ADVERTISEMENT

The Last of Us

No. I first heard the Oak Island story back in college. Went there on a trip, once. I'd settle for knowing who put something there. If they can determine that, I'm happy. I've always thought whatever was placed there was long gone.
I just couldn’t watch multiple seasons of dudes just like alright let’s dig some more after digging for the last three seasons. Like why watch and be bored to death. Just wait til they find something and then watch it. Seems boring and pointless.

I just couldn’t watch multiple seasons of dudes just like alright let’s dig some more after digging for the last three seasons. Like why watch and be bored to death. Just wait til they find something and then watch it. Seems boring and pointless.
I'm not sure there will ever be an end to it

Reactions: roguemocha
So many Kentucky people so scared of gay stuff. Jesus Christ boys, travel a bit. Who gives a shit if two dudes kiss or hold hands good god. You jerk off to girls doing that but heaven forbid two bros want to play slap and tickle.

Swear to god the people that don’t like/think it’s a sin/are grossed out by gays think about it WAAAAAAAY more than gays or those of us that don’t give a shit.

Can’t imagine sitting there watching tv and my head exploding being like GOOOODDDDDAMNNN GAYS RUINING EVERYTHING!!!! IM SO MAD IM GOING TO A UK SPORTS WEBSITE TO VOCALIZE MY DISDAIN FOR THIS BEHAVIOR FOR THE NEXT FEW HOURS OVER MULTIPLE DAYS!!!!

Guys I hope not to ruin this for you, but that scene was just the beginning. If you’ve played the game you know the plot twist at the end of the first season is that the virus actually doesn’t turn people into human craving zombies but actually c*ck craving lunatics

I have no idea why, but, hoping the only reason they expanded the story to show these dudes falling in love was to make these snowflakes scared and mad!

That's a pretty bad reason to do something, and it's obvious people caught on to why this was an entire episode.

"Wait, you want us to have a gay romance scene because you care about us? That's so thoughtful!"
"Huh? Oh no no, we just want to piss off the other political party."

Reactions: UK-BILL
Guys I hope not to ruin this for you, but that scene was just the beginning. If you’ve played the game you know the plot twist at the end of the first season is that the virus actually doesn’t turn people into human craving zombies but actually c*ck craving lunatics
Rogue and 312Cat headed straight to Costco to load up on Popcorn.

I’ve already said I’m Kind of over because zombies are stupid and cliche.

I haven’t even made it to the gay part. Fell asleep Last night before it I guess.

And if I wanted to see gay shit bubbers, there’s this thing called the internet and it’s all over it, I would just go there if that were the case. I wouldn’t need to wait for HBO to make a few scenes about it.

Also, I don’t need 144 cans of Mountain Dew so I don’t go to Costco.

Reactions: thabigbluenation
I already have lube homie thanks. Turns out it’s fun with gals too, you should try it, and by it, I mean a gal for the first time.

So many Kentucky people so scared of gay stuff. Jesus Christ boys, travel a bit. Who gives a shit if two dudes kiss or hold hands good god. You jerk off to girls doing that but heaven forbid two bros want to play slap and tickle.

Swear to god the people that don’t like/think it’s a sin/are grossed out by gays think about it WAAAAAAAY more than gays or those of us that don’t give a shit.

Can’t imagine sitting there watching tv and my head exploding being like GOOOODDDDDAMNNN GAYS RUINING EVERYTHING!!!! IM SO MAD IM GOING TO A UK SPORTS WEBSITE TO VOCALIZE MY DISDAIN FOR THIS BEHAVIOR FOR THE NEXT FEW HOURS OVER MULTIPLE DAYS!!!!
Way to miss the point... bill being partners with frank is implied in the game. If they did the episode like that part of the game, but maybe a flashback scene, it's fine. However, they chose to make it a big lgtbq episode that took away the critical interactions between Bill, ellie, and Joel.

Your sister doesn't count.
Don’t have one except an adopted one but that was very funny, clever and original even.
Way to miss the point... bill being partners with frank is implied in the game. If they did the episode like that part of the game, but maybe a flashback scene, it's fine. However, they chose to make it a big lgtbq episode that took away the critical interactions between Bill, ellie, and Joel.
No shit man? It’s like movies differ from the book or video games over and over and over. Is this your first time noticing that?

The game and books take days to complete, movies take two hours, they’re going to be different.

Don’t have one except an adopted one but that was very funny, clever and original even.

No shit man? It’s like movies differ from the book or video games over and over and over. Is this your first time noticing that?

The game and books take days to complete, movies take two hours, they’re going to be different.

But again, changing a story is one thing.. but changing a story to make a giant political/social statement is another (especially when they really took a left turn). That's what people are annoyed with.

Look, if they made an entire episode where someone waits 9 months to deliver a baby in an apocalypse, and Disney-fies the shit out of it.. the left would lose their mind. They couldn't even handle some 90s child star making crappy holiday movies for a pro-Christian TV channel..

Should everyone be included and given a voice and be represented? Absolutely. But trying to beat one side over the head with viewpoints will turn people away..

Uh it's in the game so no big deal. Although the 2nd game's story isn't as good as the first imo.
Was the news segment scene in episode one in the game? Or the Indonesian scientist scene explaining the severity of the initial outbreak?

But again, changing a story is one thing.. but changing a story to make a giant political/social statement is another (especially when they really took a left turn). That's what people are annoyed with.

