ADVERTISEMENT

The 2016-17 Kentucky Wildcat's Roster

Charles Matthews would be a lot more likely to transfer than Mulder, given he would have 3 years left and he has the makings of a future professional player. He could greatly use a year off to really work on his ball handling and jump shot. He could go somewhere like Gonzaga or Wichita State and be a very, very big impact player.

Or he could return and battle for the reserve wing-guard position, which presently is wide-open.

Matthews came here to refine his game and become a professional basketball player. He's still right on schedule. Next year's incoming talent won't change his trajectory, or his time table.

Reactions: Pluto is a Planet
UK will be loaded any way you slice it. Bigger question right now might be who returns for Duke.

gone NBA- Poythress, Lee, Ulis, Murray, Skal and Briscoe
coming back- Hawkins, Willis, Mulder, Floreal, Pulliam, David, Matthews, Wynyard and Humphries
coming in- Fox, Monk, Gabriel, SKJ, BAM, Bolden and Calipari

Scholly players- 1. Hawk 2. Willis 3. Mulder 4. Matthews 5. Tai 6. Isaac 7. Fox 8. Monk 9. Gabriel 10. SKJ 11. BAM 12. Bolden
WALK-ONS- 1. Floreal 2. Pulliam 3. David 4. Calipari

- That leaves ONE scholly to play with IN CASE 1 of the 6 in the gone NBA decides to come back or we get another HS SR or juco or decide to put Floreal back on scholly.

starters/key reserves
PG- Fox 6-4/Hawk 6-0
G- Monk 6-4/Mulder 6-4
W- Willis 6-9/Gabriel 6-10/Matthews 6-6
F- BAM 6-10/SKJ 6-11
C- Bolden 6-11/Humphries 7-0/Wynyard 6-10

cigar players- Floreal, Pulliam, David and Calipari

If u look at minutes played per game this year it will go like this compared to next year...
Murray 34= Monk
Ulis 36= Fox
Poy 23= Bolden
Briscoe 32= Bam
Willis 18= Gabriel
Lee 22= Willis
Skal 16= SKJ
Isaac 10= Humphries
Matthews 11= Matthews
Hawkins 9= Hawkins
Mulder 4= Mulder
- Wynyard will be a red-shirt frosh next year and probably wont play much but will be a huge part of the team as a soph in 17-18

Ulis, Murray, Skal, Poy, and Lee are gone, IMHO. I could see Briscoe coming back, since he could improve his draft stock by returning and working on his shot.

If Briscoe comes back, I see us starting:

G Fox
G Monk
G Briscoe
F Willis
F Adebayo

Briscoe starts for sure and if he starts we need a shooter at the 4 to offset his shooting (unless he starts knocking down the three at a much better rate), so that means Willis has to start. Gabriel and Bolden (if he comes) or SKJ or Humphries (if Bolden goes elsewhere) are the top guys off the bench. Hawkins reprises his role as the backcourt sub.

If Briscoe leaves, then we look like this.

G Fox
G Monk
F Gabriel
F Adebayo
F Bolden (if he comes) or SKJ (if Bolden goes elsewhere)

Willis is the first off the bench. Humphries or Killeya-Jones provide depth inside. Hawkins is the main backcourt sub.

Lol Briscoe & athleticism.

I hope he declares. I can't stand to watch him put on a Brick show for another year. His shot is broken & i dont envision it getting noticeably better with a full offseason.

Exciting to think about the new parts coming in and how it'll gel. I do have a feeling Matthews or Mulder will transfer. While Mulder knew what he was getting into, it must suck to come not play minutes in your only 2 years in D1.

ADVERTISEMENT