ADVERTISEMENT

Thank You Mitch & BBN...

://mobile.twitter.com/
Is anybody seeing this? I'm not good at this stuff. My son sent it to me about UK facilities that I thought "some" on here would like to see what has taken place under MB's watch...more than all other UK ads COMBINED.

Thank you CB3...tried it three different times and it wouldn't work for me...how bout those baseball guys! Gotta find some guys out of the pen.

You just have to click copy link to tweet on Twitter and then click the link and paste the link and post. Should show up like that.

Where in the world did you see that Mitch has done more than all other AD's combined. That's ridiculous.

Thank you CB3...tried it three different times and it wouldn't work for me...how bout those baseball guys! Gotta find some guys out of the pen.
It was nothing, really....:D

I love the new athletics corridor over there. I hope they leave the Arboretum alone in the future. Not saying there has been any rumor about doing anything with it, simply saying as things evolve and expand wide open land tracts tend to be the first to go, as opposed to razing old buildings. Having that sports village right there and then that beautiful park to run right across and relax and enjoy the view....its a great public space.

What is the latest on the Blanding/Kirwan/Boone Center project?

I can’t believe we’d build a new stadium for a team only ranked 8th in the nation. Ridiculous.

New baseball stadium looks really nice. Curious about something...what is what appears to be a big excavated hole in the right center field area?

Peace

New baseball stadium looks really nice. Curious about something...what is what appears to be a big excavated hole in the right center field area?

Peace
Just wish it was built for 7k...with the way NM is going we may need it!!

Peace

That is for the opposing outfielders to run into, they disguise it when we are at bat. The hope is we win some games by attrition.

Two wins over a top five team, go for a sweep tomorrow.

Watching the softball team play Florida, led most of the game 2-1 but they just tied it bottom of the seventh with two on and one out.

Base hit, just lost it, 3-2, lost yesterday 6-0, Florida #1 in the nation, a win would have been nice.

All mitch's fault, lol, if he gets the credit for winning then he gets the credit for losing.

Yeah, LOADS of money rolling in now, over $40,000,000 PER YEAR from the SEC network alone, PLUS the bowl money OTHER programs bring in (UK even a couple hundred thou after a FIVE YEAR DROUGHT when we couldn't even break even, the naming rights a big deal, and hey, after tons of fans on here saying they would never donate a cent for mitch to use as he wants the new football facility was built entirely from donations-------just a sad reminder of how much money we threw away in football with this AD, the 20,000 lost season ticket holders an even bigger financial loss I would guess, still going on.

Even funnier to me (not really) is being able to obligate the athletic department for about a hundred million more than it cost to do the CW renovation, when we couldn't afford the money for new carpet and chairs for the albatross around our neck corner of the warehouse for 15 years.

All due to the tremendous growth of the non revenue sports at the Univ-------wait a minute, all due to the OTHER SEC ADs recognizing what the coming money cow was.

I still say MORE money would have been available for the minor sports if UK football had been given more than bare minimum support for OVER a decade.

Mal Moore made 4 bad hires (Franchione, Shula, Price and Anthony Grant) and still managed legend status. Jeremy Foley was/is held in high esteem, yet hired Ron Zook, Will Moosechump, and Jim McElwain.

Legend status, Mal who, I do remember some guy named Newton that became a legend as an AD at some basketball school.

Pretty sure you guys hate CM Newton.

Not at all, in fact I love UK basketball, SO much easier to follow than UK football for forever, grew up listening to all their games as a kid. Great story of his career on the ESPN series. Lou Groza, Ralph Beard, Barnstable, gorgetting some, won the Olumpics as a team. Cliff Hagan, Frank Ramsey (remember Ramsey playing center when Hagan missed a game and scoring in the 20s), Lou Tsouropolis (SP) great players, no one came close to them the year Rupp turned down the NCAA bid because all of our seniors were ineligible-------because they had graduated, which is one of the things they hold holy now. And Rupp got a bad rep for being prejudiced, not as prejudiced as MOST other people were at the time.

But until the internet I had no idea how badly neglected football was, UK basketball doesn't need any help from any of us, it has had all the support in the world (sometimes too much) for forever.

Busy day today, UK softball tries to win one from the #1 team in the nation on the road at noon, on the SEC network, lost a heartbreaker they were leading until Florida scored tying and walkoff runs in the bottom of the 7th yesterday. UK baseball trying for a sweep against the #3 team in the nation at 1, probably the audio on the UK official athletics site, and the biggest game today UK basketball trying to win its 31st SEC tourney also at 1PM on ESPN--------after you reset your clocks.

Anxious to see if our hot shooter Gabriel can stay hot, unbelievable exhibition yesterday with 7 of 7 from 3 point range, and great to watch him and the whole team celebrate. Hope there isn't a letdown.

Last edited:
Legend status, Mal who, I do remember some guy named Newton that became a legend as an AD at some basketball school.

Mal who? Clearly you don't follow SEC athletics. And yeah, Cash Money Newton is a legend, but for the wrong reason(s). I still hope to see the day when his name is erased from the stadium and put on something more appropriate....like on a restroom or supply closet somewhere on campus.

Mal who? Clearly you don't follow SEC athletics. And yeah, Cash Money Newton is a legend, but for the wrong reason(s). I still hope to see the day when his name is erased from the stadium and put on something more appropriate....like on a restroom or supply closet somewhere on campus.

I haven't seen him on one of ESPN's specials yet, isn't that the proof of greatness? lol It's hard to sink a ship with the IN STATE talent AND tradition that Florida has. They can't go winless as long as they play UK, lol.

Practically all of UK's ADs followed the same pattern-----including mitch, with a vengence -------until the fan strike. Maybe mitch included him in the pictures he hung on a wall somewhere, should have been able to buy his picture with some of the $156,000 he spent on that instead of replacing the folding chairs in the "recruiting room".

And I would guess the big basketball only fans had a big part in that, quite a powerful group. But there was NO excuse for ignoring football when it was obviously emerging as the real money cow.

Last edited:
I haven't seen him on one of ESPN's specials yet, isn't that the proof of greatness? lol

Practically all of UK's ADs followed the same pattern-----including mitch, with a vengence-------until the fan strike.

And I would guess the big basketball only fans had a big part in that, quite a powerful group. No excuse for ignoring football when it was obviously emerging as the real money cow though.

Mitch Barnhart is head and shoulders above any UK athletic director in my lifetime. You can certainly say that's not a very high bar to clear, because it isn't. Trying to argue otherwise or claim that he wouldn't have survived at another SEC school only makes people look petty and foolish.

Well, it's too cold for those TX people here.

I don't know about that, ever heard of a "Norther" in Texas. When I worked for Dupont in Victoria just out of the Army, rotating shifts, I left for work one spring morning when it was 70 degrees in a short sleeved shirt, and caught duty with a hazardous gas detector monitor for a welding crew outside about three stories up with nothing but bare steel beams around, it fell into the thirties by about 10AM, I froze my rear end off.

Gradually got it back, but it took a couple of years.

Mitch Barnhart is head and shoulders above any UK athletic director in my lifetime. You can certainly say that's not a very high bar to clear, because it isn't. Trying to argue otherwise or claim that he wouldn't have survived at another SEC school only makes people look petty and foolish.

Doing a great job since the strike, and with $40,000,000 PLUS a year rolling in from OTHER SEC ADs paying attention to the money cow what else to do, but there was NO excuse for the way he supported football when it was emerging as THE money cow. He still obligated the athletic department for an EXTRA $100,000,000 or so when it couldn't afford to replace the folding chairs in the "recruiting room" for FIFTEEN years, pretty weird to me.

NO excuse for UK fans to go through CONSECUTIVE two win seasons, two wins against OOC foes with NO wins against johnny come latelies from in state.

Yeah, LOADS of money rolling in now, over $40,000,000 PER YEAR from the SEC network alone, PLUS the bowl money OTHER programs bring in (UK even a couple hundred thou after a FIVE YEAR DROUGHT when we couldn't even break even, the naming rights a big deal, and hey, after tons of fans on here saying they would never donate a cent for mitch to use as he wants the new football facility was built entirely from donations-------just a sad reminder of how much money we threw away in football with this AD, the 20,000 lost season ticket holders an even bigger financial loss I would guess, still going on.

Even funnier to me (not really) is being able to obligate the athletic department for about a hundred million more than it cost to do the CW renovation, when we couldn't afford the money for new carpet and chairs for the albatross around our neck corner of the warehouse for 15 years.

All due to the tremendous growth of the non revenue sports at the Univ-------wait a minute, all due to the OTHER SEC ADs recognizing what the coming money cow was.

I still say MORE money would have been available for the minor sports if UK football had been given more than bare minimum support for OVER a decade.
Only a decade , right? Fits your agenda! How about 50/60 YEARS of BASKETBALL ONLY ADS who passed on Howard Schnellenberger TWICE because he wanted control of the football program...there's you some facts! Like I said, MB has done more for ALL UK athletics than all others combined and that includes football!

Reactions: JSDC and The-Hack
It's easy to look petty and foolish when you are!

Reactions: The-Hack
Amen JD!!

Reactions: The-Hack
ADVERTISEMENT