Look, if they made an entire episode where someone waits 9 months to deliver a baby in an apocalypse, and Disney-fies the shit out of it.. the left would lose their mind. They couldn't even handle some 90s child star making crappy holiday movies for a pro-Christian TV channel..

Should everyone be included and given a voice and be represented? Absolutely. But trying to beat one side over the head with viewpoints will turn people away..
Expanding the background of a minor character isn't changing the story lmao cry about it more snowflake

Reactions: UK-BILL

But almost everything in the first 2 episodes are directly from the game, including dialog. Episode 3 was pointless at best. If they made half of it the relationship between Bill/Frank, and then the back half the the interactions of Bill/Ellie/Joel then it would have been OK. But nope, had to be fully woke.
Was the news segment scene in episode one in the game? Or the Indonesian scientist scene explaining the severity of the initial outbreak?
No, and it was trying to put climate change bs into it. But it wasn't a whole damn episode.

Thank you.

Expanding the background of a minor character isn't changing the story lmao cry about it more snowflake
It is changing the story. The interaction between the 3 helps move the plot and starts to change how Joel views ellie. Plus, in the game, it wasn't just, "oh here's a truck that's got gas in it and ready to go."

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
But almost everything in the first 2 episodes are directly from the game, including dialog. Episode 3 was pointless at best. If they made half of it the relationship between Bill/Frank, and then the back half the the interactions of Bill/Ellie/Joel then it would have been OK. But nope, had to be fully woke.

No, and it was trying to put climate change bs into it. But it wasn't a whole damn episode.

Thank you.
Do you sell your tears? Someone mentioned lube in here

Thank you.
Well for those of us that didn’t play the video how would we know? So how would it matter to us?

I agree making political statements in movies is stupid but those movies and shows have been failing at an alarming rate so I’m pretty sure that stuff will continue to decrease.

Also, I don’t go attention to politics as it’s a waste of your life and don’t really even see it most times in entertainment.

Well for those of us that didn’t play the video how would we know? So how would it matter to us?

That's actually what a lot of people are annoyed about. The Last Of Us is one of the bigger games over the last few years, and certainly a top3 single player game during this time. So while many people knew of last nights characters, it wasn't how it was done in the game. And very much over blown. And it's also not surprising Nick Offerman signed up for it. That guy is first in line to completely give up his man card as some form of feminist reparations. Starting to think his Ron Swanson character was complete satire of people he hates (minus the woodworking aspect), the way Stephen Colbert did The Colbert Report.

I agree making political statements in movies is stupid but those movies and shows have been failing at an alarming rate so I’m pretty sure that stuff will continue to decrease.

Also, I don’t go attention to politics as it’s a waste of your life and don’t really even see it most times in entertainment.

Me personally, I don't care that much. I lived in NYC, you bartended in tropical vacation spots.. We've seen some shit lol. But I AM still conservative, and I do understand why some people felt that last nights episode was basically one hour-long infomercial/soapbox moment.

It took you this long to find out Swanson is a satirical character? Look out guys, we have a genius here!

Boy, someone's upset people didn't take to this episode, huh? lol.

Offerman playing Swanson wasn't out and out satire, at least not in the way that Colbert pretended to be a conservative when he was really a giant lib. He was more so playing a character, like anyone else. Not to mention, he didn't write the character.

Reactions: mdlUK.1
Wouldn't you want a show to stick to the story instead of going off on a tangent that has no relevance? The show, to this point, has been about Joel and Ellie, and to a lesser extent tess. Episode 3 didn't really advance the plot of the story with the exception of like 5 minutes at the end.

Reactions: mdlUK.1
Your point is a standard "wow they showed a gay couple I can't believe this woke society we live in now". It's stupid, you're stupid, give me your tears
No. That isn't the point at all. Just another attack by you since you cannot refute the actual point. It has nothing to do with the couple being gay. They're gay in the game too.

That's actually what a lot of people are annoyed about. The Last Of Us is one of the bigger games over the last few years, and certainly a top3 single player game during this time. So while many people knew of last nights characters, it wasn't how it was done in the game. And very much over blown. And it's also not surprising Nick Offerman signed up for it. That guy is first in line to completely give up his man card as some form of feminist reparations. Starting to think his Ron Swanson character was complete satire of people he hates (minus the woodworking aspect), the way Stephen Colbert did The Colbert Report.

Me personally, I don't care that much. I lived in NYC, you bartended in tropical vacation spots.. We've seen some shit lol. But I AM still conservative, and I do understand why some people felt that last nights episode was basically one hour-long infomercial/soapbox moment.

Wouldn't you want a show to stick to the story instead of going off on a tangent that has no relevance? The show, to this point, has been about Joel and Ellie, and to a lesser extent tess. Episode 3 didn't really advance the plot of the story with the exception of like 5 minutes at the end.
GOT did the same thing, changed things from the book and WAY more people have read that than played this game. Artistic license and whatnot.

A movie will never be exactly like the book or game, it’s not happening.

I just don’t understand why people still get upset about it and haven’t figured out things will change from what they originally loved to the movie.

The books and movies Savages and Where The Crawdads sing were both awesome, I loved them, different but both awesome, I didn’t care. It’s not my story to tell.

Again, I don’t understand the whole, “it’s not like the book, they changed things!!!!” Yup and that’s happened for a century now since movies came around. Why do people still get mad about it? 90% of the people that watch the show or movie never read the book or played the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT