ADVERTISEMENT

The Last of Us

Really enjoyed the season but I can see why some may not, considering it's a lot of Joel and Ellie walking around and becomes super light on the zombie front. Reminded me a bit of the Before trilogy. Just getting to know one another and slowly evolving as characters. Curious how many Emmys come the show's way since the production looked incredible and the acting was superb throughout.

Did the first season cover the whole story of the video game or is there more story?
First game fully covered but certain things were changed. Some were dismissed altogether(looking at you episode 3). Good show but needed wwaayyy more infected.

Episode 1 was great. It was a good season overall, not great. Everything outside of the story (acting, sound, picture, etc) was great, though.

I have only minor issues with the story. It was obvious that Ellie was supposed to essentially become Joel’s new “purpose”. She was supposed to remind him of his daughter…blah blah blah. The writing of that element felt lazy to me though. I never really became emotionally connected like I was in the first 30 min of episode 1. Just felt like one scene Joel was cold and heartless and then out of nowhere he looked at Ellie as his own child. It’s hard for me to truly care about the characters if I don’t believe it.

More fungi. I’m honestly shocked how little zombies there were.

Reactions: chroix
Had more fun reading the outrage thread than I did actually watching the show. Not sure I’ll give it a go in the second Season.

I have only minor issues with the story. It was obvious that Ellie was supposed to essentially become Joel’s new “purpose”. She was supposed to remind him of his daughter…blah blah blah. The writing of that element felt lazy to me though. I never really became emotionally connected like I was in the first 30 min of episode 1. Just felt like one scene Joel was cold and heartless and then out of nowhere he looked at Ellie as his own child. It’s hard for me to truly care about the characters if I don’t believe it.
I had a different take on it. I thought he was trying NOT to like Ellie which is why he was initially cold and heartless because she reminded him of his daughter and he succumbed to it. I thought Pedro's acting was stellar.

I had a different take on it. I thought he was trying NOT to like Ellie which is why he was initially cold and heartless because she reminded him of his daughter and he succumbed to it. I thought Pedro's acting was stellar.

Prlly true. But either way, I felt the transition into caring about Ellie was surface level. I just didn’t “believe” it, if that makes sense. The acting was great, that was never the issue for me. More of just a writing thing I suppose.

Perhaps it's telling how tv programming sucks these days. Not a lot out there worth tuning in.....
Not sure about that. Granted, I don’t watch a lot of shows currently, but there seems to be a solid selection across several streaming services. You’re not always going to get The Wire or a True Detective season 1. Personally, I can’t wait for Succession next week. Unfortunately, it’s the final season.

Not sure about that. Granted, I don’t watch a lot of shows currently, but there seems to be a solid selection across several streaming services. You’re not always going to get The Wire or a True Detective season 1. Personally, I can’t wait for Succession next week. Unfortunately, it’s the final season.
True Detective season 1 is the greatest thing I have ever watched movie or television.

ADVERTISEMENT