ADVERTISEMENT

The bowl game or the BB game ?

JoeBeeHall

All-SEC
Nov 17, 2013
Guess the attendance for the basketball game on the 29th .
It is the same day as the bowl game, so it seems that unless you are wealthy both games are out .
Which will you attend ?
Closest without going over will win first prize. An all expense paid tour of the inside of their dwelling. With an all you can eat open fridge provided by occupent.
2nd prize. A free days stay outside in a yard .
3rd prize. A dream about carp fishing with Joe B and Denny C .
taxes and incidentals to be paid for by winners .

Last edited:
I won't be going to either, since both are 500 miles away. But if both were an option, it's an easy choice (basketball game).

Basketball game - 23,919
Football game - 36,782

Basketball: 24,075
Football: 41,200

Expecting a full crowd at Rupp, first legit home game of the year (not counting VT).

It is the same day as the bowl game, so it seems that unless you are wealthy both games are out .
Which will you attend ?
Closest without going over will win first prize. An all expense paid tour of the inside of their dwelling. With an all you can eat open fridge provided by occupent.
Will be at bowl game...dvr basketball

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
That bowl game is worthless.
Which will you attend ?
24K at rupp..30k in Catville

I think a lot of Kentucky fans are disappointed with how the football season ended. We will never have that easy of a schedule again, but we lost 2 games we had no business losing and then got blown out by our rival. My guess is the attendance at the football game will be below what is expected.

On the other hand, even with attendance down lately, Rupp will be packed and rocking for our scandalous little brother.

You can get a really good lower level seat to MCB, right now, for less than $80.

You can get into Rupp (we all know the upper level seating is crummy), for $131.

I don’t know the time schedules for both games but if they are on TV at the same time I will 100% be watching the basketball game.

Reactions: KFuqua
I will be in Rupp at the basketball game (season tickets and live in Lexington so no brainer for me)

24,112 @ basketball game
38,243 @ football game

You can get a really good lower level seat to MCB, right now, for less than $80.

You can get into Rupp (we all know the upper level seating is crummy), for $131.
You would have to pay me $131.00 to sit in those awful bleachers.

It's way past time that a program of this stature install actual seats.

Rip the bleachers out and just do it. I understand the seating capacity would shrink to around 22,000, but we're not selling out much because people don't want to sit on hard, backless bleachers. And for God's sake, lower those terrible seats to basically nothing. Charge $10 for the worst seats and get asses in them. Adjust with the times Barnhardt.

Last edited:

Rip the bleachers out and just do it. I understand the seating capacity would shrink to around 22,000, but we're not selling out much because people don't want to sit on hard, backless bleachers. And for God's sake, lower those terrible seats to basically nothing. Charge $10 for the worst seats and get asses in them. Adjust with the times Barnhardt.
Excellent ideas. Attendance is down and may never return. The upper deck should be all chair seats and the bleachers donated to some high school. A fan friendly arena might have more people paying to get in

Reactions: JoeBeeHall

It makes you not want to go unless its a marquee game.

How many marquee games do we play at Rupp each year?

I've been to games at UGA, SC, and LSU in the last decade, and was perfectly comfortable at each venue. Not Rupp.

Last edited:
While I enjoy the Football, we are and have been noted for a long, long time as the premier basketball school. I have been a UK basketball fan since 1963 never have given much thought to the football team.

Given the choice I think 90% of the fan base would be going to the BBall game

I think some of you on here are highly under-estimating what the crowd will look like in Nashville. Yes, the football team sucked it up their last two games, but the option to spend a day in Nashville where you can go to a bar to see UK/UL and then walk to the stadium to watch the Cats vs Northwestern will bring in a huge crowd, especially from the western part of the state. Nashville will be as much of a draw as the game itself.

Basketball game- 23,107
Football game- 37,426

Why Ike, what ever do you mean? That's no spelling bee....that is calculus. Stick with what you're good at Ike, not bathing and looking like a slob... [laughing]

I wonder if would be possible to attend both ?
The BB game starts at 1 should be over by around 3 .
The bowl game starts at 4:30 so if a person had a helicopter could they still make kickoff?

Last edited:
I think some of you on here are highly under-estimating what the crowd will look like in Nashville. Yes, the football team sucked it up their last two games, but the option to spend a day in Nashville where you can go to a bar to see UK/UL and then walk to the stadium to watch the Cats vs Northwestern will bring in a huge crowd, especially from the western part of the state. Nashville will be as much of a draw as the game itself.

Yes, all that sounds very appealing. *sarcasm*

Yes, all that sounds very appealing. *sarcasm*

Appealing enough that my wife and I are making the trip for a few days and some family/friends are doing the same. If watching the UK/UL game in a bar surrounded by UK fans before going to watch UK in a bowl game doesn't sound exciting to you, how excited do you really get to watch UK games? Or is it more you just don't like watching the football games live?

Appealing enough that my wife and I are making the trip for a few days and some family/friends are doing the same. If watching the UK/UL game in a bar surrounded by UK fans before going to watch UK in a bowl game doesn't sound exciting to you, how excited do you really get to watch UK games? Or is it more you just don't like watching the football games live?

Bars have never appealed to me. At all.

And Nashville in December doesn't appeal to me either.

Bowl games are exhibitions. (If you don't believe me, ask the kids who skip them).

I will, however, enjoy the New Year's games, because they mean something.

Which will you attend ?
I will be at the basketball game...the ONLY sport that matters at UK

Bars have never appealed to me. At all.

And Nashville in December doesn't appeal to me either.

Bowl games are exhibitions. (If you don't believe me, ask the kids who skip them).

I will, however, enjoy the New Year's games, because they mean something.
Totally understand about bars and the fact that this is nothing more than an exhibition game. And I can't wait for the New Years day games and will be posted up in my living room for those. Cheers!

Reactions: UKUGA
Been to Nashville multiple times its alright. And I hate going to Nashville bars, way to crowded for me. Northwestern is probably the worst team we've played in the MCB tho

I’m flying in and wqs planning on going to thr BBall game, but we are switching to the football game. Football is better to watch, closer to bowling green and cheeper.

Live too far away for either. I would choose the bowl game if I was going to either.

Basketball -23,979
Football -49,138

ADVERTISEMENT