ADVERTISEMENT

Thank You Mitch & BBN...

This quote alone shows how clueless you are. EVERYTHING at this level is political. UK is a state funded institution. The strings to those funds are political. The approval process for projects is political.

Well that explains everything, mitch was completely lost in a political world.

Proved by calling his thousands of long suffering and loyal fans "microwave fans".

You might be right, he probably didn't even try to point out the importance of football and how it was the coming MONEY COW-------IF you invested in it like the other SEC schools instead of starving it and losing MILLIONS from 20,000 season ticket holders defecting AND the loss of millions in donations.

lol

Reactions: CatGotMyTongue
Well that explains everything, mitch was completely lost in a political world.

Proved by calling his thousands of long suffering and loyal fans "microwave fans".

You might be right, he probably didn't even try to point out the importance of football and how it was the coming MONEY COW-------IF you invested in it like the other SEC schools instead of starving it and losing MILLIONS from 20,000 season ticket holders defecting AND the loss of millions in donations.

lol
Going to tell you this STRAIGHT up and I'm done !! You are TOTALLY wrong with this and you NO clue what the hell you are talking about. Period. When is the last time you were even on the UK campus 20 years ago?

Last edited:
At least ,after all the basketball athletic directors, we seem to be headed in the right direction! There are many accomplices to the fiasco ,that was the UK athletic program! It took a coordinated,concerted effort ,to be so pitiful!

Reactions: jauk11
No I'm talking about the yum center. I don't care that UL didn't pay for it, hell that's even better. The fact is Jurich was instrumental in getting UL a new basketball arena to play in
To add to this discussion most people don’t know that two million of the YUM profits each year go to pay for one of the renovations of Pappa Johns football stadium. No sense to it other than Jurich did not have to and therefore did not play by the same rules as everyone else .

Another point to add to the discussion is unintended consequences and you can’t please everybody . Even when u do some good things u negatively effect others.
For instance . Game times . Young folks want night games . Old folks like me and my group wanted afternoon games.

We tailgated since before CWS opened . It was great in a grassy shaded area with trees and a lexitonian who put up our tent .
First thing that happened was UK renewed parking passes based on points and the nice guy who put up our tent lost his so we no longer had a tent put up in a nice space when we arrived
Second thing that happened was all of the new wonderful construction took place and took away our wonderful shaded treed areas relegating us to blacktop which has the ambiance of a White Castle .

So too many night games, no tent, blacktop , my group finally dropped our last eight season to Ky football,this year .
However , I can’t say it was MB s or anyone’s fault . It just was a natural consequence of both on campus progress and trying to squeeze every dollar out of the SEC TV contact .
Going now to purchase an even larger more high definition HDTV to get ready to swell the TV audience and help our tv ratings this fall. That’s progress I guess .

Another point to add to the discussion is unintended consequences and you can’t please everybody . Even when u do some good things u negatively effect others.
For instance . Game times . Young folks want night games . Old folks like me and my group wanted afternoon games.

We tailgated since before CWS opened . It was great in a grassy shaded area with trees and a lexitonian who put up our tent .
First thing that happened was UK renewed parking passes based on points and the nice guy who put up our tent lost his so we no longer had a tent put up in a nice space when we arrived
Second thing that happened was all of the new wonderful construction took place and took away our wonderful shaded treed areas relegating us to blacktop which has the ambiance of a White Castle .

So too many night games, no tent, blacktop , my group finally dropped our last eight season to Ky football,this year .
However , I can’t say it was MB s or anyone’s fault . It just was a natural consequence of both on campus progress and trying to squeeze every dollar out of the SEC TV contact .
Going now to purchase an even larger more high definition HDTV to get ready to swell the TV audience and help our tv ratings this fall. That’s progress I guess .
Part of our group would be considered "old school" , but we refuse to let that get in our way because it actually doesn't because we don't let it. Have moved parking four times and now have the best spots we have ever had. Don't care what time the games are because we are committed to being there. Part of us got displaced with tickets, but we actually like these seats better. I guess it's all how you view things. High def Tv's...yes have two of them and record each game so I can rewatch them during the week if they are work rewatching. Lastly, we never have and never wiil leave a game early no matter the score.

Part of our group would be considered "old school" , but we refuse to let that get in our way because it actually doesn't because we don't let it. Have moved parking four times and now have the best spots we have ever had. Don't care what time the games are because we are committed to being there. Part of us got displaced with tickets, but we actually like these seats better. I guess it's all how you view things. High def Tv's...yes have two of them and record each game so I can rewatch them during the week if they are work rewatching. Lastly, we never have and never wiil leave a game early no matter the score.
Did u really stay to the end of I believe the night November Austin Peay ( I think may have wrong team) game a couple of years ago when it snowed ? We left after the first quarter and due to all of the TV timeouts watched much of the third and all of the fourth quarter in our comfy family room.

