ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee Meme's

How did you do in them? For teams like UT, I would think just getting there doesn't matter. It should only matter if you win. I know for us in basketball, we couldn't care less if we made it to the SEC Championship Game. It only matters if we win it.
You said we haven't done anything, making the SECG is doing something. For example on two other teams in the SEC has made it more than us. Win or lose making it is a big deal.

I'm not sure why Tennessee fans are on here getting offended. This is a UK message board so they either need to grow thicker skin or go back to the Vols message boards. Yeah they will most likely beat uk this Saturday. However the basketball team blew them out in Knoxville last year and will beat them twice this year.
Who's offended? And you're right, your BB team will beat us again like usual.

Did we play in an SEC championship game in 07...? 20 years has been such a short time....

When is the last time yall won a bowl game?

Ok, so it's been 8 years since you've even played for an sec title. Nobody cares about the team that loses that game. Tennessee hasn't won the SEC since '98. Congratulations on winning the Taxslayer Bowl last year though. For how prestigious you vol fans think your football program is, winning that bowl game should be an embarrassment. I'd equate that to Kentucky winning the NIT in basketball.

Reactions: BigBlueCatNation
Ok, so it's been 8 years since you've even played for an sec title. Nobody cares about the team that loses that game. Tennessee hasn't won the SEC since '98. Congratulations on winning the Taxslayer Bowl last year though. For how prestigious you vol fans think your football program is, winning that bowl game should be an embarrassment. I'd equate that to Kentucky winning the NIT in basketball.

We have struggled post-Fulmer. Nothing we can do to change that except try to get better going forward.

Butch won 5 games in year 1, 7 in year 2, and will probably win 8 or 9 in year 3.

Whether other fan bases want to realize it or not, the bulk of talent on our roster is sophomores and freshman. We have quantifiable improvement in the form of an 8 or 9 win season, we will have another very solid class.

Vol fans do not act like we are still elite. We are simply pleased with the progress we see on the field. 8 regular season wins would be our best in several years... Not where we want to be forever, but to act like a fan base shouldn't be pleased with improvement is irrational.

Where is this so called improvement? How does Jones record compare to Dooley's through the same number of games? How long has it been since you beat your biggest "rival" Florida? How long has it been since you beat Alabama? How long has it been since you beat a team from the SEC West?

The answers to these questions do not scream "elite program". I am not so sure that they even say improvement?

Just wait until next year. LOL

Where is this so called improvement? How does Jones record compare to Dooley's through the same number of games? How long has it been since you beat your biggest "rival" Florida? How long has it been since you beat Alabama? How long has it been since you beat a team from the SEC West?

The answers to these questions do not scream "elite program". I am not so sure that they even say improvement?

Watch a Dooley team play and watch a Jones team play... Tell me which team is better. We are light years better than we were under Dooley...

You can't take the record at face value when Butch is only 2.5 seasons in.

We will go 8-4 this year with a chance at a 9 win season pending the bowl victory. Dooley would have never touched that.

We aren't elite right now but Butch has our margin of defeat and number of victories trending in the right direction.

You couldn't ask about UGA, which also had a streak going... Butch ended that.

Did Dooley ever beat South Carolina? Butch hasn't lost to them.

And Dooley lost to Kentucky... Don't really need to elaborate here. We all know the history.

It would seem logical to compare 2.5 of Dooley's record to 2.5 of Butch's as my comment was about comparing records through the same number of games. Oh and by the way didn't a Dooley team handle a "Jones team" the only time the two met?

You are on a UK board bragging about moral victories, think about that for a minute. That says all that needs to be said about the state of UT football.

It would seem logical to compare 2.5 of Dooley's record to 2.5 of Butch's as my comment was about comparing records through the same number of games. Oh and by the way didn't a Dooley team handle a "Jones team" the only time the two met?

You are on a UK board bragging about moral victories, think about that for a minute. That says all that needs to be said about the state of UT football.

Who said moral victories??

I've simply stated we are getting better. Taking the record at face value is not an adequate measure of where we are. Hold judgement for the entire season. Butch goes 6-6 again, I'll have big time concerns... He goes 8-4, I'm encouraged (still not "back" or "elite")

What happened to all the memes? I really like the "CousinsOnly" one with the UT couple kissing it up, although to be truthful you could almost interchange UK and UT logos on these memes.

" We aren't elite right now but Butch has our margin of defeat and number of victories trending in the right direction."

That sure sounds like a statement about moral victories. Maybe "better margin of defeat" sounds better than "moral victories". I'll let you be the judge of that.

" We aren't elite right now but Butch has our margin of defeat and number of victories trending in the right direction."

That sure sounds like a statement about moral victories. Maybe "better margin of defeat" sounds better than "moral victories". I'll let you be the judge of that.

So getting beat by single 1 score by big time opponents isn't an improvement over getting beat by 3+ scores?? You understand that 2 or 3 years ago teams like Oregon and Bama boat raced us. Now we take those types of team to the wire.

Not sure what's so hard to understand here... Winning more games and closer in the ones we lose... It's improvement. It's a program making steps towards what we want to be again... Lol come on dude...

Last time I checked losing by any score is LOSING. If you go 8-4 you will have done so by beating 1 team the rest of the season that currently has a winning record with one of those wins coming against a team that is currently winless. Is that where you "want to be again"?

Losers talk about close losses, winners talk about big wins. Good luck on your road "back" wherever the hell that is.

Just out of curiosity, did you go to the Bama and Florida boards and remind them that you didn't lose as bad to them this year as you did in the past?

Last time I checked losing by any score is LOSING. If you go 8-4 you will have done so by beating 1 team that currently has a winning record with one of those wins coming against a team that is currently winless. Is that where you "want to be again"?

Losers talk about close losses, winners talk about big wins. Good luck on your road "back" wherever the hell that is.

Just out of curiosity, did you go to the Bama and Florida boards and remind them that you didn't lose as bad to them this year as you did in the past?

8-4 isn't where we want to be, but it's a hell of a lot better than the 5-7 and 6-6 season we have had for several years... Once again, not hard what is hard to understand about that.

Once again, let's judge our W's and L's when the season is over.

I did not spend any time on UF or Bama boards.

"8-4 isn't where we want to be, but it's a hell of a lot better than the 5-7 and 6-6 season we have had for several years... Once again, not hard what is hard to understand about that."

UT's new cheer...."We're not as bad as we used to be".

[roll]

We have struggled post-Fulmer. Nothing we can do to change that except try to get better going forward.

Butch won 5 games in year 1, 7 in year 2, and will probably win 8 or 9 in year 3.

Whether other fan bases want to realize it or not, the bulk of talent on our roster is sophomores and freshman. We have quantifiable improvement in the form of an 8 or 9 win season, we will have another very solid class.

Vol fans do not act like we are still elite. We are simply pleased with the progress we see on the field. 8 regular season wins would be our best in several years... Not where we want to be forever, but to act like a fan base shouldn't be pleased with improvement is irrational.

no, you guys think
You couldn't ask about UGA, which also had a streak going... Butch ended that.

Did Dooley ever beat South Carolina? Butch hasn't lost to them.

And Dooley lost to Kentucky... Don't really need to elaborate here. We all know the history.

That last statement may come back to haunt you over the coming years.

"8-4 isn't where we want to be, but it's a hell of a lot better than the 5-7 and 6-6 season we have had for several years... Once again, not hard what is hard to understand about that."

UT's new cheer...."We're not as bad as we used to be".

[roll]

Your internet friends think you are hilarious. Rationality doesn't go far in this board.

Sorry you are a Kentucky fan that lives in Tennessee. Hopefully you lived it up that one time you beat us.

i love Tennessee, i respect the University of Tennessee, I love the mountains, I love Nashville, and Ive spent more time than I wanted to in West Tennessee (north Mississippi). Its the fanbase I don't get on with much, with notable exceptions here and there.

10670110_822990174410768_8001291237578928906_n.jpg

Your internet friends think you are hilarious. Rationality doesn't go far in this board.

Sorry you are a Kentucky fan that lives in Tennessee. Hopefully you lived it up that one time you beat us.

Once maybe in your lifetime, but not mine. In addition, you barely beat Kentucjy a lot of those times anyway. This was while you actually tried to compete in football and we didn't.

"Sorry you are a Kentucky fan that lives in Tennessee. Hopefully you lived it up that one time you beat us."

Actually it has been a lot of fun living here watching your football team suck the last several years.
I also enjoy an annual visit to Thompson Boling excluding year before last. Hopefully you get to see a good team there once a year too. Looking forward to this years visit also.

"Sorry you are a Kentucky fan that lives in Tennessee. Hopefully you lived it up that one time you beat us."

Actually it has been a lot of fun living here watching your football team suck the last several years.
I also enjoy an annual visit to Thompson Boling excluding year before last. Hopefully you get to see a good team there once a year too. Looking forward to this years visit also.

Score prediction for Saturday??

I don't do too well predicting UK games. That's why I swore off betting on their games years ago. I honestly believe this one could play out a number of different ways but I feel the odds makers have the spread figured out pretty close.

Reactions: bleedorange2316
What happened to all the memes? I really like the "CousinsOnly" one with the UT couple kissing it up, although to be truthful you could almost interchange UK and UT logos on these memes.
I sent her that one. Thank you. She will grow to appreciate it

Do you really want to get historical between these two programs?

06, 07, 08.. glory years of UK football, I guess

Seem to have hit a nerve there. Yep, I just got historical. You made a point of the last time we won a bowl game. I reminded you that in the most recent 10 year HISTORY that gives us one more than you. That's gotta hurt no matter how you slice it.

ADVERTISEMENT