ADVERTISEMENT

The Cats next recruiting class 2019

Jul 23, 2002
Who do you think the cats have a good shot at getting. I know Wiseman is one of the players high on the list.

Haven’t you read, butters? All the top players are in a duke text chat. They are about to land the best recruiting class ever.

Duke may not indeed get all of them but it is more than hearsay that there are several of the top ten are in that text chat circle. All the sarcasm and cynicism towards Duke and K aren't chasing away top talent; at least not yet. Cal has amped up his game to even a higher level and one can tell that he took last years rejections of Barrett and Williamson personally. We will get our share of top 5 talent but right now, K is still ahead by a nostril hair, hopefully just momentarily.

Duke may not indeed get all of them but it is more than hearsay that there are several of the top ten are in that text chat circle. All the sarcasm and cynicism towards Duke and K aren't chasing away top talent; at least not yet. Cal has amped up his game to even a higher level and one can tell that he took last years rejections of Barrett and Williamson personally. We will get our share of top 5 talent but right now, K is still ahead by a nostril hair, hopefully just momentarily.
I wonder if they even named the group “future blue devils” for all we know they all talk about going to Kentucky

This is how I feel about Duke's recent recruiting prowess: :boxing:
This is how I feel about K now embracing Cal's recruiting approach: [laughing]
This is how I feel about the media praising K for this approach after raking Cal over the coals for the same thing: :uzi:
If I'm being honest about K's recent recruiting success, I'll give him some credit: :clap:
What I want to do to the one Duke fan I know: :gun: But I'm afraid someone will call :cop:
How I HOPE I'll feel next year after the recruiting race plays out: [cheers]
If Duke tops us again: [sick]
Until then, I'll remain: :pimp:

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
This is how I feel about Duke's recent recruiting prowess: :boxing:
This is how I feel about K now embracing Cal's recruiting approach: [laughing]
This is how I feel about the media praising K for this approach after raking Cal over the coals for the same thing: :uzi:
If I'm being honest about K's recent recruiting success, I'll give him some credit: :clap:
What I want to do to the one Duke fan I know: :gun: But I'm afraid someone will call :cop:
How I HOPE I'll feel next year after the recruiting race plays out: [cheers]
If Duke tops us again: [sick]
Until then, I'll remain: :pimp:
This is how I feel after reading your post: [roll]

I wonder if they even named the group “future blue devils” for all we know they all talk about going to Kentucky

All I know is what I've heard twice with my own ears. Fran Frascilla and another guy who was calling one of Carey's games this winter. On two different occasions these separate men stated about a group of guys talking about going to Duke together. I'm not privy to what the kids say or don't say just sharing what I heard from TV. Named Cole Anthony and Carey specifically along with Antoine I believe.

All I know is what I've heard twice with my own ears. Fran Frascilla and another guy who was calling one of Carey's games this winter. On two different occasions these separate men stated about a group of guys talking about going to Duke together. I'm not privy to what the kids say or don't say just sharing what I heard from TV. Named Cole Anthony and Carey specifically along with Antoine I believe.
Personally, I like our chances with Carey. If we don't get him, that's fine. I believe Wiseman is a damn near lock. I think Antoine's HS teammate is the better player of the two. That kid can flat out ball. I think we're still in the mix for him.

ESPN will be in funeral mode.

I don't think so. Dean Smith was Kbefore K was. UNC was the premier program in the eyes of the media even though Dean had only 2 titles and they were absolutely gift wrapped. Hi Fred Brown and Chris Webber. As soon as he retired there was no mourning. That mantle was immediately passed onto K. Pitino at UK store a little thunder for a few years, Cal has certainly made him sweat, but the King still has his main line media Court. They are to college basketball what deep state is to the Republican Party. They will pass it on the day he leaves but I doubt Cal gets it. I also don't think Cal needs it. He's done just fine on his own letting the myriad of NBA contracts speak for themselves.

Personally, I like our chances with Carey. If we don't get him, that's fine. I believe Wiseman is a damn near lock. I think Antoine's HS teammate is the better player of the two. That kid can flat out ball. I think we're still in the mix for him.

I'm not implying or saying at all that we don't get Carey. I don't have the foggiest idea where he's going. I simply stated that he was/is part of the chat group that talked about going to Duke. Doesn't mean he's going and it doesn't mean he isn't going to IK. Cal had not recruited him that strongly at that time or at least it hadn't been reported until this spring. I can see Cal convincing him and Wiseman to play together. I'm certainly hoping that becomes the scenario.

I don't think so. Dean Smith was Kbefore K was. UNC was the premier program in the eyes of the media even though Dean had only 2 titles and they were absolutely gift wrapped. Hi Fred Brown and Chris Webber. As soon as he retired there was no mourning. That mantle was immediately passed onto K. Pitino at UK store a little thunder for a few years, Cal has certainly made him sweat, but the King still has his main line media Court. They are to college basketball what deep state is to the Republican Party. They will pass it on the day he leaves but I doubt Cal gets it. I also don't think Cal needs it. He's done just fine on his own letting the myriad of NBA contracts speak for themselves.
I've thought of this also. Hate to say it, but you just may be right.

I'm not implying or saying at all that we don't get Carey. I don't have the foggiest idea where he's going. I simply stated that he was/is part of the chat group that talked about going to Duke. Doesn't mean he's going and it doesn't mean he isn't going to IK. Cal had not recruited him that strongly at that time or at least it hadn't been reported until this spring. I can see Cal convincing him and Wiseman to play together. I'm certainly hoping that becomes the scenario.
I knew you weren't, bud. I was just saying.

If Jay Wright could keep nova going he is my pick for next media darling. Catholic school, media hub, dapper looking dude. Hes the one.

ADVERTISEMENT