ADVERTISEMENT

THE MASTERS

cawoodsct

All-American
Gold Member
Apr 27, 2006
82/15
Smallest field in 20 years with just 87 players, maybe an addition from Houston Open to make it 88.

dd756e613ca0c3c2afae9b8ec0b958cc.jpg

TV COVERAGE (ET)

Monday: 12-2 p.m. (CBS Sports)
Tuesday: 9-11 a.m. (CBS Sports)
Wednesday: 9-11 a.m. (CBS Sports); 3-5 p.m. (ESPN)
Thursday: 11 a.m.-1 p.m. (CBS Sports); 3-7:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Friday: 11 a.m.-1 p.m. (CBS Sports); 3-7:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Saturday: 11 a.m.-1 p.m. (CBS Sports); 3-7:30 p.m. (CBS)
Sunday: 11 a.m.-1 p.m. (CBS Sports); 2-7 p.m. (CBS)
*CBS Sports coverage is Masters on the Range preview show.

ONLINE STREAMING SCHEDULE (ET)

MONDAY, APRIL 2

On the range: 12-2 p.m.
Hole 16: 12-3 p.m.

TUESDAY, APRIL 3

On the range: 9-11 a.m.

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 4

On the range: 9-11 a.m.
Par 3 Contest: 3-5 p.m.

THURSDAY, APRIL 5

Honorary starters: 7:45-8:30 a.m.
On the range: 8:30-10:30 a.m.
Featured groups: 9:15 a.m.-7:30 p.m.
Amen Corner: 10:45 a.m.-6 p.m.
Holes 15 and 16: 11:45 a.m.-7 p.m.
Broadcast: 3-7 p.m.

FRIDAY, APRIL 6

On the range: 8:30-10:30 a.m.
Featured groups: 9:15 a.m.-7:30 p.m.
Amen Corner: 10:45 a.m.-6 p.m.
Holes 15 and 16: 11:45 a.m.-7 p.m.
Broadcast: 3-7:30 p.m.

SATURDAY, APRIL 7

On the range: 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Featured groups: 11:10 a.m.-7 p.m.
Amen Corner: 12:30-6 p.m.
Holes 15 and 16: 1:30-6:30 p.m.
Broadcast: 3-7 p.m.

SUNDAY, APRIL 8

Featured groups: 10:45 a.m.-7 p.m.
On the range: 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Amen Corner: 12-6 p.m.
Holes 15 and 16: 1-6:30 p.m.
Broadcast: 2-7 p.m.
Green jacket ceremony: 7 p.m.

Masters Website:

https://www.masters.com/en_US/index.html

green-jacket-auction.jpg

Last edited:
I'm ready for it. I will be rooting for Jordan.

Just bought new irons, bag, rescue...

And I'm still gonna suck. But that's why I love golf. Can't blame anyone but yourself when you f@$& up.

Great game.

Reactions: cawoodsct
I'm ready for it. I will be rooting for Jordan.

Just bought new irons, bag, rescue...

And I'm still gonna suck. But that's why I love golf. Can't blame anyone but yourself when you f@$& up.

Great game.

Haha, yep. I have $1500 worth of clubs in my bag and I can't break 90!

Rory, Phil, and Bubba have won 4 of the last 6 tour events and have the pedigree to win. Tiger and DJ are playing well and of course everyone shows up wanting to win at Augusta. It’s going to be the best Masters in the last several years for sure.

I think Lefty has at least 1 more major in him. I’d love to see him win the Masters for the 4th time but he needs that elusive U.S Open to complete the grand slam. That being said, I’m still picking Sergio to repeat.

Toughest Masters I can remember predicting. Have to go with Justin Thomas, but Bubba is making me think long and hard about it.

Reactions: Tskware
the way Tiger has been playing, I can see him winning it.

and of course, my brother has tickets for himself, his wife, and our parents.

I'm not going :(
Friend of mine won the ticket lottery for the second year in a row. Luckily I've been the beneficiary both times. Went Monday of last year and will be there Tuesday this year. Just hoping we don't get rained out like we did last year.

We will see three slam attempts this year starting with Rory at the Masters, Phil at the Open, and Spieth at the PGA. If by some chance Kaymer wins the Masters, make that four if he won the British.

Spieth would be the best play this year to get it done, for some reason, ever since the epic Sunday meltdown, Rory has not played all that well at Augusta, and Phil is probably at the very tail end of his chances to win the Open, probably now or never.

We will see three slam attempts this year starting with Rory at the Masters, Phil at the Open, and Spieth at the PGA. If by some chance Kaymer wins the Masters, make that four if he won the British.

Spieth would be the best play this year to get it done, for some reason, ever since the epic Sunday meltdown, Rory has not played all that well at Augusta, and Phil is probably at the very tail end of his chances to win the Open, probably now or never.
Then the PGA goes to May so Spieth will get another attempt a few months quicker.

I hope Tiger, DJ, Phil, Rory, Spieth, Sergio, & Bubba are all in the top 10 and within 2 or 3 strokes of each other When Sunday’s round starts. That would be the best day of golf ever.

Reactions: Burger-n-Shake
Fred Couples article:golf:

http://www.golf.com/tour-news/2018/...utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_twitter_golf

So you've got a practice round scheduled with Tiger next week?

He's already played a few times up there, we all know that, but I'm going to play nine holes with him Monday and see how I'm doing and then hopefully play the par 3 with him. I just want to see him, check him out, say hi and watch him play.

Given that uncertainty, what are your expectations?

My expectations are to play a couple practice rounds with my buddy Tiger, to relax, to play the par 3 contest and to really play Thursday and Friday. Now, I've never ever said that, but this year a huge goal is to make the cut. That's a huge goal. I mean again, I haven't played a hole since January 20th.

Fred Couples article:golf:

http://www.golf.com/tour-news/2018/...utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_twitter_golf

So you've got a practice round scheduled with Tiger next week?

He's already played a few times up there, we all know that, but I'm going to play nine holes with him Monday and see how I'm doing and then hopefully play the par 3 with him. I just want to see him, check him out, say hi and watch him play.

Given that uncertainty, what are your expectations?

My expectations are to play a couple practice rounds with my buddy Tiger, to relax, to play the par 3 contest and to really play Thursday and Friday. Now, I've never ever said that, but this year a huge goal is to make the cut. That's a huge goal. I mean again, I haven't played a hole since January 20th.

Freddie is the only guy I’d root for over Tiger if he’s in contention. Such a natural talent. Back injuries cost him multiple majors.

I want Tiger to play well. I want him in contention. I just don't want him to win. That way, everybody wins. The tour wins, CBS wins, the fans win, and Jack wins. I'm a Tiger fan, but more of a Jack fan. Anybody else feel that way? Or am I the only one

Reactions: ymmot31
Don’t look now but Spieth may be figuring that putter out. Really hope this Masters lives up to the build up and a Superstar name wins. If Tiger goes into Sunday with a real chance to win ratings will be through the roof.

Reactions: USSLair
I want Tiger to play well. I want him in contention. I just don't want him to win. That way, everybody wins. The tour wins, CBS wins, the fans win, and Jack wins. I'm a Tiger fan, but more of a Jack fan. Anybody else feel that way? Or am I the only one
It would be best if Tiger got to working on the 19 second place finishes in the majors. Gonna be hard to top 37 top 2's. Or 46 top 3's.

Reactions: kafka0117
Early forecast:

Thu Apr 5
Sunny
20°
68°

POP
24 Hr Rain
-
24 Hr Rain
-
Wind
11 km/h NE
Wind
7 mph NE
Hrs of Sun

Fri Apr 6
A mix of sun and clouds
24°
75°

POP
20%
24 Hr Rain
-
24 Hr Rain
-
Wind
16 km/h SE
Wind
10 mph SE
Hrs of Sun

Sat Apr 7
Cloudy with showers
27°
81°

POP
40%
24 Hr Rain
1-3 mm
24 Hr Rain
0.1 in
Wind
17 km/h S
Wind
11 mph S
Hrs of Sun

Sun Apr 8
A mix of sun and clouds
18°
64°

POP
20%
24 Hr Rain
<1 mm
24 Hr Rain
trace
Wind
14 km/h W
Wind
9 mph W

Reactions: santamaria78
It would be best if Tiger got to working on the 19 second place finishes in the majors. Gonna be hard to top 37 top 2's. Or 46 top 3's.

If you think any of these guys care about 2nd place you’re nuts. Jack would trade every 2nd and 3rd place finish he ever had for one more green jacket.

Reactions: TruBluCatFan
Just making a point about his entire body of work John. Not only did Jack win 18, but he was in serious contention to win 19 others by coming in second place. I would think you, above all others here, would understand the importance of 2nd place finishes.

No questioning how great Jack was. Career wise you still have to give him the nod over Tiger. I’ll take Tiger’s 10 year prime over anyone else’s though.

Looks like Poulter will make it in after all. Beau Hossler just put the ball in the water out of the bunker in the playoff.

88 players will play the 2018 MASTERS

Tomorrow LIVE FROM on golf channel at 2 pm and 7pm

Not a fan of Poulter but have to give him a lot of credit for his play the last three days. Guy has coasted throughout his career and is battling hard in his 40’s to stay relevant in golf.

Reactions: JohnKBA
ADVERTISEMENT