ADVERTISEMENT

The concern no one discusses

Wildcats1st

All-American
Sep 16, 2017
We drop a couple more in the next couple of weeks and maybe have a shut down due to the virus and Boston or Clarke maybe both opt out for the remainder of the season. When cal says unpack your bags that’s concerning. It means he sees players whose hearts aren’t in it. Maybe they’re not commuted. Theoretically there is nothing from stopping these guys from quitting right now and going to the gleague super team or whatever. If these guys feel like style of play and lack of pg hurt their draft stick they might go. Neither are close to home and I wouldn’t be surprised if it happened.

We drop a couple more in the next couple of weeks and maybe have a shut down due to the virus and Boston or Clarke maybe both opt out for the remainder of the season. When cal says unpack your bags that’s concerning. It means he sees players whose hearts aren’t in it. Maybe they’re not commuted. Theoretically there is nothing from stopping these guys from quitting right now and going to the gleague super team or whatever. If these guys feel like style of play and lack of pg hurt their draft stick they might go. Neither are close to home and I wouldn’t be surprised if it happened.

Waste of time to worry about, but a thread like this doesn’t surprise me coming from you. PS, no, his words don’t mean their hearts aren’t in it. Stop trying to present that as a fact.

Last edited:
Waste of time to worry about, but a thread like this doesn’t surprise me coming from you. PS, no, his words don’t mean their hearts aren’t in it Stop trying to present that as a fact.

Blah blah blah did you watch his presser for context? He was answering a question about these guys looking ahead to the draft. So yeah that’s basically what he was saying. Are you Joel justus btw?

Reactions: ABlockalypseBrow

Or Rupp’s roof could collapse.

Or a meteor could strike Lexington.

Or there could be a pandemic.

Or aliens could invade.

Did you catch your wife or girlfriend in bed with Cal?

Or aliens could invade.

He loves to start polarizing threads or make wild comments in other forums as well. He seems to get out of bed each day, organize his stink bombs, grab his lunch box and head out for a day's work.

Last edited:

Or aliens could invade.

Aliens.jpg

A Comet may crash into the Earth tomorrow, but why bring it up for discussion with no evidence. Are you half of the glass is empty kind of person?

Reactions: BassProCat
A Comet may crash into the Earth tomorrow, but why bring it up for discussion with no evidence. Are you half of the glass is empty kind of person?

Well it’s already happened twice in 3 years. Basically Vanderbilt shut it down and Whitney last year. Not to mention it’s become prevalent in college fb and even with our own wildcat football team. So there is plenty of evidence for you. You even have our own fb coach basically saying he may opt out of a bowl. It’s not some hair brained thing I concocted on my own it’s happened and it’s happening all through out college sports. Btw throw in this years newest nba effort to steal college players and the fact Clarke flirted with it: come on dude it’s not a half empty view it’s what’s happening and happened already. Wake up

Or aliens could invade.

Question. If Rupps roof did collapse should we hire the rooferee to fix it ? We might get some calls if he’s assigned to one our games in the future.

Clarke won't get the amount offered first, especially if they have watched the first 3 games.

no BUT he may feel like it’s a better medium to showcase his skills because right now he looks like a poor mans rhoderick Rhodes. This isn’t a normal season fellas and the second these guys think not having a pg is going to hurt them they will turn to unconventional methods to protect draft stock I promise you: neither Boston or Clarke will finish the season if it appears a month in that they struggle. It’s already happened all across fall sports. It’s gonna happen in college basketball too

no BUT he may feel like it’s a better medium to showcase his skills because right now he looks like a poor mans rhoderick Rhodes. This isn’t a normal season fellas and the second these guys think not having a pg is going to hurt them they will turn to unconventional methods to protect draft stock I promise you: neither Boston or Clarke will finish the season if it appears a month in that they struggle. It’s already happened all across fall sports. It’s gonna happen in college basketball too
Oh no!! Please God, no! (wringing of hands, gnashing of teeth)

How about you and your trolling negativity just go away.

Reactions: Baller Cal
I remember a team that had mass defections and lots of off court distractions. All the star players jumped ship and left a rag tag group of Home Grown boys to hold down the fort. As I remember, they were 2 seconds away from an unimaginable goal. Still a heartbreak moment to me. So if the 'stars' want to move on, I'm ok with that. Somebody who really wants to play and wear the blue will step up. I just hope our coach today is up to it like Pitino was at that time.

Reactions: dezyDeco
I've said half a dozen times.. I was a little surprised guys like BJ and Clarke didn't follow some others in this class and head to the G-League. They were exactly the the G-League was targeting, because at the time, theywere NBA-Ready scoring wings.

.. but let's be real, if any games are shutdown.. the season is a total mess and likely a wash.. are we really that concerned with if we win games when we don't even know when those games are, or if there's a tournament? At that point, what does this season matter?

Then again, I wouldn't put it past some on this board to blame Cal for not winning a game that was cancelled. I can absolutely see that coming. "CAL ONLY WON 10 GAMES THIS YEAR!" " .. well, yeah.. 15 games were cancelled."

Reactions: ganner918
That being said.. if BJ and Clarke WERE to ever shut it down because they aren't doing well and prepare for the draft.. Then Cal needs to go ahead and disregard any top15 players from here on out. They would simply not be worth the risk.

Reactions: Woodrow_Call_1998
I hope that we don’t have any opt outs but it is a possibility. We have a lot of people on here that don’t remember Cals teams prior to being at Kentucky. He can win ball games without one and done players. He’s got two assistants that were with him during his Umass years on the staff as well. I personally wish he would recruit more of a mixture of one and done and talented kids that aren’t higher ranked due to various reasons. Cals UMass teams and Memphis teams were always tough, veteran led teams. I wish he would go back to building rosters like that. I know most of the young posters on here will cry “he wouldn’t be taking the most talented players”, but it’s a proven fact you don’t have to be a five star player to be a good college player or pro.

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
Sounds like wishful thinking on your part. Just to add to your gloomy thoughts and hopes. Maybe ,,,, Murder Hornets build a nest in the Rupp Rafters.

Reactions: STL_Cat
If they had both started the season like a house on fire, I might agree. With the way they have played, they are going to have to play the rest of the season to get their stock back up.

Really no reason to be concerned over something that IMO has a very little chance of happening.

Plus we have other things to be worried about like our inability to shoot the basketball and the inability to take care of the ball.

I think it’s unlikely but we have other guards that can play and the big guys are clearly the strength of our team anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT