ADVERTISEMENT

The apathy has already started.

d2UYdNq.png

You miserable people need to go support/root for another team. It would be better for you and better for us real fans.
These "miserable" people are the real fans. They understand our history, our unique place in the sport's hierarchy, and demand the best from the program.

"Fans" like you don't have any expectations beyond the university having a team with "Kentucky" on its jerseys run onto the court. Since you don't seem to understand our history or have any aspiration for UK to excel, you're not Kentucky Basketball fans at all. You either don't care what we accomplish, or are too stupid to know how much it matters... or some unfortunate combination of both.

These "miserable" people are the real fans. They understand our history, our unique place in the sport's hierarchy, and demand the best from the program.

"Fans" like you don't have any expectations beyond the university having a team with "Kentucky" on its jerseys run onto the court. Since you don't seem to understand our history or have any aspiration for UK to excel, you're not Kentucky Basketball fans at all. You either don't care what we accomplish, or are too stupid to know how much it matters... or some unfortunate combination of both.
Listen "Sonny", I have been a true fan of the cats for more than 60 years. My entire family has. I have cried over our losses and had to cancel classes because I was so dejected on more than one occasion. The fact that I hold the title of a Kentucky Emeritus Professor would tend to provide empirical evidence that disputes the allegations in your last paragraph.

Camp cal 50% off for university employees which is half of Lexington
SMH
Probably need more context on this claim. As in, is this new for this year, or common for UK staff to get 50% off?

Furthermore, if UK employed half of Lexington (population 322,200), that would be the largest university staff on planet earth at 161,100 people.

In reality, UK employs ~12,000 staff and 2000 faculty (or 14,000 people), which is roughly 4% of the population of Lexington (a far cry from 50%). However, it's likely safe to assume a number of those are remote or not based in Lexington, so that number likely decreases further from your "half" claim.

So three things:
1) Is 50% off for UK staff the norm? If so, why wouldn't you include that tidbit?
2) UK employs much less of Lexington than you claim.
3) How does any of this link to Calipari? Couldn't there be some relation to economy, COVID, etc?

You miserable people need to go support/root for another team. It would be better for you and better for us real fans.
Oooh. There it is again. The “real fan” card.

Keep it up and there may be 100 “real fans” left. You all will be like the royal families of Europe. All related, all bloated with self importance, and irrelevant to reality.

Probably need more context on this claim. As in, is this new for this year, or common for UK staff to get 50% off?

Furthermore, if UK employed half of Lexington (population 322,200), that would be the largest university staff on planet earth at 161,100 people.

In reality, UK employs ~12,000 staff and 2000 faculty (or 14,000 people), which is roughly 4% of the population of Lexington (a far cry from 50%). However, it's likely safe to assume a number of those are remote or not based in Lexington, so that number likely decreases further from your "half" claim.

So three things:
1) Is 50% off for UK staff the norm? If so, why wouldn't you include that tidbit?
3) How does any of this link to Calipari? Couldn't there be some relation to economy, COVID, etc?
Why bother with context or facts when you can throw up anything that appeals to the negative?

Camp Cal? Is this a joke? Who would pay to go to it? Offensive sets consist of “somebody go make a play” and “GO!!”Defense - nope, strictly man to man. Out of bounds plays - nope. How to sign an NBA contract- check. How to be selfish and only look out for yourself if it’s in your best interest even when your teammates are injured- check. Sounds like a waste of money to me.

I don't mean to pile on to the miserable time you all are having, but here's the bad news. If and when Cal does leave, he's taking your balls with him. He's had them in mason jars for the last 7 years according to some of you. Carry on.

Reactions: Graham51

So three things:
Relax man. The half of Lexington line was an exaggeration. I actually typed that but deleted it because it’s pretty obvious. And according to what I read no it’s not the norm. No one gives half off discounts unless they can’t fill the camp. The father daughter camp for instance had no discount.

Oooh. There it is again. The “real fan” card.

Keep it up and there may be 100 “real fans” left. You all will be like the royal families of Europe. All related, all bloated with self importance, and irrelevant to reality.
Not just related. Probably the same damn person with 87 sock accounts.

Listen "Sonny", I have been a true fan of the cats for more than 60 years. My entire family has. I have cried over our losses and had to cancel classes because I was so dejected on more than one occasion. The fact that I hold the title of a Kentucky Emeritus Professor would tend to provide empirical evidence that disputes the allegations in your last paragraph.
That's not a fact until you produce evidence. It's just an assertion. Prove it or gtfo son.

Cried over losses? Jeez man sack up and grow up. I've never cried over a loss. You so-called academic types...smh

Relax man. The half of Lexington line was an exaggeration. I actually typed that but deleted it because it’s pretty obvious. And according to what I read no it’s not the norm. No one gives half off discounts unless they can’t fill the camp. The father daughter camp for instance had no discount.
So why dont you drop a link to where you read it?

Reactions: flacat22
So why dont you drop a link to where you read it?
It was on the official Kentucky baketball page on fb. If you go their Facebook page and scroll down a day or two it’s still up. And no this isn’t offered every year.

Camp Cal? Is this a joke? Who would pay to go to it? Offensive sets consist of “somebody go make a play” and “GO!!”Defense - nope, strictly man to man. Out of bounds plays - nope. How to sign an NBA contract- check. How to be selfish and only look out for yourself if it’s in your best interest even when your teammates are injured- check. Sounds like a waste of money to me.
He does have a national title and is a Hall of Fame coach. That is not too shabby.

Reactions: Ima Alien
That's not a fact until you produce evidence. It's just an assertion. Prove it or gtfo son.

Cried over losses? Jeez man sack up and grow up. I've never cried over a loss. You so-called academic types...smh
Well, the "crying" part was when I was a young boy. mid to late 1950's. Had my own transistor radio to listen to games. Not many kids had one back then. Yes, I am an old geezer now. And through it all, I have been an ardent, unwavering UK fan. Oh....and I certainly don't need to prove anything to you, little man.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT