ADVERTISEMENT

The Mandalorian

Starting to get a bit disappointed with the show. High production value, good entertainment, but it's getting repetitive with it's format.

It doesn't have much of an arc. Instead they're all basically self contained episodes where mando somehow gets in a weird/unnecessary scrape, finds his way out, then rides off into the sunset. Rinse and repeat.

There is a rumor that Pedro Pascal quit midway filming season 2 over not wanting to film in the suit as much. Mmmk.

That's the rumor. It makes sense. He's basically wasting his time and should just be voice over if they'll keep his helmet always on. Just a bizarre arrangement imo

Starting to get a bit disappointed with the show. High production value, good entertainment, but it's getting repetitive with it's format.

It doesn't have much of an arc. Instead they're all basically self contained episodes where mando somehow gets in a weird/unnecessary scrape, finds his way out, then rides off into the sunset. Rinse and repeat.

That's the rumor. It makes sense. He's basically wasting his time and should just be voice over if they'll keep his helmet always on. Just a bizarre arrangement imo
Yeah, I like watching the show bc the visuals are cool, etc...but are we getting the child somewhere or? Its like, ah man I need an ink pen, better traverse across the universe...gets there fights beast. Then, we I need this now go all the way over here

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
He's trying to locate more Mandalorians so that hopefully some of them know WTF The Child is and where he comes from. This last one was a dead end because he wasn't a Mando after all. Just had someone's cool armor. Now he'll have Boba Fett on his ass throughout the galaxy while he tries to locate a bunch of hidden Mandalorians that might not even be able to help him. Boba might be after the child too since the last few people with The Force that he ran across 1) killed his Dad and 2) made him fall into a Sarlaac pit.

I liked that the sound the dragon made was the same as the sound Obi Wan made to scare off the sand people in A New Hope. Great episode with a great nod to fighting the Krayt Dragon in Knights of the Old Republic.

Reactions: parrott

Rinse and repeat.

Sooo.. like everything Star Wars?

I dont care how good those first 3 movies were.. Star Wars fans are the battered women of the movie industry.. as their husbands beat the shit out of them, they sit there and go like "this isn't as bad as it looks! He's really nice when no one's watching!"

Episode was a little slower than usual. Action picked up at the end but it was too much and wasn’t a fun watch. Easily the worst episode so far. Hopefully not a sign of things to come. It was good to see The Child moving around a bit more and having a personality. No magic hands.

Reactions: wildcatsboston1984

Starting to agree with this. It just seems like a different chase scene every episode with little to no through story.

I seen Timothy Olyphant in it, hard to take him serious in this,but ill watch Justified forever.

Starting to agree with this. It just seems like a different chase scene every episode with little to no through story.

Ep 2 was even more ridiculous.

First he's randomly attacked by strangers in the desert. They tied a string to the only two rocks in the entire dune sea.

Then randomly questioned by xwings where he attempts to run for no reason. Crashes. Falls through ice.

Of course frog lady decides to randomly take a plunge in the hot springs which also doubles as a giant spider lair. Frog lady is also a crack shot, surprisingly.

Mandos ship now limps off into space where five minutes into the next episode he'll experience some other incredibly bad luck that will persist for 30 minutes till he finds his way out again.

Sadly it's almost laughable at this point.

If you don’t like the Mandalorian Star Was just isn’t your thing.

I respectfully disagree. Aside from nostalgia, the only real value Star Wars has to me is the original trilogy's lesson of the importance of calm, rational thought and total selflessness that Luke exemplifies through his evolution from an impulsive fool into a well-rounded adult. Everything else is just bonus material for other fans and I personally have no need for any of it. :)

Reactions: GnarlsBarkley
I don't recall Mando saying "May the force..." before this latest episode. But the first ecounter with a Jedi must be close one would think.

