ADVERTISEMENT

Texas and Oklahoma have formally requested SEC Membership

Yeah, weird.

But the supplicants' letter states 2025?!?!
Contractual legalities. The.opposing lawyers have.not met to hash out a buyout, and I wonder if the conference talk won't include the conference aiding a buyout in some fashion....such as only partially shared revenue money to the two new teams until (x) dollars is met.

What the two newbies are hoping is OK state petitions the Big 10 ,.WVU the ACC or everyone join the Pac 12.....then the conference and it's contracts would no longer exist.

Baylor to CUSA
ISU to B10
kU to B 10
KSU to B 10
WVU to ACC
okie st ask to join SEC too
Same for TT and TCU-at least 1, but maybe all get denied and end up in CUSA

OR they raid Houston and maybe a couple of other schools to join Big 12

Baylor to CUSA
ISU to B10
kU to B 10
KSU to B 10
WVU to ACC
okie st ask to join SEC too
Same for TT and TCU-at least 1, but maybe all get denied and end up in CUSA

OR they raid Houston and maybe a couple of other schools to join Big 12
Why would Baylor, TT or TCU ever consider dropping from a Power 5 Conference down to CUSA? I actually think if the Big12 wants to save face they pursue schools like Cincy, Memphis, Central Florida or maybe try to rob the Pac12 of Colorado and/or Utah

Why would Baylor, TT or TCU ever consider dropping from a Power 5 Conference down to CUSA? I actually think if the Big12 wants to save face they pursue schools like Cincy, Memphis, Central Florida or maybe try to rob the Pac12 of Colorado and/or Utah
Not by choice, but rumor is that other schools are looking to bolt. If True, it’s hard to see the conference surviving. I don’t think the one’s left can’t just join a major conference because they want to.
Whether they stay and snatch a few schools like you mentioned, or they go to a different conference—either way, it’s hard to consider it a power conference if there are no power teams left.

I just read an article that ESPN still owed 160 million for the next ten years of the Longhorn Network. There is some chatter of that being used in some way for the Big 12 buyout....shortening the time frame from 2025 to quite a bit sooner.
Lawyer and accountant time.

ADVERTISEMENT