ADVERTISEMENT

Team that grew the most in 1 game

Aside from Briscoe we have so many finesse players on this team.

This game will be good for us.

Ignite Poy possibly?

Real education for Skal, Lee and Humphries moving forward.

We are starting to show some grit.

These guys must come out of their comfort zone and once they do we will be really good.
Most of them are playing pretty soft so far this year, but they are a very young team.

Not sure whether we get there or not, but we definitely have the potential to become a tough, balls to the wall team by March.

Poythress needs to embrace contact and draw fouls. If you're going to miss at least get the foul. That's what Duke's doing.
Lee is manning up though.

Reactions: brianpoe
We have to get tough Poe. Your right. If we could rebound we'd be up 20. We need to get aggressive out there. Killer instinct baby

Damn its most of these guys 3rd college game . Lighten up . No one gets to be more negative than me -- LOL

I'm fine with a potentially great team having a lot of things to work on as the season develops. Last year we peaked waaaay too early. Humphries by season's end could be friggin' 100 percent better, for instance.

Damn its most of these guys 3rd college game . Lighten up . No one gets to be more negative than me -- LOL

you must not remember the team with Harrow and Goodwin. Besides Goodwin and Noel when healthy they were pretty soft......

I am. Nerlens was a killer. We have no Nerlens. Also had a poor mans WCS...

2010 - Cousins, PPat, Wall, Bledsoe
2011 - Jorts, Jones, Knight
2012 - AD, Jones, MKG
2013 - Nerlens
2014 - Randle, WCS, Dakari
2015 - KAT, Dakari, WCS
2016 - ?

Seems like more of an accurate analysis more than a criticism to me. These guys will get tougher. They're not scared to play, but they are nervous on the big stage and these new "don't touch anyone" rules have an affect on these guys.

Of all people Dan....

Doesn't matter how far along we are in the season, this squad is currently softest out of the gate. Lots to learn.

Very smart squad I think they will learn.

Admittedly the thread topic was edgy on purpose.

2012 - AD, Jones, MKG
2013 - Nerlens
2015 - KAT, Dakari, WCS
2016 - ?
Right now it's Marcus Lee.

I'd love for us to add names here after the 2nd half.

Can Cal toughen them up in one half time?

We've been soft in the first half but I'm not too worried, it's only November and I'll bet we see a totally different team in March. Plus, we're still winning this game right now.

I think the good thing is, we have the horses. They just need to get used to this stage and playing together. For the 3rd game and to be this young, color me happy!! You can get tough and learn to block the hell out if you got the athletes. And we damn sure do!! Team is gonna be scarey good. You cant teach IQ as much as positions and startegy and we play smart already!! Love this teams potential.

2012 - AD, Jones, MKG
2013 - Nerlens
2015 - KAT, Dakari, WCS
2016 - ?

Dude you think WCS was a fighter??? Lmao!!!! Dakari????? Lmao!!!!

I like the look of this bunch A TON . Yeah we need to toughen up and be more aggressive on the glass , but we look good .

I did read it jackwagon. We are SMOKING the #5 team in the country but we still have fans that post this crap? BE HAPPY, take your negativity to the football board, Plenty to complain about there

I did read it jackwagon. We are SMOKING the #5 team in the country but we still have fans that post this crap? BE HAPPY, take your negativity to the football board, Plenty to complain about there

Ty, you are being juvenile, i agree with you all the time, this was posted early in the second half and you just are not smart enough to keep up.

It was a progression thread.

Stop making yourself look silly, i still love ya.

Kids are getting tougher but started off way too soft.

WHY?? because we disagree?? ...agree to disagree. We are playing great. Our issue, if any are not because we are soft. Its because of foul trouble. We look great. Listen to the announcers, they cant guard us, our guards are elite and the best in the country, our bigs are athletic. etc. Be happy man.

WHY?? because we disagree?? ...agree to disagree. We are playing great. Our issue, if any are not because we are soft. Its because of foul trouble. We look great. Listen to the announcers, they cant guard us, our guards are elite and the best in the country, our bigs are athletic. etc. Be happy man.

Really Ty?

Cannot you not read the times of the posts?

There is no disagreement here unless you do not believe we didnt get pushed around early in the game.

The thread evolved as we got tougher and tougher.

You sound like a homer that is blinded. We were soft early, the OP wondered if we would come out of our comfort zones and play with more grit and we did.

Stop being a baby. The title was edgy on purpose to spark discussion.

Get over yourself.

To close this thread, our kids showed a ton of grit and played tough.

I think this game will help more than any other game we have ever played since Cal came here.

I havent seen a team evolve like we did tonight.

The zebras kept this from being a total thrashing.

I see big things for this group.

Oh please, this team is nowhere near as soft as the 2013 team so far.

Reactions: W2R
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT