ADVERTISEMENT

The Guitar Thread

got one for Christmas about 6 yrs ago. As smooth as anything I ever played. Wanted a ES-335 but just don't play enough to pay that kind of money for a guitar, also have an american strat, alvarez acoustic , and seagull acoustic. Hardly ever touch em anymore..

Last edited:
got one for Christmas about 6 yrs ago. As smooth as anything I ever played. Wanted a ES-335 but just don't play enough to pay that kind of money for a guitar, also have an american strat, alvarez acoustic , and seagull acoustic. Hardly ever touch em anymore..

Dont even touch the American Strat anymore? That's a pretty compelling endorsement.

What do you play through?

Reactions: 55wildcat
My gear is just basically collecting dust anymore, and just like new. Lost interest after my dad died. Bout the only time I ever open a case is when I get my family together for a get-together, we usually have music going on and I might throw in a little. I have dupuytrens in my left hand and it hinders cording anymore as well..Still love to hear some good licks though..

Hilarious video from Brendon Small. It's an easter egg on one of the Home Movies DVDs and it's great.

If you don't watch and love Metalocalypse, you're not doing life right. The music is phenomenal and the story arc is top notch. Watch Home Movies too.

Aquarium Rescue Unit with Shawn Lane. AQRU founded by the beast Jimmy Herring. They consistently pumped out dope shit.

My gear is just basically collecting dust anymore, and just like new. Lost interest after my dad died. Bout the only time I ever open a case is when I get my family together for a get-together, we usually have music going on and I might throw in a little. I have dupuytrens in my left hand and it hinders cording anymore as well..Still love to hear some good licks though..

Went with the Epiphone Sheraton. So far so good...

Reactions: argubs2
I just bought an Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top Pro in the Honeyburst color. I really like it so far. I have always played the piano but wanted to learn something new and my wife said bagpipes were not an option since they don't come with a headphone jack for practicing. [roll]

Here is a picture of it...well at least one like it. This pic makes it look a little more of a greenish tint than what it has.
POP_LPSTDPLUSPRO-HB.jpg

Al D' lives in Old Tappan NJ. 2 minutes from my house. He drives a blue Ferrari. Anytime that car goes by... There goes Al.

Cool thread, love me some guitars too.

Been playing for quite some time now, and have amassed a pretty good collection over the years. I'll go through phases where I prefer playing one over the others, then put it down and fall in love with playing a different one. The last several weeks and at this past weekend's gig, I've been stuck on my EVH Wolfgang.

11540912_10153391121765502_580606963354905483_n.jpg

Speaking of guitars . . . I just checked out the recently release alternate version of Brown Sugar with Eric Clapton playing slide guitar circa 1970. Sweet!! Cannot believe it has never made it on any Stones album before.

I just bought an Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top Pro in the Honeyburst color. I really like it so far. I have always played the piano but wanted to learn something new and my wife said bagpipes were not an option since they don't come with a headphone jack for practicing. [roll]
So no cover of "It's a Long Way to the Top"? lol

Reactions: 420grover
Gotta love the guitar. Like most of the videos in this thread, there are people out there that just own it but none of them can write or put together a good song.

Anyway. I love the beginning of this song/

Have not played in years....... I suck. Don't care....

I am real close to ordering me a Brent Mason PRS.

Can't justify it.... Don't care

I have one PRS already and a '68 Gibson Dove. And several cheap guitars... Sold all of my other gear.

Think I am going to take the money get the guitar I want and a damn good amp to enjoy myself.

Hopefully one of my future grand kids can do them justice.

One of my personal favorite guitar songs.

Marc Ford plays the solo a little different every time you hear it. He's a little sloppier than normal in this version, but it's so rock and roll that I'm willing to embrace it.

This is Shawn Lane, Jonas Hellborg, and Jeff Sipe in Atlanta in 1996.

This is the greatest live musical performance I have ever seen. If you have 1:45 to take it all in, do it.

If you don't, skip around and you'll get the idea.

Added a Reverend Double Agent to the collection a couple months ago, and love it. Tons of tonal variety, great feel, just an all around fantastic instrument.

1396546723doubleagent_III_VCFM_main_2.png
These are awesome "bang for the buck" guitars.

so - for the ppl that actually play - what kind of gear are you running?

about 4-5 years ago I went back to GUITAR + AMP with nothing in between
Have a decent (very used) Les Paul Studio and a really sweet 1965 Strat (reissue)
playing both through my Fender Frontman while at home (nice sounding but solid state)

but get to play through an older Fender Deville Tube amp with my main band
recently had to add an "Ignator" (Egantor?) head to the amp to push the tone a bit more because something's up with the amp….

so that Frankenstein set up was used for the first time in my last rehearsal - sounds outstanding as far as I'm concerned

main thing is --- nice guitar + tubes + a solid amp = can't go wrong

Steve Howe always looked like a hot mess / uber geek -- but dude can play

those little triads he's using in between the single note runs are a MUST to learn if you haven't already

ADD that to your vocabulary no matter what style of music you play!

Reactions: maverick1
ADVERTISEMENT