ADVERTISEMENT

The Cheats go down

Did not get to see that but i like many of you sure am glad to see them get beat.

I don't say 'Hook Em Horns' that often, but today is one of those days 🤘
Kind of funny that Texas was nearly beaten by a Davidson team picked to be a middle of the road Atlantic 10 team the first day of that tournament, but then blew out Indiana the next day and beat the cheats the next day to win it. And yes, I understand the different games/different days type of stuff, just pointing it out.

Maybe the bluebloods need a shake up.. 5 losses amongst the 4 of us.. and UCLA has like, 2 also, I believe.

Last year, kinda the same.. Duke Kentucky and UNC all not looking great early on. Kansas had an early loss or two.

I wonder if its not the bluebloods specifically, and more of a changing in the way the sport is played and conducted. Pro emphasis, coaches and players option to go down easier paths, etc.

Reactions: RunninRichie
UCLA has like, 2 also, I believe.

UCLA only has one, but they're fortunate not to have two. They needed triple overtime to beat Pepperdine after losing their opener to San Diego State. There is some change around college basketball. You've got some of these 5 star guys going pro. UCLA lost a couple the last two years with LaMelo a year ago and Daishen Nix this year. R.J. Hampton joined LaMelo last year going overseas and then this year, guys like Jalen Green and Jonathan Kuminga did the same. Then you have some weird commitments (Anthony Edwards to Georgia, Makur Makur to Howard) and some family/other connections going on (Wiseman/Penny at Memphis, Cade Cunningham's brother is an assistant at Oklahoma State, Josh Christopher has a brother playing for Arizona State, Evan Mobley has a brother at USC) and some just don't live up to the hype (Khalil Whitney/EJ Montgomery here, Cole Anthony at UNC, Matthew Hurt to an extent at Duke last year). And Ziaire Williams was a top 10 prospect who I believe chose Stanford over UNC because academics were big for him. Kind of a perfect storm of sorts.

Unc is a program I can’t see lose enough! I wish they would lose every game by 1000 , and then be punished by the NCAA for sucking and cheating.
I will ditto this, and I would also throw duke and kansas in this same boat. The ncaa will not do anything to any of those schools because they bring in to much money. Now if Montana State, Morehead, Southern Illinois, or Evansville were to make to many recruiting visits, or one of these coaches would buy a plane ticket for one of their players' to go see their sick mother, the ncaa would burn them and slap them on probation. You can just look at duke. Chris Duhon's mother who could barely read was given a high paying job at the university. The bankrumpt. Bagley's moving into a million dollar home. Boozer's dad who was a Security guard in Alaska, was given a high tech, high paying job by a big time duke booster. Oh and I almost forgot the million dollar home that Williamson's moved into. I almost forgot them because williamson led the greatest team in the history of college basketball to a loss to Gonzaga, and not even making the final four. The coach that was at Tennessee was banned from coaching for changing a players grade when he was at Southern Mississippi. I just wonder how many grades john thompson had to change to get those players elligable on those patrick ewing teams, but Georgetown was in the same no touch league as Duke, Kansas, UCLA, and Kansas. Can you tell that I dislike the ncaa's double standard ? They are all about how many bucks they can bring in and have nothing to do with fairly enforcing their rules.

I will ditto this, and I would also throw duke and kansas in this same boat. The ncaa will not do anything to any of those schools because they bring in to much money. Now if Montana State, Morehead, Southern Illinois, or Evansville were to make to many recruiting visits, or one of these coaches would buy a plane ticket for one of their players' to go see their sick mother, the ncaa would burn them and slap them on probation. You can just look at duke. Chris Duhon's mother who could barely read was given a high paying job at the university. The bankrumpt. Bagley's moving into a million dollar home. Boozer's dad who was a Security guard in Alaska, was given a high tech, high paying job by a big time duke booster. Oh and I almost forgot the million dollar home that Williamson's moved into. I almost forgot them because williamson led the greatest team in the history of college basketball to a loss to Gonzaga, and not even making the final four. The coach that was at Tennessee was banned from coaching for changing a players grade when he was at Southern Mississippi. I just wonder how many grades john thompson had to change to get those players elligable on those patrick ewing teams, but Georgetown was in the same no touch league as Duke, Kansas, UCLA, and Kansas. Can you tell that I dislike the ncaa's double standard ? They are all about how many bucks they can bring in and have nothing to do with fairly enforcing their rules.

