ADVERTISEMENT

Team Overview & Game Prediction: Texas A&M vs. Kentucky

BlueRattie

Sophomore
Feb 6, 2014
I spent some time this week watching replays of A&M's games vs. Clemson, Alabama, and Arkansas to try to get an idea of what UK is up against this Saturday. Here are some casual observations on Texas A&M:

OFFENSE

Players to watch:

· # 11 Kellen Mond, QB, SO:6' 2", 210 -- Run oriented quarterback in the mold of Terry Wilson. Very quick, very fast, but not terribly accurate. Does not possess a particularly strong arm and is clearly in the developmental stages of his career. Is dangerous in the open field but surprisingly inaccurate in the intermediate passing game.

· #5 Trayveon Williams, RB, JR: 5' 9", 200 – Feature back with nearly 2000 yards his career so far. Bowling ball type runner with a low center of gravity. Great speed and body that does major damage when the holes are there. However, he does not have great feet or vision. Rarely makes “shift” moves for extra yardage. Seems like he should get more yards out of his talent than he does.

· #2 Jhamon Ausbon, WR, SO: 6' 2", 220 – Big-bodied possession receiver that thrives on physicality at the point of the catch. They like to run him on crossing routes and intermediate corner / sideline routes. Not a burner (YPC is under 15 per catch) and not a threat in the bubble screen game. His game does not mesh well with Mond’s, but it’s the best they have.

· #54 Carson Green, OL, SO: 6' 6", 300 – A&M his high hopes for Green, who they consider the top talent in their OL. He has the size and instincts to make an impact in the run game. But can he handle Allen / Watson in the pass game?

Packages & Schemes:

· The first thing you’ll see is that it’s surprisingly old-school. They do their share of shotgun sets with 3 and 4 wide, but they’ll also go under center with two TE’s or a HB paired with a FB. In the running game they’ll give you your traditional dives and guard-pull sweeps, dives, and the occasional read option. They also throw in some designed QB draws. It’s clear that Fisher wants an athlete at QB because he picked Monds over a more productive passer in the spring. Ideally, they want to ram it down your throat and only pass when they have to. I like their mix of size and athleticism at WR and they have a stable of athletic (if unproven) RB’s. The OL is clearly the weak link, as it is both inexperienced and has struggle against ‘Bama, Clemson, and even Arkansas. Basically, it all comes down to Monds. If he’s missing his intermediate routes you can bully them in the box. If he on, then the threat of the pass can open some real running lanes for the QB.

Overall: I like the matchup here for Kentucky. Their offense is very much like MSU's, only without as much experience. Mond can be tough out, but he's not the power runner Fitz is. They are extremely dependent on the run, which plays right into UK's strengths. I really like UK's front seven vs. A&M's OL. That's going to be a huge advantage for us.

DEFENSE:

Players to watch:

· #46 Landis Durham, DE/OLB, SR: 6' 3", 255 – Hybrid Josh Allen type that excels at rushing the passer. Had double-digit sacks last year from end position. Only average in coverage and can be overwhelmed at the point of attack. Aggies tend to have him line up on the weak side of the formation in a 2 point stance. On obvious passing downs he can be a holy terror.

· #25 Tyrel Dodson, SLB, Jr: 6' 2", 242 – The most versatile of their LB, Dodson doesn’t get the media attention that Durham gets but is perhaps a more vital cog in the defense. Covers TE’s and RB’s out of the backfield and plays the run well. Is often asked to be a 3-4 Jack on one down and a 4-3 SLB on another. When he plays well, the defense plays well.

· #6 Donovan Wilson, S, SR: 6' 1", 207 – One of the few upperclassmen in a young but talented secondary. Wilson is active in the run game and patrols centerfield with authority. If UK allows him to stay in the box all night we'll have trouble.

