ADVERTISEMENT

Thanksgiving Day Phone Call

Nov 17, 2012
Good evening fine folks of the forum. I just wanted to share with everyone the phone call I got on Thanksgiving Day right as we were sitting down to dinner. I picked my phone up and my wife said are you really going to answer that? I said yes I have to answer it it's Mark. She said your cousin Mark? I said no the football coach at Kentucky she said well you better answer that because that's probably important. So I answered the phone and he was in a great mood. He said he had been drinking bourbon all day just to kind of get over the season but he was really excited about playing Louisville on Saturday because he knew he was going to kick that Cardinal ass. He said the offense had been absolutely terrible this past season and a massive change was imminent. He discussed a few people that he was considering for offensive coordinator. The usual names popped up Dan Mullen, Hartline, and Coen. But he said there's one person standing out to him and he would love to bring him to Lexington. Bobby Petrino. I asked him if he was serious and he said he was dead serious the man is an offensive genius. I told him the Lexington Harley dealership would probably offer some NIL deals and he said ironically he had already spoken to them and they are on board. He said they told him that the day Bobby arrives in Lexington they're going to deliver him a brand new Road Glide. I told him I didn't know if that was a great idea but he's the boss and he can hire who he wants to hire but the fans would just like to see about 35 points a game on average because with our defense we could have easily won 11 games this year putting up 35 points and he agreed with that. I asked him if he kept his hands on the offense and he said he quit doing that when Liam was here. So he saw that mystery for me.

I don't know if it's really going to happen or not but I'm sure glad I answered the phone on Thanksgiving Day. There seems to be a common thread about Thanksgiving phone calls and good old Bobby P. 😃

Good evening fine folks of the forum. I just wanted to share with everyone the phone call I got on Thanksgiving Day right as we were sitting down to dinner. I picked my phone up and my wife said are you really going to answer that? I said yes I have to answer it it's Mark. She said your cousin Mark? I said no the football coach at Kentucky she said well you better answer that because that's probably important. So I answered the phone and he was in a great mood. He said he had been drinking bourbon all day just to kind of get over the season but he was really excited about playing Louisville on Saturday because he knew he was going to kick that Cardinal ass. He said the offense had been absolutely terrible this past season and a massive change was imminent. He discussed a few people that he was considering for offensive coordinator. The usual names popped up Dan Mullen, Hartline, and Coen. But he said there's one person standing out to him and he would love to bring him to Lexington. Bobby Petrino. I asked him if he was serious and he said he was dead serious the man is an offensive genius. I told him the Lexington Harley dealership would probably offer some NIL deals and he said ironically he had already spoken to them and they are on board. He said they told him that the day Bobby arrives in Lexington they're going to deliver him a brand new Road Glide. I told him I didn't know if that was a great idea but he's the boss and he can hire who he wants to hire but the fans would just like to see about 35 points a game on average because with our defense we could have easily won 11 games this year putting up 35 points and he agreed with that. I asked him if he kept his hands on the offense and he said he quit doing that when Liam was here. So he saw that mystery for me.

I don't know if it's really going to happen or not but I'm sure glad I answered the phone on Thanksgiving Day. There seems to be a common thread about Thanksgiving phone calls and good old Bobby P. 😃
4-10

I told him the Lexington Harley dealership would probably offer some NIL deals and he said ironically he had already spoken to them and they are on board.
There might be something to this.

I also got a call in Thanksgiving Day. It was a wrong number.

But that Sunday (the day-after-the-day-after-the-day-after Thanksgiving) I was eating a Turkey sandwich on rye, along with my usual curds and wheat germ, when my landline rang.

You can imagine my surprise, given that I haven’t paid for a landline in three years.

None-the-less, I answered, and it was my great uncle, a proctologist in Lexington. He’s a bit of an asshole, but sometimes a kernel or two is passed on to him due to the nature of his work. He also gets inside information from patients.

You will be excited to learn that not only the Harley Dealership, but also the largest medical partnership specializing in spinal injuries and facial abrasions is fully on-board. Combined with the Harley deal, there can be little question as to whom we are eyeing.

Last edited:

A holiday tradition! Just like Rudolph, Charlie Brown, and the Grinch.... and Cals team starting off slow.

There might be something to this.

I also got a call in Thanksgiving Day. It was a wrong number.

But that Sunday (the day-after-the-day-after-the-day-after Thanksgiving) I was eating a Turkey sandwich on rye, along with my usual curds and wheat germ, when my landline rang.

You can imagine my surprise, given that I haven’t paid for a landline in three years.

None-the-less, I answered, and it was my great uncle, a proctologist in Lexington. He’s a bit of an asshole, but sometimes a kernel or two is passed on to him due to the nature of his work. He also gets inside information from patients.

You will be excited to learn that not only the Harley Dealership, but also the largest medical partnership specializing in spinal injuries and facial abrasions is fully on-board. Combined with the Harley deal, there can be little question as to whom we are eyeing.
Keep your eyes on the volleyball team. Things are lining up for something special.

ADVERTISEMENT