ADVERTISEMENT

Texas A&M

It made sense to try to throw on TAMU. Wilson just didn't step up to the task. Still, coaches needed to recognize that it wasn't working and should have played some more smash mouth football.

Stoops did not want to hurt TW's feelings and destroy his confidence, so he gave them the game instead.

Terry Wilson has played good for the first half of season but he was not good against A&M. Stoops needs to give one of the other quarterbacks a try when Wilson isn’t performing. You can’t be one dimensional and consistently win.

Reactions: 1977CatFan
Last week the backup looked better than Bentley. Not flashy but effecient. I’m thankful Muschamp left Bentley in as long as he did.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Last week the backup looked better than Bentley. Not flashy but effecient. I’m thankful Muschamp left Bentley in as long as he did.

He played against Mizzou. We should bear that in mind. Mizzou is a putrid team defensively.

Reactions: ukgrad2004
I'm still confused on this thread.

1. Texas Am won the game (Barely beat UK in OT).
2. This game was in South Carolina...UK game was in Texas

This all lines up with how the three games with UK vs. USC, UK vs. Texas AM and USC v.s Texas AM ended.

1. UK is better than South Carolina (beat them solidly)
2. Texas AM is better than South Carolina (beat them on road)
3. Texas AM might be better than UK or maybe not.....UK played them to OT at Texas AM. WHo knows how a neutral game would unfold

I just rewatched the TA&M game. They would have absolutely lost this game if not for multiple obvious no calls especially in the second half. The missed blocks in the back were obvious to everyone except the official staring right at the play.

On the two most successful pass plays in the second half TAM ran pick plays to get the receiver open on both plays. The wide receiver picked for the TE on the first play and the TE picked for the WR on the next play.
Hand it to Jimbo on using picks/illegal screens to get receivers open and Gran or Stoops are going to have to start using them on occasion to get our receivers open.
If nothing else, just to see if these blind officials will suddenly regain their sight and call a penalty on us for doing what other teams are allowed to get by with.

Reactions: rupp876
ADVERTISEMENT