ADVERTISEMENT

Tevin Mack still on the board...

rabidcatfan

All-SEC
Jan 25, 2003
Top 60 small forward still on the board. Not sure if Cal and Co. is interested, but definitely worth a look, all things considered.

In light of our recent recruiting misses, I really hope Cal at least gives the kid a look before he ends up committing to Georgia or Texas.

In light of our recent recruiting misses, I really hope Cal at least gives the kid a look before he ends up committing to Georgia or Texas.

Are those his leaders? Would be a nice addition. A 3-4 year guy that we need.

Wonder why he has taken so long to commit somewhere. Waiting on other offers? Family issue?

One thing is he out of official visits. May not be one of these kids like a certain kid that just commited to Cal....that can get out of his area and take a visit on a whim

Wonder why he has taken so long to commit somewhere. Waiting on other offers? Family issue?

He was committed to VCU. He just recently received his release from his LOI after Shaka left.

Kansas is making a very strong push for him (Self appeared to know he was going to miss on his higher rated targets this spring, and really started going after him hard before those other targets even announced). Shaka is trying to get him to follow him to Texas.

Reactions: stankum
how tall is he? The other guy available , Vick, is only 6'4''. That's not SF material to me.

Is love to add a couple of kids like him to each class to mix in with the 5 stars, gives you continuity and a base to rely upon and won't have such a huge learning curve for the whole team. Makes it easier on our coaches as well.

As far as this kid goes from that little clip (can't tell anything h those) is that he is somewhat athletic and has loose handles. Raw but has a good foundation to work with.
I'd take him if I could watch him I'm person to see how he is as a player (team, skillset, etc).

I'd rather go with what we have; and keep that ride open for next season.

I agree. No need in bringing in a kid who might clog up the wing down the road. UK could very easily have a few elites commit by next fall with the instant playing time available. Pass on Mack.

Do I hear a guarantee? ;)
I'd think this season has shown that their is nothing set in stone regarding recruits and where their going to play.

Do I hear a guarantee? ;)
I'd think this season has shown that their is nothing set in stone regarding recruits and where their going to play.

But hasn't Cal's track record provided our program with a better batting average than the last month dictated? I'll go with Cal's ability to routinely land five stars over the bizarre anomaly of this spring's failures.

Well the reason why I bring that up is because we have gone after a good bit of Wings and we do seem to have more difficulty in landing them than other positions.
We have gotten some good ones in Young and MKG but have struck out on many more of em. Much more so than the ones we landed compared to the other positions.

We had the year in 2013 because Cal was holding schollies for the next year for the motherlode and it came back to bite us. He even admitted that he didn't want too many people on the roster because of who was coming in and he wanted there to be room. Mack would be a good get but we could use a center right now. If something happens to Skal we are cooked. No depth at that position.

We had the year in 2013 because Cal was holding schollies for the next year for the motherlode and it came back to bite us. He even admitted that he didn't want too many people on the roster because of who was coming in and he wanted there to be room. Mack would be a good get but we could use a center right now. If something happens to Skal we are cooked. No depth at that position.

If anything happens with Skal, we are sunk no matter who else we get.

Even if we added another big, they won't be as good as Labissiere.

Can't worry about injuries.

ADVERTISEMENT