add another 100m worth of talent over GSW and see how their fans react lmfao.

I don't know that anyone is mad at the Warriors. They did what they're supposed to do.

You really can't even blame Durant. You can spend the rest of your career winning rings and facing single coverage living in a beautiful place with the perfect system for your ability. That's a good move.

But it does take some of the drama away. You can't beat this team four times in seven games. And barring injuries, you won't for a few years. It's great basketball, but there's no suspense.

Dont even really like Green, but youre making my point. Fans see what they want they want. And Ill reiterate, Im a Cousins guy, but I can take off the blue shades as well.

You're scaring me a bit. Were you also trying to compare Cousins to Green last week?

I'll reiterate.. those two aren;t even in the same solar system. You can defend Green all you want. You can play the self-aware card, but you clearly aren't if you think Cousins is the same type of "person" Green is.

Agreed, wish they would stop increasing the salary cap. The fact you can have 3 max contract players and good role players has ruined the game.

It’s the third game in the series and Houston just kicked their ass. Let’s slow down.

Also, when has the NBA not been like this? There almost always are only one or two teams that have a legit shot to actually win.

If Boston was healthy, I think they’d make GS earn it in the finals (assuming GS made it past Houston). GS would still be favorites of course.

This might be true, but KD will hurt himself when all is said and done. He’ll never be considered what he could have been, but then again he wouldn’t have either way because he wasn’t wining anything without GS.

I’ve always considered Durant the Beta of the greats.
Let's see, concern yourself about what others think of you or live your best life doing what makes you happy. Tough decision.

Kinda like Cal had to jump to Kentucky and taking the easy way out instead of staying at Memphis. Kidding, that's nonsense too.

Why do people keep trying to compare GSW to Kentucky? KD wanted an easy title. Cal, on the other hand, had BCG leftovers. Cal didn't go to some pre-built team. He went to a team, that just went to the NIT, and brought his own players.

We're really reaching with these Kentucky comparisons. Still think Duke is the much better comparison simply by looking at the persona's on each team.

Why do people keep trying to compare GSW to Kentucky? KD wanted an easy title. Cal, on the other hand, had BCG leftovers. Cal didn't go to some pre-built team. He went to a team, that just went to the NIT, and brought his own players.

We're really reaching with these Kentucky comparisons. Still think Duke is the much better comparison simply by looking at the persona's on each team.
Cal went to a team with the most history and tradition of any program in the country that had won 7 titles with 4 different coaches. Memphis has never won a title and has only been to 2 Final Fours in their entire history. Yes, its 10x easier to win at Kentucky.

Were reaching when we concern ourselves with who guys choose to play with. It's the hater generation. Bill Russell played on loaded teams, Magic Johnson played on loaded teams, Larry Bird played on loaded teams, Michael Jordan played on loaded teams. No one discounts their titles, it's only a thing now in the hater generation where titles dont count unless their won on a bad team.

It's sports debates.. Enough with this "I can't believe you'd think KD would care what a message board..." line. If you're here debating with other fans you've never met, than that argument goes out the door.

Cal got some more buzz, and some more funding. He still built this team. Quite honestly, Cal doesn't NEED Kentucky to win a title. Kentucky was never in his way. The KD situation is different for dozens of reasons. One of the differens, GSW wasn't a dream "job" for KD, like Kentucky was for Cal.

The crazy part is that KD is the only player on GSW who can truly carry his own weight. He's certainly good enough on his own to win a title. But he, like EVERY player, including Jordan, needs some help. I don't discredit KD as a player.. but he chased a title, simple as that.

Yes, its 10x easier to win at Kentucky.

This though, deserves it's own post. Never heard something so absurd. What about Kentucky makes it 10x easier to win a title? We giving our players some different type of water? The coach makes the program. Or a coach nukes the program.

Kentucky now has a legacy that pulls in coaches like Cal, that's what it has, but that's ALL it has. Same for Duke, and UNC and Kansas. There's nothing inherently easier about winning a title at Kentucky than Memphis. Cal was at the title game in 2008. Where was Billy? Probably at the bar.

It's sports debates.. Enough with this "I can't believe you'd think KD would care what a message board..." line. If you're here debating with other fans you've never met, than that argument goes out the door.

Cal got some more buzz, and some more funding. He still built this team. Quite honestly, Cal doesn't NEED Kentucky to win a title. Kentucky was never in his way. The KD situation is different for dozens of reasons. One of the differens, GSW wasn't a dream "job" for KD, like Kentucky was for Cal.

The crazy part is that KD is the only player on GSW who can truly carry his own weight. He's certainly good enough on his own to win a title. But he, like EVERY player, including Jordan, needs some help. I don't discredit KD as a player.. but he chased a title, simple as that.
Cal has zero titles at UMass, Memphis, and New Jersey. As a matter of fact, he did need Kentucky to win a title.

Cal has zero titles at UMass, Memphis, and New Jersey. As a matter of fact, he did need Kentucky to win a title.

You truly don't think Cal can't do what he does here at several other schools? You believe Kentucky afforded him these crazy amount of opportunities that he didn't have Memphis?

He recruited the same players there.. and if you're a Kentucky fan, you certainly know how the ball can bounce in the tournament.

If you think Cal needed Kentucky in the way KD needed GSW.. and further, if you think the two situations are even remotely the same then.. heh.. Well, I got nothing.

This though, deserves it's own post. Never heard something so absurd. What about Kentucky makes it 10x easier to win a title? We giving our players some different type of water? The coach makes the program. Or a coach nukes the program.

Kentucky now has a legacy that pulls in coaches like Cal, that's what it has, but that's ALL it has. Same for Duke, and UNC and Kansas. There's nothing inherently easier about winning a title at Kentucky than Memphis. Cal was at the title game in 2008. Where was Billy? Probably at the bar.
Our everything is superior to Memphis. I wouldnt even know where to start, just think of anything, that anything is superior at UK.

Nick Saban doesnt win multiple national titles at Vanderbilt or Kentucky, Alabama's tradition, facilities, infrastructure, and commitment to football is vastly superior, same applies to Kentucky basketball.

You truly don't think Cal can't do what he does here at several other schools? You believe Kentucky afforded him these crazy amount of opportunities that he didn't have Memphis?

He recruited the same players there.. and if you're a Kentucky fan, you certainly know how the ball can bounce in the tournament.

If you think Cal needed Kentucky in the way KD needed GSW.. and further, if you think the two situations are even remotely the same then.. heh.. Well, I got nothing.
Weird, same players but he didnt win a title there, he didnt go to 4 Final Fours there, he didnt have #1 overall picks there, he didnt put 30+ guys in the NBA there. He did go to 3 NIT's there though.

Let's see, concern yourself about what others think of you or live your best life doing what makes you happy. Tough decision.

These guys live the life anyway. They already have that. Jordan didn’t become the best in history by not giving a F about anything. Most guys around here can’t even figure out why they don’t retire after the second contract, I wouldn’t expect you to understand this.

ADVERTISEMENT