ADVERTISEMENT

The most brutally honest thing you have heard an announcer say about someone

Glenn's take

All-American
May 20, 2012
Even if you don't necessarily agree with. Doc Rivers was announcing a game with the Spurs. This is close to verbatim. "Tim Duncan is a great basketball player that is great because he loves to play the game. David Robinson is a great basketball player because he knew he was good at it and could make a lot of money." I don't know if it's true or not but it's the only bad thing I have ever heard about David Robinson.

Reactions: funKYcat75
I remember KSR going to the Derby Classic to see Stacey Poole Jr. There was a lot of hype about him and they did a podcast of his game. It was a typical KSR joke and laugh fest but at the end Matt got serious and just said that Poole seemed lazy. Said he had real talent but was relying on that and not effort. It seemed really harsh but I have to say he was right.

Reactions: chroix
That time the Cats wore black jerseys and got stomped and Bilas said it looked like they’d dressed for their own funeral.

Reactions: Lamar Card
I dont know off the top of my head what it could be, but I have zero doubt about it it would have come from listening to Marty Brennaman call a Reds game 😅
“Channel 5 has made a BIG MISTAKE!!”
Not sure what it was in reference to, but he was never shy shooting from the hip.

Reactions: CB3UK
“Channel 5 has made a BIG MISTAKE!!”
Not sure what it was in reference to, but he was never shy shooting from the hip.
Absolutely. Seems like a lot of older folks didnt care for him. As a younger dude, not really remembering hear him with Nuxy, he waa a breath of fresh air from the PC toe the company line broadcasters we have now. God bless Tommy Thrall but man he just doesnt have the rapport with the Cowboy. Hopefully thats growing pains.

Cawood was tGOAT, but I only remember bits and pieces of hearing him on the radio growing up. I feel like he didnt hesitate to offer legit criticism but wasnt an outspoken firebrand or anything.

Tom Leach isnt ever going to stir the pot, but as far as calling the action he us absolutely one of the best in the business. I do shift work and listen to A LOT of sports broadcasts in the eveninfnon satellite radio at work. It really makes me appreciate just how good Tom is. Dont take him for granted Cat fans.

Reactions: CatGotMyTongue
A long time ago when Jimmy Cornette was commentating with Lance Russell on Saturday morning wrestling, some palooka who was very, very pale was wrestling Cornette wrestler. He said, 'it looks like the other guy went to anblodd bank and forgot to say when. Awesome comment!

Even if you don't necessarily agree with. Doc Rivers was announcing a game with the Spurs. This is close to verbatim. "Tim Duncan is a great basketball player that is great because he loves to play the game. David Robinson is a great basketball player because he knew he was good at it and could make a lot of money." I don't know if it's true or not but it's the only bad thing I have ever heard about David Robinson.
I don't consider that a bad comment about Robinson. I'm sure there are plenty of guys that played just because they were 7 feet tall and able to make a living at it.

Joe Namath

“What does it mean to you now that the team is struggling?”

“I wanna kiss you. I could’t care less about the team strugg-a-ling,” Namath said while slurring and gazing into Kolber’s eyes.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Joe Namath

“What does it mean to you now that the team is struggling?”

“I wanna kiss you. I could’t care less about the team strugg-a-ling,” Namath said while slurring and gazing into Kolber’s eyes.

I gotta say I'm with Broadway Joe on this one. Kolber is hot.

ADVERTISEMENT