Packages and Schemes:

· A&M prides itself on being very multiple and not bound to any one particular scheme. This is evident when watching them on film. Their base defense will have three down linemen, a DE / OLB in a 2-point stance over the weakside tackle (usually Durham) and three linebackers. So it looks like a 4-3 with one of their DE’s in standing up. When they switch to nickel, that’s when things get interesting. They may go to a 4-2-5, a 3-3-5, or a straight nickel. They don’t come at you with a lot of numbers on the blitz. Instead, they like to get penetration from the D-line and create confusion with multiple looks. Their secondary features great length, but it is also very young. The LB's are a bit on the light side but very athletic and quick to the ball. Their DL is made up of unusually light DT’s, so don't look for any 330 lbs lane cloggers. The D-Linemen are more like Oliver at Houston--light and quick off the snap.

Overall: This feels like a bad matchup for A&M. I think that their scheme was meant to stop spread offenses, not old-fashioned ground and pound. They're light every where (much like USC is) and vulnerable to the power running game. Normally, I'd say that they'd simply stack the box, but their secondary is extremely young and has had injury issues as well. Again, I think these factors work in UK's favor.

Final Analysis: Early in the year, I penciled this in as a loss for UK. Now that UK is much better than I expected I have to rethink that notion. Plus, A&M seems to be going through the growing pains of switching coaches, with lots of nice blocks that belong in someone else's set of Legos. It may take a few years before Jimbo get's what he wants on offense and defense. Until then, Kentucky has the identity, the talent, and the experience. If Wilson can be just good enough to keep eight men out of the box, Stoops will be draining the clock in the 3rd quarter: UK 27 - A&M 17

Great write up, thank you! Just makes me that much more confident going in to the game.

Winning in the Swamp already this year makes me believe that we can handle the 12th man of A&M. Also, as it has been noted by former players, Stoops thrives in getting his team to play good in road game environments. Look forward to Saturday!

Great write up, thank you! Just makes me that much more confident going in to the game.

Winning in the Swamp already this year makes me believe that we can handle the 12th man of A&M. Also, as it has been noted by former players, Stoops thrives in getting his team to play good in road game environments. Look forward to Saturday!

No problem. I'm going to try to do a write up like this every week.

Pretty good write up. I can tell you our fanbase is very excited about this game and fairly nervous/anxious. A lot of respect for KU. I think it'll be a very close game and looking forward to watching.

A couple of thoughts, and opinions about our team:

Mond - I'd agree with most of what the OP wrote. He was terribly inaccurate last year and most thought Nick Starkel would be the starting QB. He's improved in that regard but is still far from a finished product as a passer. When he really gets in to trouble is when he starts doubting himself. When he just turns it loose and plays, he's been pretty good. It's a new system and fairly complex. You can see he's a hair slow on his reads sometimes and, in the Arkansas game, it cost him 2 ints. He's a good runner when he decides to take off.

At RB - T Williams is as good at picking up blitzes and lead blocking as any RB I've ever seen. His first 2 years on campus he was more of finesse runner. This year, he added about 15lbs in the offseason (good weight) to bulk up and he's a little better at running through first contact but he's not like Snell - he's not going to overpower guys and get a ton of yards after contact. He'll break an arm tackle but he's not going to plow through a linebacker. He's good in the screen game and, if we are having trouble running between the tackles, you'll see him get touches in the pass game.

Offensive Line- Carson Green is good at Right tackle but the best on the oline is our center - Erick McCoy. All SEC guy that's started every game since stepping on campus. It's a big offensive line but they're young and don't hold up that well in pass pro, at times. Some of that is due to playing Bama and Clemson, but they are young and still a work in progress. They do seem to be getting better but Kentucky will test them.

WR- Not a ton of speed at the position but good size. They all block really well in the running game. Cam Buckley is our most productive guy this season but he doesn't get talked about much. We have some guys that can go but, again, they are all young. They're hit or miss. They looked great against Clemson, held up ok against Bama, and then (IMO) looked bad against Arkansas.

The Tight ends - Jace Sternberger is very very good in the pass game. Our top receiving threat in the red zone. Extremely athletic, very good hands, and can run. Not a devastating blocker but adequate. Trevor Wood is our other TE and he's a huge guy - listed at 6'5 but, if you watch him in the huddle, he's a good inch or two taller than the Oline, and about 260lbs. Not a pass threat but a dominating blocker. We run quite a bit of 2 TE sets.

Fisher will bend the game plan quite a bit around who we play. Last week against Ark, you could tell he was going to run the ball and bleed clock. Other games, he'll put the ball up significantly more. Having said that, he's going to try and establish the run. Against Bama, we had quite a few designed QB runs and it worked relatively well with Mond having over 100yds rushing against them. I'm interested to see how he approaches this game.

On Defense:

Dline-
Our most impressive guys (IMO) haven't really showed up on the stat sheet- really the starting front four on defense have been the keys. Defensive Tackles: Daylon Mack and Justin Madibuke - Mack is a former 5 star (senior) and he's playing very very well. He's about 6' and 310lbs- extremely strong and very very quick off the ball. His stats aren't going to blow anyone away but he lines up over the center and is very disruptive in the backfield. Madibuke is another high 4 star guy - 6'3 300lbs - they'll line him up at both tackle and end. Very athletic for his size. Both he and Mack are guys that have been able to get penetration in every game this year. Kingsley Keke: 4 year starter at SDE and is another big athletic guy - 6'4 280lbs. He is going to set the edge in the run game but he can rush the passer a little bit also. He's played a ton of football for us and is solid against the run and pass. Landis Durham, he's a former linebacker that changed to DEnd last year and led the SEC in sacks. He's not purely pass rushing this year so he has 3.5 sacks this year but very solid against the run and setting the edge. Not some super freak athlete but just a good solid football player with a relentless motor.

Linebacker- we are thin here. Our starters are quality but we have no depth. Otoro Alaka is a 4 year starter and very very sound. Big guy - 6'3 240lbs and can run fairly well. Tyrell Dodson is an all SEC candidate and a good player for us. He's good in coverage and very good against the run. Both these guys have played a lot of football and don't make many mistakes.

DB- we aren't good against the pass. Our corners are OK but nothing special. They play the run decently well and are bigger guys - both 6'2 plus and close to 200lbs. They are good against WR screens and playing shorter stuff but can be beat down the field. Our Safeties - they are adjusting to a knew scheme and have struggled. Busted assignments, bad angles, etc. Donovan Wilson is a 4 year starter and is a hitter...but he's also been ejected for targeting in two of our 5 games. When he's out there, he's very good against the run but can be beat deep. Our other safety...no comment. Not good.

Overall- I agreed with a lot of what the OP said about the defense but we're the top run defense in the SEC and the worst pass defense. Certainly not a recipe for a Big 12 defense. We held Alabama to 109 rushing yards and Clemson to 113yds rushing. What we have is size but we don't have tremendous speed across the board on defense. Elko (defensive coordinator) is going to walk safeties up and make teams beat us with the pass. I'm sure that will be the plan again this week since KU is a great running team.

Overall - I'm not sure how to feel about this game. I think our run defense vs KU's run offense is the most critical matchup by a long shot. Top rushing offense in the SEC vs the top run defense. The other big factor will be the turnover margin. We haven't created many turnovers this year and I expect this to be a very close game so turnovers could play a huge role.

Looking forward to the game!

Pretty good write up. I can tell you our fanbase is very excited about this game and fairly nervous/anxious. A lot of respect for KU. I think it'll be a very close game and looking forward to watching.

Mond - I'd agree with most of what the OP wrote. He was terribly inaccurate last year and most thought Nick Starkel would be the starting QB. He's improved in that regard but is still far from a finished product as a passer. When he really gets in to trouble is when he starts doubting himself. When he just turns it loose and plays, he's been pretty good. It's a new system and fairly complex. You can see he's a hair slow on his reads sometimes and, in the Arkansas game, it cost him 2 ints. He's a good runner when he decides to take off.

At RB - T Williams is as good at picking up blitzes and lead blocking as any RB I've ever seen. His first 2 years on campus he was more of finesse runner. This year, he added about 15lbs in the offseason (good weight) to bulk up and he's a little better at running through first contact but he's not like Snell - he's not going to overpower guys and get a ton of yards after contact. He'll break an arm tackle but he's not going to plow through a linebacker. He's good in the screen game and, if we are having trouble running between the tackles, you'll see him get touches in the pass game.

Offensive Line- Carson Green is good at Right tackle but the best on the oline is our center - Erick McCoy. All SEC guy that's started every game since stepping on campus. It's a big offensive line but they're young and don't hold up that well in pass pro, at times. Some of that is due to playing Bama and Clemson, but they are young and still a work in progress. They do seem to be getting better but Kentucky will test them.