If u did stay to the end of that game u are really one loyal fan or nuts depending on how u look at it.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Going to tell you this STRAIGHT up and I'm done !! You are TOTALLY wrong with this and you NO clue what the hell you are talking about. Period. When is the last time you were even on the UK campus 20 years ago?
I’m with Jauk on this. He’s talking about delaying with improvements until his hand was forced.

LOL, my God I hope so.

When are you going to dispute the FACTS in my posts?

You must have been listening to BD, funny how you disagree so much on the job Stoops is doing but agree so much on mitch, isn't he the one that caused you to drop your season tickets you had for decades? But not to worry, you got better tickets because TWENTY THOUSAND other season ticket holders ALSO dropped theirs, how was mitch doing up until the strike?

And, like I have said many times, I don't have a problem with the support now, just the unnecessary trip below ground, before the strike, better to just quit telling everyone what a great AD mitch has been, horrible before the strike and just fine (but not too smart) since the strike. He isn't completely out of touch, he started throwing money at football like a drunken sailor after ten years of neglect drove it underground, with its demise and all the money from SEC football he really had no choice though.

How about the guy in the Phillipines that posts all the good links, why don't you all jump on him, BD used to claim I was in the middle of the Pacific, he really is. But really, the fan base should be restricted to those that live in Lexington I suppose.

And if none of this makes sense to you you are the one with the problem.

Now tell me how stupid I am and how great mitch has been for football overall and I will have to list all the odious facts again. By the way, they do have the ignore feature, I only contradict you about mitch because it is so easy, otherwise you aren't a bad poster, except for your vendetta against Stoops, of course.

Hoping not to hear from you.

I’m with Jauk on this. He’s talking about delaying with improvements until his hand was forced.
Never forced... Mitch played the hand that was dealt him. Some people just don't want to accept the realities that have been explained on here by others and myself about the way the process works at U of K... It is not like U6 where you can steal money and work the books under the table until you finally get caught. Have never understood why a city school could get priority and state funding over state flagship University... That being said, the past is the past and now all the coaches at the University of Kentucky have elite top-notch facilities to be able to work with under the tutelage and the athletic administration of Mitch Barnhart. Like I said I am not crazy about the way he has done coaching hires or given undo contracts to people like Stoops and the women's basketball coach. #GOCATS

Last edited:

White Castle has blacktop as good as everyone else's.

If I lived 70 miles away you couldn't keep me out of a game, one way or another, even if I had to hitchhike (Do they put you in jail for that now, I hitchhiked from Seattle Washington down through California and back to Kentucky in 1959). I never left a football or basketball game early while I was going there, and left very few other games early in my lifetime-------of course a couple thousand of those I was officiating so it was difficult to slip out unnoticed.

I think it is great to watch a game with the crowd atmosphere and then go back and watch your recording and replay the parts that stood out several times.

Reactions: EKCAT4YRS
White Castle has blacktop as good as everyone else's.

If I lived 70 miles away you couldn't keep me out of a game, one way or another, even if I had to hitchhike (Do they put you in jail for that now, I hitchhiked from Seattle Washington down through California and back to Kentucky in 1959). I never left a football or basketball game early while I was going there, and left very few other games early in my lifetime-------of course a couple thousand of those I was officiating so it was difficult to slip out unnoticed.

I think it is great to watch a game with the crowd atmosphere and then go back and watch your recording and replay the parts that stood out several times.
Actually what a couple of couples are going to do us play the new system against itself. By that I mean we won’t buy season tickets but will wait until game time is announced 12 days out and if the game starts at six pm or before we will,buy tickets online and go . Otherwise , watch on TV and help the tv ratings. Either way is fine with us but the days of loyally buying season tickets and getting in at 2:00 AM are over for us .

To add to this discussion most people don’t know that two million of the YUM profits each year go to pay for one of the renovations of Pappa Johns football stadium. No sense to it other than Jurich did not have to and therefore did not play by the same rules as everyone else .
I, for one, am totally unaware of the situation you cite. Can you please elaborate and provide some reference links? Thanks in advance.

Peace

I, for one, am totally unaware of the situation you cite. Can you please elaborate and provide some reference links? Thanks in advance.

