ADVERTISEMENT

Thamel and Forde say UK mentioned in FBI scandal

Sejonesy

Junior
Dec 31, 2017
Two of my least favorite writers, but halfway down in the article they mention Kentucky has been talked about in college hoops corruption trial. Did I miss something? I’ve been following pretty close.

Schools included in the initial set of charging documents in September 2017, and in subsequent superseding indictments, knew this day was coming: Arizona, N.C. State, Kansas, Maryland, Louisville, USC, Auburn and Miami. Others have been mentioned in testimony this week: Alabama, Kentucky, Mississippi State, Washington and Utah. More will follow. On Monday, Judge Lewis A. Kaplan mentioned LSU, Creighton, DePaul, Oklahoma State and Texas to jurors.

Only thing I can think of is that one of the witnesses last week mentioning he wouldn’t let one of his kids visit Kentucky for fear of losing him. Had nothing to do with FBI implicating UK.

Plus it's already been noted that Bam will be brought up at some point due to his former relationship with some shady guy associated with NC State.

Schools included in the initial set of charging documents in September 2017, and in subsequent superseding indictments, knew this day was coming: Arizona, N.C. State, Kansas, Maryland, Louisville, USC, Auburn and Miami. Others have been mentioned in testimony this week: Alabama, Kentucky, Mississippi State, Washington and Utah. More will follow. On Monday, Judge Lewis A. Kaplan mentioned LSU, Creighton, DePaul, Oklahoma State and Texas to jurors.

Only thing I can think of is that one of the witnesses last week mentioning he wouldn’t let one of his kids visit Kentucky for fear of losing him. Had nothing to do with FBI implicating UK.
Only Forde and Thamel would throw UK in there hoping others would think there was wrongdoing on their part.

Every big school may have dirty apporches to get their targets.However,I think cal and k and other successful coach may not as clean as we think. 2017,maybe Richards?He is not good at academy.

Reactions: UK90
If you are writing about some mega-event in baseball, you try to bring in the Yankees. If you are writing about a shake-up on Wall Street, your story gets more attention if you can work in Apple and Amazon. This is just boy-men who have spent their productive years sniffing jock straps and being dissed by 18-year-olds seining the waters for web hits.

I am a Japanese UK fan

Looks more like pig latin.

BQLgnW2.gif

Every big school may have dirty apporches to get their targets.However,I think cal and k and other successful coach may not as clean as we think. 2017,maybe Richards?He is not good at academy.
Can you repost this? But maybe in English?

If you are writing about some mega-event in baseball, you try to bring in the Yankees. If you are writing about a shake-up on Wall Street, your story gets more attention if you can work in Apple and Amazon. This is just boy-men who have spent their productive years sniffing jock straps and being dissed by 18-year-olds seining the waters for web hits.

As usual you nailed it sir

Hmm where's Duke and UNC. Oh wait they don't cheat. Only every chance they get.

I bet a $1,000,000 this is what Dick V was referring to. He'd never say a word if it was an ACC school.

Really means nothing since UK did nothing. BTW, BAM was offered money to go to N.C. State. He didn't go there so I'm assuming he didn't get paid.

FBI, & NCAA have spent the summer making sure they covered all of Duke's tracks. :)

FBI look into Nike & Bagley? Or is this all selective justice?

Oh, I thought that blurb was from the initial reporting a while back. Well, if there was anything more than a mention it would be out by now.

Only Forde and Thamel would throw UK in there hoping others would think there was wrongdoing on their part.

100% correct and the audience they’re going after for hits IS US. They know if they mention UK they will get hits. So why not throw the name in there, even if it’s of minimal importance and see if it works. Could there be more than the bam and Knox info we already know about? Sure, I guess, but i doubt it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT