ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee

Louis_Skunt

Senior
Oct 4, 2013
If the Vols ever had a coach that looks exactly like a Tennessee resident, its Heupel. Looks like he should be selling fireworks outside of Bristol.

Also, whats the deal with the fans and overalls? Is the goal to accept and embrace the hillbilly look? I dont get it.

He’s not that good really. Tennessee is just cheating at a record pace trying to win games. He was the first coach at Tennessee who could let the boosters run wild with no repercussions. Just the right time and right place.

The guys a joke.

If the Vols ever had a coach that looks exactly like a Tennessee resident, its Heupel. Looks like he should be selling fireworks outside of Bristol.

Also, whats the deal with the fans and overalls? Is the goal to accept and embrace the hillbilly look? I dont get it.
Never really got Kentuckians making fun of people from Tenn. or vice versa. Aside from school loyalty people from Kentucky and Tenn (at least the eastern parts) aren't really all that different. Kind of like the pot calling the kettle

Never really got Kentuckians making fun of people from Tenn. or vice versa. Aside from school loyalty people from Kentucky and Tenn (at least the eastern parts) aren't really all that different. Kind of like the pot calling the kettle
It annoys me too but is kinda the epitome of us being a border state between the North and South and Midwest. You have parts of the state the relate more to Ohio, Indiana, Mizzou, and Kansas even if 70% of the counties relate more to the southeast.

I mean you see it within our own state and on this board cracking jokes at EKY and “billy bob from Pike Co”. My Freshman year at UK I had a professor ask if anyone in the class was from Pikeville and then proceeded to state that they wouldn’t pass his class and were inbred and backwards. Multiple other examples of ppl making comments like “pikeville is where the blue ppl are from (inaccurate but when have facts mattered)”

Typically, the further south you go, the more inbred people you see. Furthermore, look at the crowd....i dont see 350 pound hillbillies wearing overalls at UK games. Ive also never seen them throw golf balls or trash the field. How can you not see a difference?

It annoys me too but is kinda the epitome of us being a border state between the North and South and Midwest. You have parts of the state the relate more to Ohio, Indiana, Mizzou, and Kansas even if 70% of the counties relate more to the southeast.

I mean you see it within our own state and on this board cracking jokes at EKY and “billy bob from Pike Co”. My Freshman year at UK I had a professor ask if anyone in the class was from Pikeville and then proceeded to state that they wouldn’t pass his class and were inbred and backwards. Multiple other examples of ppl making comments like “pikeville is where the blue ppl are from (inaccurate but when have facts mattered)”
Nah man, the only people who think that are in Jefferson county, and 3 counties in NKY. Kentucky is southern to the core. My family comes from TN, MS, GA, NC, and VA. Missouri too.

ummm no. Half my family is from Kentucky and I’ve lived in Tennessee my entire life. Look at the fan bases. They act totally different too.

Kentucky people are extremely classy. Tennessee people (Memphis, Nashville, East) whew. Lots of trashy ghetto people. Nowhere near the same. Look at Kentucky cities. Compare that to Tennessee cities. The differences I could go on.

• Haha
Reactions: Orange_N_White
Half the people in east Tennessee including Knoxville live in manufactured housing. I am not putting it down, just sayin.

Reactions: Gromcat
ummm no. Half my family is from Kentucky and I’ve lived in Tennessee my entire life. Look at the fan bases. They act totally different too.

Kentucky people are extremely classy. Tennessee people (Memphis, Nashville, East) whew. Lots of trashy ghetto people. Nowhere near the same. Look at Kentucky cities. Compare that to Tennessee cities. The differences I could go on.
Voltards are in the same league as IUsedtobe fans in delusion and impotent rage.

Lol , guys it’s all in fun. I work with a lot of Kentucky fans and they are good friends of mine. I honestly respect what stoops has done at uk. But I bleed orange as you bleed blue. Will be an awesome game between us

The only weird thing is I haven’t seen UT fans anywhere, even in my home state of Tennessee, for years and years. They either all went into hiding or became Alabama fans.

And here you are. It’s like seeing my great aunt again who was a UT fan that died 14 years ago. She died thinking y’all win football games. I’m sure she’s be an Alabama fan today though.

Reactions: KYExtemper
Ok I respect your deceased wired aunt. But I have never wavered on my team. Like I said, I work with several Kentucky guys and this makes it fun. But I’m sorry if I upset you. Best of luck until you play chum Lee as y’all call him

I think both states are alike in a lot of ways. I think the Smokys are more picturesque than what we have in EKy—and props that they can capitalize on that.

You can’t deny the population bases, though. Nashville, Memphis and Knoxville/OakRidge bring it to the table.

Chattanooga I have to say I’ve developed a place in my heart for. The downtown has come along, and they have some eclectic scenery.

No personal income tax? Tempting.

Lol , guys it’s all in fun. I work with a lot of Kentucky fans and they are good friends of mine. I honestly respect what stoops has done at uk. But I bleed orange as you bleed blue. Will be an awesome game between us
Yet you're here. I guess when youre irrelevant in both sports you tend to venture?

Your football team hasn't been a contender since I was playing Nintendo and your basketball team has an elite 8 banner. Lets face it, UT is a womens program....and a has been at that.

I think both states are alike in a lot of ways. I think the Smokys are more picturesque than what we have in EKy—and props that they can capitalize on that.

You can’t deny the population bases, though. Nashville, Memphis and Knoxville/OakRidge bring it to the table.

Chattanooga I have to say I’ve developed a place in my heart for. The downtown has come along, and they have some eclectic scenery.

No personal income tax? Tempting.
Tennesse has sales tax ranging from 7-10% and also tax groceries. Florida doesn’t have state tax but most of them charge about 3 times higher property taxes than Ky. They all get you one way or another.

Reactions: The-Hack

Blue Fugates are from Knott and Perry..

ADVERTISEMENT