ADVERTISEMENT

Tevin Mack to Bama

Jan 29, 2011
Just saw on SVP sportscenter bottom line that Mack is transferring to Alabama from Texas.
Good to see other conference teams improving, toughen the CATS up for the title run!

Considering Mack is listed as a guard, I don't see how this matters. Unless they needed to free up a spot. Also, I just saw that this transfer was announced in late February.

Last edited:
Doesn't look like they needed to free up a spot, unless there a couple transfers I don't know about. Roster at ESPN had 14 on this past seasons roster, two of which were walk-ons. They lost 4 seniors and Allen. They have 4 incoming freshman listed on Rivals. That's 11.

Has to sit out a year and has two to play. Good player, but somewhat troubled. Avery will have Bama competing at a high level quickly IMO.

Reactions: Cawood86
Well, don't great players want to play with great players? Subtraction by defection on a 11 win team can't be all bad can it?

Or is Bamba simply being told to wait while we settle the Johnson/Hami decisions?

What kind of guy is Bamba? Does he want to be 'the guy'?

Great get for Bama for a transition from next year once Sexton goes pro.

They also got Armond Davis (6.0 PPG last year) back. He will provide great depth for them this year since they will rely on a couple rookies heavily (Sexton, Petty)

Their team is Sexton, Petty, Ingrim, Key, Giddens - Norris, Davis, AJ Jr., Hall, with Reese, Jones and Smith as other freshmen coming in and Mack sitting out. I count 13 total.

Great get for Bama for a transition from next year once Sexton goes pro.

They also got Armond Davis (6.0 PPG last year) back. He will provide great depth for them this year since they will rely on a couple rookies heavily (Sexton, Petty)

Their team is Sexton, Petty, Ingrim, Key, Giddens - Norris, Davis, AJ Jr., Hall, with Reese, Jones and Smith as other freshmen coming in and Mack sitting out. I count 13 total.

WAIT, didnt Armond davis transfer...... I believe he did after one season with Bama

ADVERTISEMENT