ADVERTISEMENT

The complete number of times that a division 1 kicker has missed short on a 43 yar field goal

We have the internet so please show me 1 time that a 43 yard field goal has missed short. I don't expect to hear from you on this.
I assume you can go to YouTube and find all of the short field goals you want in the college game. To act like a 43 yard fg has never been short in a college game is one of the most moronic things ever posted here.

You would think that the professionals, who are the best of the best, wouldn't miss....

We have the internet so please show me 1 time that a 43 yard field goal has missed short. I don't expect to hear from you on this.

You have the same internet show where it hasn’t happened.

Some people are REALLY slow in this thread. It's almost comical. Yes, kickers miss 43-yard field goals. They are wide left, wide right or blocked. They don't miss them SHORT. Don't know how to spell it out anymore clearly than that. If you don't have the leg to kick a 43-yard field goal, you have no business on a D-1 college football field.

Some people are REALLY slow in this thread. It's almost comical. Yes, kickers miss 43-yard field goals. They are wide left, wide right or blocked. They don't miss them SHORT. Don't know how to spell it out anymore clearly than that. If you don't have the leg to kick a 43-yard field goal, you have no business on a D-1 college football field.
Just to clarify, you meant as a PK, right? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ummmm we are talking missing it short......
I agree, but some of those kick, by professionals, were absolutely terrible. At least our missed 43 yarder last night was straight. A few inches and none of us would have this conversation.

The kick wasn't the problem. UK was never going to win that game in overtime. At 14-13 UK should have gone for two. All they had to do was execute one two point conversion to put that game in the hands of our D.

They would have thrown the ball 3 yards in the backfield on a soft pass and tackled for a 2 yard loss. I thought of that but no way you do it the way Gran calls plays. The guy is bizarre.

The kicker missed a 43 yarder SHORT. that's not good considering tight SEC football comes down to kickers. We will need to score through the air to win the remaining games. Teams know what to do now.

We have no quarterback and no kicker. If we win 10 this year it's 100% defense that's going to do it

We were exposed in two areas of SEC football last night. You need both to compete for the east.

Hard to believe this is the only kicker we could find out of about 10 million people to choose from. I know of two high school kickers in the west tn area that would eat him alive. It's not good to miss a 40ish yard field goal short. He has no leg. I can hit a 35 yarder with ease. Well, I could when I last tried. Used to have fun with it when I was coaching.

They would have thrown the ball 3 yards in the backfield on a soft pass and tackled for a 2 yard loss. I thought of that but no way you do it the way Gran calls plays. The guy is bizarre.

The kicker missed a 43 yarder SHORT. that's not good considering tight SEC football comes down to kickers. We will need to score through the air to win the remaining games. Teams know what to do now.

We have no quarterback and no kicker. If we win 10 this year it's 100% defense that's going to do it

We were exposed in two areas of SEC football last night. You need both to compete for the east.

Hard to believe this is the only kicker we could find out of about 10 million people to choose from. I know of two high school kickers in the west tn area that would eat him alive. It's not good to miss a 40ish yard field goal short. He has no leg. I can hit a 35 yarder with ease. Well, I could when I last tried. Used to have fun with it when I was coaching.

Well, I guess you would have missed it too.

Yes—Timely Use of all legal plays and techniques (including cut blocking) is good strategy.
100%. How else could you explain how the military schools have had any of the amount of success they've had.

It's totally legal...what's funny is some saying it's horrible are the same saying "targeting type rules" and the like are "sissifying" the 'manly-sport of their youth.'

More than you'd think. I don't trust 80 percent of college kickers outside of 30 yards.

Okay Name one of those thousands because I haven't.
I think we'd have to go back to the Tommy Griggs days at UK. He missed a 42 yard FG against Georgia in 1978 that would've put UK ahead late in the game. As I recall, it was short and hooked to the right. Anyone else remember that game?

ADVERTISEMENT