ADVERTISEMENT

The funny thing about basketball is had Hami made that 3 pointer

we go up by 7... he still turns the ball over twice in a row.... and we end up losing by 7 instead of 10.

Hell maybe lose by more because that 3 would of kept him in the game through his 2 horrible trips in a row... and then continues to ruin the game even further for us.

Nah, I think if that had gone down and we were up by 7, Auburn may not have made the run. However, that probably does mean Diallo would have stayed in and odds are he would have messed up again, so who knows.

This is what upsets me because the 1st thing I was going to write is that I am sick of hearing we are going to NIT. We are not going to NIT lets wait and see what happens in next 5 games. Florida gets beat at home again by Georgia and I think we match well with them and I think we match well with Arkansas. We start with a strong game at home Saturday vs. Bama. I know all the trolls and so called fans are saying you just have your blinders or most remarks I have been receiving all night. We just need to have that one game like in the VT when we hit 12 threes and was shooting well back then but not good defense. Play outstanding ball like we did vs. UL and WVU. I will feel sorry for the team once we starting knocking down some 3's and we play smarter ball and that has to come Saturday vs. Bama. Then go on the road and beat Arkansas and come home for 2 games and win those 2 games and head to Gainesville on a 4 game winning streak and beat UF. Then continue in the SEC Tournament. I know we probably wont make the deep run in the Tourney but these Trolls are driving me crazy currently saying NIT. Talk to me about that after these 5 games coming up with 3 at home and 2 we can win the road.

I thought tonight we had turnover at the 8 and under timeout and leading 57-53 just one more big shot and lets put this away. We come out and then Diallo shoots the 3 and to me that is the last person to shoot the 3 and further he made a couple oft turnovers. This game was the one to come out of the timeout and with 7 minutes to go in game put Auburn away and beat #8 team and we jump big time in the rankings and RPI with that win. A&M beat Auburn on the road there RPI went from #32 to #20 that night. They went up +12 with the win on the road against #8 team Auburn. It was right there in Kentucky's hands to extent the lead and put it away and what a huge win that would have been heading into last 5 games. That would be the turnaround game tonight to play a solid 40 minutes against a Top 10 team. Why give it to Diallo to shoot the 3 and then the Turnovers that Diallo had tonight was the killer for UK.

I am still waiting on the Lineup of SGA, Green, Knox, Vanderbilt, and Gabriel or Richards which ever underneath and have the other come off the bench. I also believe before Green came up with the back injury and was out 2 weeks he was our PG before that and doing a good job. I don't know why Cal doesn't go back to Green at PG, SGA at SG, Knox, Vanderbilt, Gabriel or Richards underneath. Then have Gabriel or Richards that doesn't start off the bench with SKJ, Diallo(if you need to give someone a break), and PJ coming off the bench. I would try these couple of changes and see what happens but start with a change at the lineup and bring Green back to PG and SGA playing the SG. We didn't have a bad game tonight until when leading 57-53 and a chance to go up 7 on the 3 pointer and then put the game away the remaining 6 or 7 minutes. We have to keep Diallo on the Bench right now or bring him in off the bench to give a break to one or if someone gets in foul trouble. Diallo is playing horrible and there is no excuse in the turnovers tonight from him. I know other players made turnovers like PJ and SGA but at the most horrible time Diallo makes his turnover. Cal is going to have to keep on the bench for now while he is in this huge slump!

Reactions: anon_9qtxg60vqzy0y
Hami couldve made that one plus one more, wouldnt have mattered. The team folded and Auburn went for the jugular. You could see it on both teams faces plain as day. Men vs boys.

Reactions: brianpoe
Hami couldve made that one plus one more, wouldnt have mattered. The team folded and Auburn went for the jugular. You could see it on both teams faces plain as day. Men vs boys.

This... no heart. Mentally weak group.

We flex like grown men, play defense like Peewee Herman.

dKSI9flWIuh73bxB3m35M_8Xxc_BrksmWz0d0Q9-j3syCIM4Aqu2pqcOsbws9Hj8qbVWSGVj8wZA5g7TIkO40DyanqiDZeUDNqsOmPKCF-Ocwiz7u_lt_VcS0KVzP5nUY-OL_SnxrjFPUhv4_pRXBDyJDNmZa3YxJbhfkhiX6QONUIvyRp_92pXe1cOQzJcfbB0ioVc0POwZvz2mehQGDk3a-jc_s3C7agfXa9iNQ0RHfBzsuXkwo87k8Mj2ZSpS-DBkLob-h3-BuvqF_PzKpQvW_XEqZAVFQ4-xA_Mo5RLGJSKCLEz8zxk_3oDCc0VqWjbfJJMYnYB_G1MDntQVbVvpnNOa5_jBRgyhtsLfaoiejUrV1jFLjp4h-34jTYOp-fgAPkoXifj6EoSXAWrwPNm19t2Eb8BfVaR2_g2-KoU2WxMjNzitJi6P8Gzny57oge2ygmzxlj4y-dH7pn_RR9gWFAobIfZnq-ndKyub9oLRULPTC6llrSi3VquEkzucvnpB2NNIlF3jxLDqP7c1k19aTJh2q2WZgYXUBwM4rTFTNNlA4cFSWrXYjKeTW6HrvVM9QynqIjqT5MJc9y0oVRbgvXDYC_B6KnVhObs=w362-h241-no

Yes, KyfaninNC. You are so on target with that question. Here is a guy who has shot poorly, has been out for much of the game, comes in and takes that shot. The percentages of him making it were low. So, some fans feel like well it rolled around and could of or almost went in, so it was the right shot to take. NOPE. Not by him and at that critical stage. Take a look at Brown's shooting, very smooth, light touch, and mainly either right though the basket with no rim, or off target, rather than those who shoot too hard and likely to bounce on or off the rim.

But he didn’t make the shot. And he never makes that shot. He shouldn’t be in the game and someone else should have been the one taking it.

This is what upsets me because the 1st thing I was going to write is that I am sick of hearing we are going to NIT. We are not going to NIT lets wait and see what happens in next 5 games. Florida gets beat at home again by Georgia and I think we match well with them and I think we match well with Arkansas. We start with a strong game at home Saturday vs. Bama. I know all the trolls and so called fans are saying you just have your blinders or most remarks I have been receiving all night. We just need to have that one game like in the VT when we hit 12 threes and was shooting well back then but not good defense. Play outstanding ball like we did vs. UL and WVU. I will feel sorry for the team once we starting knocking down some 3's and we play smarter ball and that has to come Saturday vs. Bama. Then go on the road and beat Arkansas and come home for 2 games and win those 2 games and head to Gainesville on a 4 game winning streak and beat UF. Then continue in the SEC Tournament. I know we probably wont make the deep run in the Tourney but these Trolls are driving me crazy currently saying NIT. Talk to me about that after these 5 games coming up with 3 at home and 2 we can win the road.

I thought tonight we had turnover at the 8 and under timeout and leading 57-53 just one more big shot and lets put this away. We come out and then Diallo shoots the 3 and to me that is the last person to shoot the 3 and further he made a couple oft turnovers. This game was the one to come out of the timeout and with 7 minutes to go in game put Auburn away and beat #8 team and we jump big time in the rankings and RPI with that win. A&M beat Auburn on the road there RPI went from #32 to #20 that night. They went up +12 with the win on the road against #8 team Auburn. It was right there in Kentucky's hands to extent the lead and put it away and what a huge win that would have been heading into last 5 games. That would be the turnaround game tonight to play a solid 40 minutes against a Top 10 team. Why give it to Diallo to shoot the 3 and then the Turnovers that Diallo had tonight was the killer for UK.

I am still waiting on the Lineup of SGA, Green, Knox, Vanderbilt, and Gabriel or Richards which ever underneath and have the other come off the bench. I also believe before Green came up with the back injury and was out 2 weeks he was our PG before that and doing a good job. I don't know why Cal doesn't go back to Green at PG, SGA at SG, Knox, Vanderbilt, Gabriel or Richards underneath. Then have Gabriel or Richards that doesn't start off the bench with SKJ, Diallo(if you need to give someone a break), and PJ coming off the bench. I would try these couple of changes and see what happens but start with a change at the lineup and bring Green back to PG and SGA playing the SG. We didn't have a bad game tonight until when leading 57-53 and a chance to go up 7 on the 3 pointer and then put the game away the remaining 6 or 7 minutes. We have to keep Diallo on the Bench right now or bring him in off the bench to give a break to one or if someone gets in foul trouble. Diallo is playing horrible and there is no excuse in the turnovers tonight from him. I know other players made turnovers like PJ and SGA but at the most horrible time Diallo makes his turnover. Cal is going to have to keep on the bench for now while he is in this huge slump!

Pump it Dave . pump it . Like doing CPR on a corpse.

The bigger question is this. Why was Diallo even taking that shot?
Exactly — bottom line is Diallomisses another jump shot and follows it up with another turnover and its momentum killer and game over for this young team!!

I was begging all the game ATTACK . We have very few shooters on this team. We need to drive and attack the rim but our balling handling and passing is bad. There are a lot of things on this team that needs fixing but i think it is to late for this year.

Reactions: Jazzycat
I would have said for Hami to attack too, except he doesn't make his foul shots reliably either. How hard is it to practice foul shots?

I read on another thread questions about whether Cal gets players to improve. I think the question is what effort do some of our players make to improve. PJ clearly worked on his foul shooting from the beginning of the year. He isn't great but his form shows practice. What about others?

Reactions: westerncat
I swear to God.. I see that we're up 57 to 53, I ask my girl if I can watch just a bit of the game, even though it's Valentines Day. The second I put it on, Kentucky does 2-3 horrible turnovers and fouls every time on the other end of the floor.

I watched as they gave the game away. However.. I'm still very impressed that these Freshman are able to hang with a top10 team at their home.

They are getting there. Even the TAMU game, they had a great half. Just gotta tighten the screws little by little. I kinda feel ok where we are.

I swear to God.. I see that we're up 57 to 53, I ask my girl if I can watch just a bit of the game, even though it's Valentines Day. The second I put it on, Kentucky does 2-3 horrible turnovers and fouls every time on the other end of the floor.

I watched as they gave the game away. However.. I'm still very impressed that these Freshman are able to hang with a top10 team at their home.

They are getting there. Even the TAMU game, they had a great half. Just gotta tighten the screws little by little. I kinda feel ok where we are.

So, it's your fault.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
It's been a bad year for me.. Barely able to watch games on the weekends.. and a few others I tune in just in time for them to give the game away.

I'm starting to feel like this guy, Please don't lock me out..

TheRock_026Pyxurz.jpg

That was the turning point. After that the wheels spun off. I said that as soon as Auburn went down and scored immediately thereafter.

We may have played 1 post-cupcake game where I felt a lead was safe. If we had gotten a 7 point lead you'd have seen a spate of away from the ball fouls and "travels".

You had to ask to watch just a bit of the UK game?

Reactions: thack_kat
Also, we were watching House Hunters International.. and it was this dumb-ass couple who was moving from their giant N.C. Mansion to live in some super expensive apartment in Spain so their daughters could learn Spanish better.. I couldn't deal with that f**kery any longer.

Ha, this is all new to me. Have to settle down at some point. But so far she's been good. I sat on the couch in silence for a few minutes, brooding, after the loss last night.

But she is not a basketball fan.. at all. I don't see that changing. Girly girl to the max.

The bigger question is this. Why was Diallo even taking that shot?
To be sure there were better options in that situation but to be fair Diallo hit a similar shot against LSU (I think) to put that game away for us. This team seems to have very little understanding of basketball in terms of time,score and situation.When the other team is struggling(Auburn started 1-10) we can't or won't take advantage of the opportunity we have to build a working lead or in this case recognize a key possession and give ourselves the best chance possible to make good use of it.

doc you are on target although we still somehow got a lead in the second half. I kept saying, score, they are handing us every opportunity in the first half to really get a big lead. Instead, how many times did we not even get a shot off.

Hami wasn't going to make that shot because the kid crumbles under pressure. He's just not a good basketball player, at all.

You completely lost me at "ask my girl"

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
ADVERTISEMENT