ADVERTISEMENT

The John Calipari Appreciation and Well Wishes Thread

Let’s go ahead and start this and please, only genuine, thankful posts. This is no place to bash the outgoing coach. You can literally do that in every other thread on the front page and you won’t even stand out at this point.

I wish John Calipari all the best. We had a great run and most of us will judge future high points by what he did during that especially excellent stretch. The 2012 team was superlative and more than worthy to among the great teams to raise a banner in Rupp. I hope one day we put one up there for Cal too.

He was just what we needed when he came and he added a great deal to our program’s overall legacy.

Thank you, Cal, best of luck in your future endeavors.
Why would Cal leave with the number one recruiting class coming next year with the top two guards and the number one forward and center plus Reed Sheppard,

I'm upset with the status of the UK basketball program. Never been better in every other aspect of my life.

See how that works? It's a silly thing you pumpers try to say to deflect attention of the subject at hand.
Right, right. I said that you seemed upset, you then said that you were, indeed, upset. Thanks for proving my point. Happy that the rest of your life is good though 😁

kZdMVrv.gif

You can say something positive if you wish, where you miss the mark is the silly stuff about people's lives being ruined. It kills the rest of your entire post and just exposes you.

And look, you did it again with this post ....
Exposes me as someone trying to remain somewhat positive????

Right, right. I said that you seemed upset, you then said that you were, indeed, upset. Thanks for proving my point. Happy that the rest of your life is good though 😁
If you aren't upset with the current status of our college basketball program, then you aren't a Kentucky fan.

Thank you for clarifying. You can correct me if I'm wrong and you're happy with where we are.

I guess the other option is this is another screen name for leadbelly and you're just trolling. It does feel like ole LB's style.

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
2019-present is "bump in the road" ?

Nah, it's "driving off a cliff"
Just a quick recap for the few Cow Kool Aid drinkers left:

2019-20

• worst home loss in the history of the basketball program
2020-21

• worst record for the program in 100 years
  • missed the NCAA tournament
2021-22

• worst tournament loss in the history of the program
  • lost status as the most winningest program in history
2022-23

• Top 5 preseason team with the reigning NPOY is on track to likely miss the tournament
bumpy-ride.gif

I appreciate Cal’s humanitarian efforts around the state. Idc how sincere they were, it’s important to a society that those with means help those without of there own volition or else people will want the government to do that… I digress…

From a basketball standpoint I’m 31 and grew up watching Tubby and BCG. So his first 5-6 seasons here were the best years I remember watching. You were fun and exciting and you made UK the place to be. Thank you for that.

My thoughts on what you have done since is well documented on this board and given the OP’s intent I will not repeat them here.

Cal, thank you for teaching me the value of the DVR. I’ve grown personally in the time i would otherwise be watching the game live, and with all of the losses, I learned to only watch the wins!

Are you the guy that said something like “I can’t believe we have fans that think we are going to lose to Mizzou”?

Just curious.

I still have faith in Cal...this year is a wash in my book, if anything of value happens then good, if not then my life isn't going to be ruined like it will be for some of you. My eyes are focused on next year and the years after. This coaching staff is finally returning to a level where they are landing multiple top 10 kids and I think it just takes time to recover from the past few years. 2020-Covid year keeps us from the tournament, 2021-Cunningham would've been here if OSU doesn't hire his brother and we definitely don't go 9-16, 2022-Injuries and the Sharpe fiasco keeps us from a tournament win, 2023-Sharpe fiasco continues and replacements from last year's rosters just aren't clicking. It seems like for the past few years, we are a couple of decisions and bad luck situations from contending for a title. I'm going to try and stay positive for the future
images

Are you the guy that said something like “I can’t believe we have fans that think we are going to lose to Mizzou”?

Just curious.
My point back then was, what’s the benefit of going in assuming we were gonna lose to Missouri. Easy to talk in hindsight especially now that this team has proven that it can’t win on the road. Thanks for remembering me though, that means a lot.

Some of you all are honestly so sad. I posted one thing positive tonight and have had more people reply with anger and negativity than anything else I’ve ever posted. I get that we all love UK but good lord, get a grip

Reactions: Backer cutter
Some of you all are honestly so sad. I posted one thing positive tonight and have had more people reply with anger and negativity than anything else I’ve ever posted. I get that we all love UK but good lord, get a grip
You’ve ripped a cog in your timing gear. Call the man.

Reactions: STL_Cat
I usually remember ridiculously bad takes. Congrats.
My take was, there’s no point in being negative and assuming that a loss is inevitable. There’s still no point in being negative. Glad you feel like you accomplished something.

2019-present is "bump in the road" ?

Nah, it's "driving off a cliff"
Just a quick recap for the few Cow Kool Aid drinkers left:

2019-20

• worst home loss in the history of the basketball program
2020-21

• worst record for the program in 100 years
  • missed the NCAA tournament
2021-22

• worst tournament loss in the history of the program
  • lost status as the most winningest program in history
2022-23

• Top 5 preseason team with the reigning NPOY is on track to likely miss the tournament
Cats will be in ncaa tourney and do well in it i still belive in Cal

I could see it going either way but struggle to see Cals ego being able to go out like this at UK.

Cal has made more damage for our program in modern history. He has given us the worst season and the worst loss. Pitino did zero damage to the program and is hated. Cal has put it close to life support by uk standards. I don’t see any warm goodbyes or anything like that. The man who overstayed his welcome is what he will be known as.

ADVERTISEMENT