I respectfully disagree. Aside from nostalgia, the only real value Star Wars has to me is the original trilogy's lesson of the importance of calm, rational thought and total selflessness that Luke exemplifies through his evolution from an impulsive fool into a well-rounded adult. Everything else is just bonus material for other fans and I personally have no need for any of it. :)

Well, I can respect that, but the hero’s journey is not unique to StarWars, you can find that in plenty of other stories. But there is only one place for lightsabers, Jedi, and droids.

Enjoyed this ep a lot. Katee Sackhoff, Sasha Banks, Titus Welliver... The line about the darksaber effectively proved this ep wasn't a one off with the Mandalor's

All of that, however, is consistent with Lucas's Star Wars. At heart, it's still kids stuff. It's not gonna be a Game of Thrones OMG moment every week. I think this will be a slow burn as he works his way across the galaxy.
Agree. Some episodes will be more eventful than others, but it's not going to be much more than that.

Hard crush on Katee Sackhoff.

Mando may be on the potential identity crisis if he comes to believe what she said about him being part of an offshoot sect.

Good episode. Didn’t know the head Mandalorian chick’s story but I’ve read and caught up. Last of her bloodline? Is Din gonna get some?

I wanted the kid to get one more egg before they left.

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
The one that came out was really good. It had more to do with the overall through story than the first 3 episodes combined.

I was expecting a Jedi mind trick for those macaroons. Some blue milk to dip them in would been a nice touch.

Can someone summarize/explain the significance of the story/synopsis of the Mandalorian discussion between the other mandalorians and Mando and the black saber? I have missed it and saw it referenced above. TIA Any one care to hypothesize as to the significance of the story going forward?

Rogue One killed its entire cast because none of them were in the original Star Wars films.

Also, Mon Mothma alluded to all the deaths in the original trio.

"Many Bothans died to bring us this information."

She said this when referring to how the Rebel Alliance got the plans for the Death Star. Bothans refers to the Bothan spy network. While, Bothans refers to a cat like race that's skilled in covert operations, in this instance she's likely referring to the entire network. And when Mon says it, she spaces out to add more drama to the statement.....thus indicating that it was a terrible loss.

Can someone summarize/explain the significance of the story/synopsis of the Mandalorian discussion between the other mandalorians and Mando and the black saber? I have missed it and saw it referenced above. TIA Any one care to hypothesize as to the significance of the story going forward?

Much of the back story and lore comes from the animated series like Clone Wars.

Reactions: wildcatsboston1984
Dropping some major Star Wars names in that one. I didn't finish Rebels but the last I saw her she was fighting Darth Vader and barely hanging on to her life.

I am still calling him Baby Yoda. I don't care if his real name is Grogo.
I don’t know. Somehow he’s even cuter with a real name.

And I’m confused. Was Mando’s mission to get him to a Jedi or to his planet/race/kind/whatever?

Great episode. I’ve really missed a lot not watching the animated series. Guess I need to catch up. Which one is the place to start?

Also, Mon Mothma alluded to all the deaths in the original trio.

"Many Bothans died to bring us this information."

She said this when referring to how the Rebel Alliance got the plans for the Death Star. Bothans refers to the Bothan spy network. While, Bothans refers to a cat like race that's skilled in covert operations, in this instance she's likely referring to the entire network. And when Mon says it, she spaces out to add more drama to the statement.....thus indicating that it was a terrible loss.

Too bad you're completely wrong. Mon Mothma's quote was about plans for the SECOND Death Star, and thus had nothing to do with the events in Rogue One.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/many-bothans-will-not-be-dying-in-rogue-one-1785213325

Mods, please ban this poster for posting disinformation. TIA.

Guess I need to catch up. Which one is the place to start?
I'm guessing Clone Wars since Rebels is set just before the Rebellion begins and has many references to characters in the Clone Wars. Ahsoka's story begins there as a 14 year old apprentice to Anakin.

Reactions: funKYcat75
Last episode was probably my favorite. Keeping my fingers crossed that we somehow get an interaction between Ahsoka and Luke.

ADVERTISEMENT