ADVERTISEMENT

Thanks from a Lurker

Apr 25, 2015
I’ve been reading the baseball forum for the past 3 years and this is my first post.

I like how information seems to get to the board quickly and the opinions are usually interesting and good natured. I’ve wanted to dispel a rumor or 2 but with a son on the team I just don’t think it’s my place to comment.

We are still dealing with the sudden end to the season, it’s going to be tough to watch ANY baseball for the next while.

Thanks for your passion for KY Baseball.

Jeff Cottam

I've truly enjoyed watching your son play for the Kentucky Wildcats this year.

I’ve been reading the baseball forum for the past 3 years and this is my first post.

I like how information seems to get to the board quickly and the opinions are usually interesting and good natured. I’ve wanted to dispel a rumor or 2 but with a son on the team I just don’t think it’s my place to comment.

We are still dealing with the sudden end to the season, it’s going to be tough to watch ANY baseball for the next while.

Jeff Cottam

Last edited:
Jeff, I'm guessing your son is Kole and from the BBN, it's been a ton of fun watching him the last three years and good luck to him on his next adventures. I'm hoping he's back next year. One story I have about Kole was one night after a game, my daughter got his autograph and stood and talked to him for a good 10 minutes. He never wavered from her and she was tickled to death that a "baseball player" was interested in what she said. I love watching all the regionals but the way this season ended, it's hard for me to get excited about it.

In the three years I've watched Kole, he has represented himself, his family and UK Baseball extremely well. He's had many highlights but his double off the top of the wall last year against NC State will forever be one of my favorite UK Baseball moments. Jeff, please wish Kole the best from all of his fans here on the message board. I'll be following him wherever he suits up next. (Selfishly hoping it's here this Fall)

Thanks guys for the kind words about Kole.

He loves playing for Kentucky and our family has looked forward to weekends at the Cliff more and more each week. We’ll see what happens next week, then I’m sure Kole will have a tough decision to make. Either way, the kids love playing for Minge and his staff... the program is in good hands.

Glad your daughter got to meet a ‘real baseball player’.... . That’s awesome!

Cheers,
J

First, I'd like to thank you for sending your son to play baseball in Lexington. I imagine it wasn't easy sending him 3 hours from home. It was a pleasure watching him play for UK, and we got the added bonus of Tennessee fans complaining that he wasn't wearing that ugly shade of orange. Haha

Best of luck to "Kyle" in next week's draft. After the 19 dingers and such a great year I don't know how too many teams can pass him up. Still, none of us will complain if you send him back to Kentucky for his senior year.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I really hope this board stays different from the others. It's here because we are fans, but I hope those that come here, myself included, remember that these are sons who are playing hard and doing their best and we don't need to insult them or unnecessarily spread falsehoods about them. It's not easy to do at times because there can be a thin line between criticism and insult, but I think for the most part we have done pretty well with that here. I hope as the population of this board increases that we don't lose that.

Anyway, thanks for sharing with us, and best of luck to Kole in whatever he does in the future.

Thanks Mr. Cottam for sending Kole our way. Quick story, a young woman who grew up in our neighborhood in SE KY., moved to Knoxville a couple of years ago with her hubby and baby boy, I saw her at our local McDonald's the day before the UT series, I told her I was going down that Friday to watch UK vs UT, she said her doctor in Knoxville, had a son playing for UK, I asked her what was her name ? Dr. Cottam she replied, I said, I know who her son is, and he is a great player for UK. .... Small world sometimes !

Jeff Cottam
The team got screwed by the committee!!!! Good luck to Kole.

Reactions: RogerIndy
Jeff, I'm guessing your son is Kole and from the BBN, it's been a ton of fun watching him the last three years and good luck to him on his next adventures. I'm hoping he's back next year. One story I have about Kole was one night after a game, my daughter got his autograph and stood and talked to him for a good 10 minutes. He never wavered from her and she was tickled to death that a "baseball player" was interested in what she said. I love watching all the regionals but the way this season ended, it's hard for me to get excited about it.
Refuse to watch and every Ky fan should follow suit.

Reactions: RogerIndy and GGCAT
Refuse to watch and every Ky fan should follow suit.

Im right there with you, regionals weekend is one of my favorites of the year. all day baseball for 3 days whether watching on TV or being there.

But after Monday's debacle , don't think I can muster up the interest.

And not to get off track.....Mr Cottam, your son has been a fine player and fine representative for his university. All the success in the world to him in the upcoming draft and beyond.

But of course selfishly we all want him back ;)

Thanks again for the kind words guys.

We’ve got a lot of friends playing on regional teams....and I don’t think I can watch either.

“she said her doctor in Knoxville, had a son playing forUK, Iasked her what was her name ? Dr. Cottam she replied”

Good story. No matter how famous my boys get... Mama is the RockStar in Knoxville.... haha

Thanks again for the kind words guys.

We’ve got a lot of friends playing on regional teams....and I don’t think I can watch either.

“she said her doctor in Knoxville, had a son playing forUK, Iasked her what was her name ? Dr. Cottam she replied”

Good story. No matter how famous my boys get... Mama is the RockStar in Knoxville.... haha
Jeff, are you sure Kole doesn't want to be on the first team to play in the NEW Stadium? Would love to see him be the first Cat to hit one out of the park!! But like the others, whatever he decides to do, I wish him the best.

Jeff Cottam
It has to be tough being a parent of a child playing major college sports. My son played football in high school and it drove me nuts. Lol. Your son has been a credit to his team, our university and your family. And he is one hell of a player on top of it. Selfishly, I hope he returns to UK. But I wish him the best in whatever his future holds.

It has to be tough being a parent of a child playing major college sports. My son played football in high school and it drove me nuts. Lol. Your son has been a credit to his team, our university and your family. And he is one hell of a player on top of it. Selfishly, I hope he returns to UK. But I wish him the best in whatever his future holds.

Thanks Irish.

It’s hard to watch your kid when he’s struggling or you know he’s injured and there’s nothing you can do to help. Luckily for us Kole has stayed pretty healthy throughout his career.

You want to talk about tough to watch.... the other kid is a golfer in college. It’s like Kole being at bat with bases loaded and 2 out..... 65 times a day! Haha....turning the hair Grey!

Jeff

ADVERTISEMENT