So with ALL of this blatant cheating, all the help that Duke Kansas and UNC get, which I 100% agree with you, by the way..

Is it possible that a school like Kentucky, where Cal is hated, suffers because of it?

Let's go through it:

• 2017 year is a Final Four if not for the massive screwing by John Higgins.
  • Kansas two days ago, 8 straight fouls to even out the game.
  • 2010 @ UNC, we foul out FOUR guys in REGULATION. No chance to win that game.
  • 2016 Kansas game - Again we foul out FOUR guys, +13 fouls.
  • Duke 2018 - playing Zion who should have been ineligible.

This isn't even including other teams, like the 2015 shot clock violation against Wisconsin, the 2018 lsu goal tend, the 2014 The Uconn flop, the 2016 TA&M spike ball.. All resulted in 4 absolutely crushing losses, late in the game, that basically decided the outcome..

Sure, Kentucky gets some games were calls go our way.. There's a few SEC games we eeked out by some calls.. but I challenge everyone to do a 10-year review and not walk away thinking "Wow, we've been hosed quite a few times"

You talk about this double standard, but then you blame ALL of Kentucky's recent woes on Calipari and no one else but Calipari. Can we maybe say that part of our losses come at the hands of this double standard? Because I 100% believe it.

When you help schools like Kansas, UNC and Duke.. you inevitebly hinder their rivals, who plays these schools fairly often.. and that rival is Kentucky.

Poor ole Roy. The game has clearly passed him by, and he's too stubborn to change. He should turn the offense over to his assistant coaches. Except that they are pretty worthless.

Who would you like to see take over if he leaves at the end of the season?
Actually, Ole Roy had a far worse stretch between 1997 and 2002 -- not one appearance past the Sweet 16 despite having a couple of #1 overall teams. That's a lot worse than the 2016-2020 stretch that people are using to try to push out Calipari. I guess UNC-Cheat fans are glad he wasn't prematurely retired nearly 20 years ago.

I outlined 9 very very blatant cheating instances by the NCAA and officials.. you give me just HALF of those back. **** it, give me 4 of the 9...

..and Kentucky's tournaments look a whole lot different. We get several higher seeds. Could be two more Final 4's. Might even be another title. THAT'S what should infuriate Kentucky fans..

Reactions: EliteBlue
DITTO. Unfortunately truth is, the state of Kentucky and UK are thought of around the country as uneducated country bumpkins from the mountains, no matter where you live in this state. There has always been a bias, look how they've treated Coach Rupp, Joe B., the length of the investigation and probation over the money that fell out of a sealed express envelope, never heard of that happening since. Casey won a significant lawsuit but the NCAA and media had their way. Remember the sports Illustrated rag, I 'll never forget the front of that issue, never bought one since. The North East media has mostly been favorable toward Pitino but they've never been close to fair to Cal. There's a completely different perception and respect the further South and Southwest of our University and State.

Reactions: EliteBlue
Maybe the bluebloods need a shake up.. 5 losses amongst the 4 of us.. and UCLA has like, 2 also, I believe.

Last year, kinda the same.. Duke Kentucky and UNC all not looking great early on. Kansas had an early loss or two.

I wonder if its not the bluebloods specifically, and more of a changing in the way the sport is played and conducted. Pro emphasis, coaches and players option to go down easier paths, etc.

It’s simpler: winning is just damn hard to do. Esp in a sport like college basketball with the turnover and only 5 spots on the court, where one great player (Obi Toppin types) washes away disparities. College football requires 22 starters so it’s way easier to continue dominance.

Blue Blood fans shouldn’t ask “Why is this harder than we though?” They should ask “How have we done it for this long?”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT