ADVERTISEMENT

The Last of Us

Yes, it is very good and the ratings are impressive. Almost unbearable to watch a week-to-week show now as binging has spoiled us. I could easily sit down and watch a whole season of this.

So many of the lines were directly from the game too. I can't wait for the next episode.
I don't know anything about the game but my son said the same thing you did and he absolutely loves this show as well.

My son actually told me about this show yesterday; said it was great.

But yeah, like someone else said, binging has ruined us and it's become difficult to wait a week between episodes, and I'm 60, so I grew UP having to wait a week in between episodes.

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
I usually wait so I can binge watch, not sure I can with this one. Already given a forced wait with 1923. Doesn't start back up until Feb 5th. I think. Not sure why they stop showing episodes mid season.....

Reactions: chroix
The Last of Us video game is still to this day one of the best games I’ve ever played. The sequel was horrible but the original is an absolute classic.

My son actually told me about this show yesterday; said it was great.

But yeah, like someone else said, binging has ruined us and it's become difficult to wait a week between episodes, and I'm 60, so I grew UP having to wait a week in between episodes.
60 ? You’re a young man, Welder. I watched the 1st episode this morning. Damnation. The grandmother scene was intense

Just so impressed by this show so far

We’ve seen this type of story many times, but damn when HBO nails something it’s much watch tv

Last edited:
Reactions: WildcatFan1982
Trailer looks like another walking dead/world war z/I am legend zombie show. Just not sure I’m into that genre anymore.

Same. Thanks to twd money grab of stringing s show out for eternity, I am burned out on the never ending wandering around with nothing of significance happening.

If this is still apparently really good in a few weeks, I will pick it up

Reactions: Ron Mehico
Sticking incredibly close to the story in the game and it’s really good. The imagery and graphics are nuts, just like the game.

Reactions: PhDcat2018
I thought that 2nd episode was really, really good. Man, I wish I could just binge the whole thing.

Anyone else think every now and then Pedro Pascal looks a helluva lot like Burt Reynolds?
Agree about Pedro and binge, but 2nd episode was a bit slow....Maybe I expected more context, still good though.

The walking dead pretty much ruined all zombie content for me so I’m trying my best to keep that out of my mind.
I used to be the biggest zombie horror fan but TWD did the same to me. This was a great first episode and look forward to the first season. I didn't play the games but from what I hear I hope the actually stray far away from source on season 2.

Loving the show so far. Don't know the story as I never played the game (I'm an xbox guy). Looking forward to Joel and Ellie's relationship growing. He's gonna see her like a Daughter and will become very protective.

I'm not a fan of Zombie flicks as I don't like pointless gore and I've never watched TWD... but I'm glad I gave The Last of Us a chance.

There was one other zombie show on Netflix called Black Summer that I binged and thought was great. Had an incredible pace and killed off cast members at a pretty alarming rate for a TV show. Loved that one. The chase sequences with the guy that looks like Zach Galifianakis were superb. I loved the out of control madness that show captured.

Reactions: chroix
3rd episode pretty disgusting. Hollywood doing everything in its power to make Trumpers look correct with their nutty conspiracy theories but it seems strange to just randomly decide to have two old bearded white guys going at it be something people want to see.

People are perfectly free to pursue happiness however they see fit and good on them, but does that necessitate us all seeing and approving of their intimacy or we're haters? How about say, lepers? I've always been curious about how 800lb people go at it so throw it up there on screen randomly for no reason right in the middle of your TV show you were watching. Fabulous. What a touching love story between Zach Galifianakis and a bearded Will Ferrell. Just what I was looking for. Talk about steaming up the screen with their primal desire.

The Curse Of Oak Island has taught me patience with shows. It will probably drag on for another 20 years!
If you even started Oak Island thinking they’ll ever find anything, I’m sorry.

Zombies in The Last Of Us is the only
Bad part. The actual actors and real people
Are awesome as is the story. I just can’t do fungus zombies or any zombies, they’re so touching stupid and all the same.

“X” takes over human body and tries to infect/kill other people, what an original thought lol.

3rd episode pretty disgusting. Hollywood doing everything in its power to make Trumpers look correct with their nutty conspiracy theories but it seems strange to just randomly decide to have two old bearded white guys going at it be something people want to see.

People are perfectly free to pursue happiness however they see fit and good on them, but does that necessitate us all seeing and approving of their intimacy or we're haters? How about say, lepers? I've always been curious about how 800lb people go at it so throw it up there on screen randomly for no reason right in the middle of your TV show you were watching. Fabulous. What a touching love story between Zach Galifianakis and a bearded Will Ferrell. Just what I was looking for. Talk about steaming up the screen with their primal desire.
I love that this episode triggered homophobes so much. Imagine being disgusted by Bill & Frank, which wasn't randomly decided by Hollywood mind you but taken & expanded on from the game the show is based on, but being fine seeing all the gore this show has lol. Y'all are weird

Last edited:
I like the series so far simply because of Perez. But if it becomes TWD…I’m out fast.
Want more story. I can watch mindless zombies on CSPAN.

The show is rated TV-MA so it sounds like it’s not meant for you

Reactions: WildcatfaninOhio
Well that was, strange. I love how they introduced Bill but I could've done without this "love story". The after episode part talked about how they wanted to deviate from the game this episode. I haven't played it so I don't know how it was. Still. When I googled reviews after the show, I saw all kinds of talk about how this was "the best episode in the history of television" because of it's theme. Ok then. Only a small minority wanted to see that but of course "reviewers" would have you think otherwise. I'm still gonna watch the show because it's good, but am happy that we won't have to see this again.

I love that this episode triggered homophobes so much. Imagine being disgusted by Bill & Frank, which wasn't randomly decided by Hollywood mind you but taken & expanded on from the game the show is based on, but being fine seeing all the gore this show has lol. Y'all are weird
What was the purpose of the episode? Not a homophobe, but just don't understand why they did it. It doesn't move the plot along, and undermines how Joel doesn't want to be like Bill. The game implies Bill and frank were gay. So where are the complaints for that? It was just a pointless, at best, episode.

If you even started Oak Island thinking they’ll ever find anything, I’m sorry.

Zombies in The Last Of Us is the only
Bad part. The actual actors and real people
Are awesome as is the story. I just can’t do fungus zombies or any zombies, they’re so touching stupid and all the same.

“X” takes over human body and tries to infect/kill other people, what an original thought lol.
No. I first heard the Oak Island story back in college. Went there on a trip, once. I'd settle for knowing who put something there. If they can determine that, I'm happy. I've always thought whatever was placed there was long gone.

Reactions: roguemocha
ADVERTISEMENT