ADVERTISEMENT

The better Team Won Tonight...

dbem1

Blue Chip Prospect
Apr 21, 2007
Some are just waiting for a loss so they can promote their agenda to get rid of Cal or blame Wheeler. This game could have gone either way until the final 4 minutes. Kansas responded with 2 huge 3's. I am not happy with a loss. But the reality is, the better team won tonight.

Some are just waiting for a loss so they can promote their agenda to get rid of Cal or blame Wheeler. This game could have gone either way until the final 4 minutes. Kansas responded with 2 huge 3's. I am not happy with a loss. But the reality is, the better team won tonight.
Their PG abused Wheeler all night. We were up 5 when he was subbed in, went to 7 down and trailed the rest of the game.

And Cal's substitution patterns absolutely helped the loss. But you keep right on carrying his water

Waiting for a loss. Boy I tell you what. I’m fed up with some of the fan base that will take bullets for Cal. His last five years have been unacceptable. Period. End of discussion. No defending it. And if you do. Hell I’ll say it. You’re wrong.

Their PG abused Wheeler all night. We were up 5 when he was subbed in, went to 7 down and trailed the rest of the game.
Kansas is damn good.
Dont let the mini skid trick you into believing other wise.
They have the #1 rated sos in kp and are still 17-4.
They will probably end up a 1 seed in the Dance and could repeat.
If UK makes a few more 3s tonight its a different story. Frederick’s dislocated finger on his shooting hand is clearly still bothering him. He should be well soon though.

Kansas is damn good.
If UK makes a few more 3s tonight its a different story. Frederick’s dislocated finger on his shooting hand us clearly still bothering him. He should be well soon though.
Choke yourself. Your Pollyanna shit is so played. The emperor has no clothes, and this coach has no clue.

Kansas is damn good.
If UK makes a few more 3s tonight its a different story. Frederick’s dislocated finger on his shooting hand is clearly still bothering him. He should be well soon though.
It didn't bother him against Vandy. Maybe it's just the big stage.

... if only we didn't have to play those final 4 minutes. We could be the gold standard. Speaking of reality, the better team won THIS night because UK, under Calipari is a laughingstock. This team is NEVER going to beat anyone of consequence, because of John Calipari and his sick and twisted motives.

Reactions: IIIBradIII
Yes, they did.The days of us being the better team are probably over when it comes to top ten level.We might pull off a win or two every once in a while,but we arent top ten or even 20.This team is top 25 to 30 level and most UK fans are good with that,No more NCAA banners to hang.What a shame.What has become of the program that Pitino called the " Roman Empire of College Basketball"?
Its sad that it has come to this.

This team has not turned the corner yet. I did not feel that we could beat Kansas, this team does not play as a team yet. The ball in the 2nd half did not get into Oscar enough. Cal got out coached by a better Coach and KU right now is just the better team. No two ways about it.

Not convinced the better team won. Cal forces us to play the "what if" game bc it's no secret he's not coaching this team to be the best version of itself. He's coaching it based on vision of something that does not and will not ever exist. Wheeler will NEVER be a winning PG, end of story. I respect his hustle, but every minute he's in is a net negative, and it's not his fault. He is what he is--a PG suitable for Georgia. 100% on Cal

Cals 26-33 against ranked teams since 2015 . Who’s assembling these damn rosters anyway? That’s the person who should be fired!

Cals 26-33 against ranked teams since 2015 . Who’s assembling these damn rosters anyway? That’s the person who should be fired!
That's just unacceptable period.I mean I'm tired of excuses for these results.Calipari recruited these players and it's up to him to have them prepared game after game.Thats his damn job and he's paid very well.The results speak for themselves....completely unacceptable.

Reactions: yoshukai
Wheeler is not a good player he is too small to play defense and cannot hit outside shots of course Cal will not play a zone, Kan. getting easy shots inside will be hard to get to the NCAA tourney this year.

Wheeler is not a good player he is too small to play defense and cannot hit outside shots of course Cal will not play a zone, Kan. getting easy shots inside will be hard to get to the NCAA tourney this year.
He barely played. He's not the problem.

Not convinced the better team won. Cal forces us to play the "what if" game bc it's no secret he's not coaching this team to be the best version of itself. He's coaching it based on vision of something that does not and will not ever exist. Wheeler will NEVER be a winning PG, end of story. I respect his hustle, but every minute he's in is a net negative, and it's not his fault. He is what he is--a PG suitable for Georgia. 100% on Cal
We don’t have anyone close to Jalen Wilson’s talent, come on. Kansas wins that game 10 out of 10 times, so obvious.

Kentucky had more talent. KU had vastly better coaching.
We don’t have anyone close to Jalen Wilson’s talent, come on. Kansas wins that game 10 out of 10 times, so obvious.
That is crazy-wrong. Oscar is better. Flip the teams/coaches, give them a day of coaching, and Self takes Oscar, the skilled UK shooters and better athletes and blows out a Cal coached team with Wilson and 6'6" center Adams.

Reactions: Rafterman and know1
And they don't have anyone close to Oscar. Our TEAM is likely better than KU... But that's under the assumption that they're utilized/coached correctly. I swear, if we swapped coaches at halftime, Bill Self coaches UK to a 10+ pt win.

Kansas is damn good.
Weird that there’s a thread on this board from THIS WEEK where you are predicting an 11 game losing streak for this Kansas team that you think is “damn good.”

Impossible that you’re fooling anyone at this point. BAN AGAIN MODS

Reactions: know1
Kentucky had more talent. KU had vastly better coaching.

That is crazy-wrong. Oscar is better. Flip the teams/coaches, give them a day of coaching, and Self takes Oscar, the skilled UK shooters and better athletes and blows out a Cal coached team with Wilson and 6'6" center Adams.
Keep telling yourself that and see how far each team goes in March. Oscar is a great college player that’s true but UK sure as heck don’t have more talent, in fact we don’t have any talent outside poor Oscar and Wallace. We have 2 dudes, they had at least 4. Mecullar, Wilson, Adams and their Dick.

And they don't have anyone close to Oscar. Our TEAM is likely better than KU... But that's under the assumption that they're utilized/coached correctly. I swear, if we swapped coaches at halftime, Bill Self coaches UK to a 10+ pt win.
Nah, I agree that Self is better but we just don’t have UK talent outside Oscar and Wallace.

We shot almost 50% from the floor (Kansas about the same) but only 16-23 from the foul line- Kansas was 9-10 from the foul line- we were outrebounded 34-29 and they had a guard with 12 rebounds, Oscar "only" had 9 rebounds- Kansas was 6-16 and we were 2-13 on 3 point shots (CJ & Reeves 0-8) and thats where we lost the game IMO- I thought this would be a very good shooting team from 3 but we are just not- Kansas made some tough shots down the stretch and we didn't respond

On paper talent wise I can't say Kansas was the better team, coaching wise I will say Kansas was the better team.

• Haha
Reactions: HAWK1962 and know1
ADVERTISEMENT