Peace
Section 46 of the 2008 lease between the Louisville Arena Authority and ULAA. Yes it is amazing that Jurich and company even thought to finance the football stadium indirectly with with taxpayer dollars from the lease on what was originally billed as a “ community arena”
These people should be indicted for fraud .

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Section 46 of the 2008 lease between the Louisville Arena Authority and ULAA. Yes it is amazing that Jurich and company even thought to finance the football stadium indirectly with with taxpayer dollars from the lease on what was originally billed as a “ community arena”
These people should be indicted for fraud .
Thank you. I have read over Section 46 (and related references) several times and I still do not "understand" this thing called "Excluded Amount". Financial legalese is not in my background.

But after reading that clause several times I see absolutely nothing that remotely suggests "...two million of the YUM profits each year go to pay for one of the renovations of Pappa Johns football stadium." as you cited in your earlier post.

I am going to continue to "study" this clause but it appears to be language to address UofL's "obligations" in the Metro bond for PJCS and "what if" conditions should the YUM! not be ready per schedule (the lease was signed 2 years before the Arena was finished).

If you can better help me understand this complex lease language I would appreciate it.

Peace

Actually what a couple of couples are going to do us play the new system against itself. By that I mean we won’t buy season tickets but will wait until game time is announced 12 days out and if the game starts at six pm or before we will,buy tickets online and go . Otherwise , watch on TV and help the tv ratings. Either way is fine with us but the days of loyally buying season tickets and getting in at 2:00 AM are over for us .

Good man.

I still vividly remember your LONG running post trying to get mitch to announce the scoreboard improvements just before season ticket sales closed that year, trying to keep your large tailgating group together. He didn't do that, but they did get done, seems like he should have had a pretty good idea it was going to happen, especially since he was able to replace the UK loan in about a day when the dumb faculty complained (and yes, I think they were dumb after UK athletics had been giving them millions for years, PLUS paying full tuition for scholarships PLUS getting interest) about the loan.

And then the politician (toward UK, not fans) was able to raise the money he couldn't raise until after the replacement was two years overdue in about a day.

Nice, appreciate it, but wait before you go, PLEASE contradict all the horrendous BUDGET numbers I have posted that you, Fuzz (or whatever he calls himself now), and BD keep claiming you have proven to be false. When you ALL avoid them like the plague, while claiming I am making it all up.

Once again, just to refresh your memory, the budget for basketball recruiting OVER $500,000 for about FIVE recruits when the one for football's TWENTY FIVE recruits was about $300,000, about ONE THIRD of Thug U's-------that also supported the "Orange Pride" (that the #1 RB recruit in the nation asked if he could just skip the coaches meetings and just "hang out" with+-------------------------------------------------------------- the leader of the gang)-------AND THEY LET HIM. They also subscribed to the "recruiting service" that got Oregon in trouble------until it got Oregon in trouble, lol.

The budget for football operations about $11M (with EIGHTY FIVE rides and a MUCH more expensive sport) when the operating budget for bb with less than FIFTEEN rides was over TEN MILLION, how was that even possible? How is it possible to justify something like that, the rivals claim that UK was just a basket school was JUSTIFIED at that time, and the "RECRUITING ROOM" (yes, BD I have to say it again, but it has NEVER been all I have said) how could ANY AD let that living proof that UK was just a basketball school (Despite having MANY THOUSANDS of long suffering fans------well, we did lose about 20,000 season ticket holders because of that JOKE for FIFTEEN years), you know the corner of a warehouse that our best recruiter admitted he LIED to prospects about------AFTER he left.

So, instead you all CLAIMING my PUBLISHED facts are fiction why not put your money where your mouth is, put up or shut up. NOTHING for a DECADE, then everything when the money comes rolling in (more than enough to override the millions he lost) AND the strike, tell me again what sane man making almost a million wouldn't do almost anything to save his job.

AND quit badmouthing our coach until he has his players AND assistants in place, you really aren't helping a thing at this point, regardless if you think your constant attacks help the program or not, not sure why your ally BD doesn't chew you out over that, guess trashing me is more important.

But yes, best to just be quiet and accept the FACTS instead of bringing it up again.

Much more, but enough, I'm tired, and watching BUFFALO make UK's BB path easier, 14 point lead with about 7 minutes to go. At least I hope so, #2 is VERY impressive. Actually they all are, when the bank is open on three pointers you have it going.

Rut Ro, came back to make a small change, and UK's path might have gotten harder instead of easier, Buffalo leading by TWENTY FIVE with a little over a minute to go. Over and out.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT