ADVERTISEMENT

Texas A&M

A&Ms President and AD have both released statements that they look forward to many years ahead in the SEC...as they stated, the best sports conference in the nation.
They are 'proud to be the Texas team that paved the way into the SEC"

Sounds like a 14-0 vote in favor tonight.

But they won't be quality recruits if you're getting your brains beat in every week. Even Stoops is not in favor of more SEC games and there will be more league games if this expansion happens.

Also, if expansion happens does this nix the 12 game college football playoff? Nobody will want to watch 6 or 7 SEC teams in a playoff if they've already seen them play during the regular season.

False.

Animosity between UTexas and TAMU runs quite deep here in the Lone Star State. I've worked with grads from both schools. Heh, one certain director I worked with came under fire because he's a TAMU grad, usually only hired TAMU grads and discarded most resumes submitted by UTexas grads. As he once told me, "Aggies have their heads on straight".

Even the respective higher learning systems, University of Texas System and Texas A&M University System, are considered enormous by US standards. Combined enrollment nears 400,000 students.

Governor Abbott is a UTexas undergrad AND Vanderbilt Law grad. I'm quite sure he'll bless this deal. Unlike late Lt. Governor Bob Bullock (Texas Tech '56, Baylor Law '58), who literally forced the Big XII merger, current Lt. Governor Dan Patrick is an "outsider" and therefore enjoys minimal input. Local talk radio reported Waco (Baylor) and Lubbock (Texas Tech) state reps plan on lobbying for their respective constituents. Big money and brand recognition are at stake.

Interesting times, for sure.

What is the legislation a few of the reps are trying to rush through that allows the Texas state legislature to have a say in school's athletic conferences?

Ain’t nobody wanting out of the SEC. Vandy may never win a conference game again, but they’ll gladly take SEC money.
We sure as heck and leaving as a founding member to go join a lesser conference.
TAMU might be mad, but they ain’t stupid. Plus, they are right now the school with a team better than TX.

ADVERTISEMENT