WR- Not a ton of speed at the position but good size. They all block really well in the running game. Cam Buckley is our most productive guy this season but he doesn't get talked about much. We have some guys that can go but, again, they are all young. They're hit or miss. They looked great against Clemson, held up ok against Bama, and then (IMO) looked bad against Arkansas.

The Tight ends - Jace Sternberger is very very good in the pass game. Our top receiving threat in the red zone. Extremely athletic, very good hands, and can run. Not a devastating blocker but adequate. Trevor Wood is our other TE and he's a huge guy - listed at 6'5 but, if you watch him in the huddle, he's a good inch or two taller than the Oline, and about 260lbs. Not a pass threat but a dominating blocker. We run quite a bit of 2 TE sets.

Fisher will bend the game plan quite a bit around who we play. Last week against Ark, you could tell he was going to run the ball and bleed clock. Other games, he'll put the ball up significantly more. Having said that, he's going to try and establish the run. Against Bama, we had quite a few designed QB runs and it worked relatively well with Mond having over 100yds rushing against them. I'm interested to see how he approaches this game.

On Defense:

Dline-
Our most impressive guys (IMO) haven't really showed up on the stat sheet- really the starting front four on defense have been the keys. Defensive Tackles: Daylon Mack and Justin Madibuke - Mack is a former 5 star (senior) and he's playing very very well. He's about 6' and 310lbs- extremely strong and very very quick off the ball. His stats aren't going to blow anyone away but he lines up over the center and is very disruptive in the backfield. Madibuke is another high 4 star guy - 6'3 300lbs - they'll line him up at both tackle and end. Very athletic for his size. Both he and Mack are guys that have been able to get penetration in every game this year. Kingsley Keke: 4 year starter at SDE and is another big athletic guy - 6'4 280lbs. He is going to set the edge in the run game but he can rush the passer a little bit also. He's played a ton of football for us and is solid against the run and pass. Landis Durham, he's a former linebacker that changed to DEnd last year and led the SEC in sacks. He's not purely pass rushing this year so he has 3.5 sacks this year but very solid against the run and setting the edge. Not some super freak athlete but just a good solid football player with a relentless motor.

Linebacker- we are thin here. Our starters are quality but we have no depth. Otoro Alaka is a 4 year starter and very very sound. Big guy - 6'3 240lbs and can run fairly well. Tyrell Dodson is an all SEC candidate and a good player for us. He's good in coverage and very good against the run. Both these guys have played a lot of football and don't make many mistakes.

DB- we aren't good against the pass. Our corners are OK but nothing special. They play the run decently well and are bigger guys - both 6'2 plus and close to 200lbs. They are good against WR screens and playing shorter stuff but can be beat down the field. Our Safeties - they are adjusting to a knew scheme and have struggled. Busted assignments, bad angles, etc. Donovan Wilson is a 4 year starter and is a hitter...but he's also been ejected for targeting in two of our 5 games. When he's out there, he's very good against the run but can be beat deep. Our other safety...no comment. Not good.

Overall- I agreed with a lot of what the OP said about the defense but we're the top run defense in the SEC and the worst pass defense. Certainly not a recipe for a Big 12 defense. We held Alabama to 109 rushing yards and Clemson to 113yds rushing. What we have is size but we don't have tremendous speed across the board on defense. Elko (defensive coordinator) is going to walk safeties up and make teams beat us with the pass. I'm sure that will be the plan again this week since KU is a great running team.

Overall - I'm not sure how to feel about this game. I think our run defense vs KU's run offense is the most critical matchup by a long shot. Top rushing offense in the SEC vs the top run defense. The other big factor will be the turnover margin. We haven't created many turnovers this year and I expect this to be a very close game so turnovers could play a huge role.

KU? Really? How could you possibly not know we’re UK? Seriously?

I spent some time this week watching replays of A&M's games vs. Clemson, Alabama, and Arkansas to try to get an idea of what UK is up against this Saturday. Here are some casual observations on Texas A&M:

OFFENSE

Players to watch:

· # 11 Kellen Mond, QB, SO:6' 2", 210 -- Run oriented quarterback in the mold of Terry Wilson. Very quick, very fast, but not terribly accurate. Does not possess a particularly strong arm and is clearly in the developmental stages of his career. Is dangerous in the open field but surprisingly inaccurate in the intermediate passing game.

· #5 Trayveon Williams, RB, JR: 5' 9", 200 – Feature back with nearly 2000 yards his career so far. Bowling ball type runner with a low center of gravity. Great speed and body that does major damage when the holes are there. However, he does not have great feet or vision. Rarely makes “shift” moves for extra yardage. Seems like he should get more yards out of his talent than he does.

· #2 Jhamon Ausbon, WR, SO: 6' 2", 220 – Big-bodied possession receiver that thrives on physicality at the point of the catch. They like to run him on crossing routes and intermediate corner / sideline routes. Not a burner (YPC is under 15 per catch) and not a threat in the bubble screen game. His game does not mesh well with Mond’s, but it’s the best they have.

· #54 Carson Green, OL, SO: 6' 6", 300 – A&M his high hopes for Green, who they consider the top talent in their OL. He has the size and instincts to make an impact in the run game. But can he handle Allen / Watson in the pass game?

Packages & Schemes:

· The first thing you’ll see is that it’s surprisingly old-school. They do their share of shotgun sets with 3 and 4 wide, but they’ll also go under center with two TE’s or a HB paired with a FB. In the running game they’ll give you your traditional dives and guard-pull sweeps, dives, and the occasional read option. They also throw in some designed QB draws. It’s clear that Fisher wants an athlete at QB because he picked Monds over a more productive passer in the spring. Ideally, they want to ram it down your throat and only pass when they have to. I like their mix of size and athleticism at WR and they have a stable of athletic (if unproven) RB’s. The OL is clearly the weak link, as it is both inexperienced and has struggle against ‘Bama, Clemson, and even Arkansas. Basically, it all comes down to Monds. If he’s missing his intermediate routes you can bully them in the box. If he on, then the threat of the pass can open some real running lanes for the QB.

Overall: I like the matchup here for Kentucky. Their offense is very much like MSU's, only without as much experience. Mond can be tough out, but he's not the power runner Fitz is. They are extremely dependent on the run, which plays right into UK's strengths. I really like UK's front seven vs. A&M's OL. That's going to be a huge advantage for us.

DEFENSE:

Players to watch:

· #46 Landis Durham, DE/OLB, SR: 6' 3", 255 – Hybrid Josh Allen type that excels at rushing the passer. Had double-digit sacks last year from end position. Only average in coverage and can be overwhelmed at the point of attack. Aggies tend to have him line up on the weak side of the formation in a 2 point stance. On obvious passing downs he can be a holy terror.

· #25 Tyrel Dodson, SLB, Jr: 6' 2", 242 – The most versatile of their LB, Dodson doesn’t get the media attention that Durham gets but is perhaps a more vital cog in the defense. Covers TE’s and RB’s out of the backfield and plays the run well. Is often asked to be a 3-4 Jack on one down and a 4-3 SLB on another. When he plays well, the defense plays well.

· #6 Donovan Wilson, S, SR: 6' 1", 207 – One of the few upperclassmen in a young but talented secondary. Wilson is active in the run game and patrols centerfield with authority. If UK allows him to stay in the box all night we'll have trouble.

Packages and Schemes:

· A&M prides itself on being very multiple and not bound to any one particular scheme. This is evident when watching them on film. Their base defense will have three down linemen, a DE / OLB in a 2-point stance over the weakside tackle (usually Durham) and three linebackers. So it looks like a 4-3 with one of their DE’s in standing up. When they switch to nickel, that’s when things get interesting. They may go to a 4-2-5, a 3-3-5, or a straight nickel. They don’t come at you with a lot of numbers on the blitz. Instead, they like to get penetration from the D-line and create confusion with multiple looks. Their secondary features great length, but it is also very young. The LB's are a bit on the light side but very athletic and quick to the ball. Their DL is made up of unusually light DT’s, so don't look for any 330 lbs lane cloggers. The D-Linemen are more like Oliver at Houston--light and quick off the snap.

Overall: This feels like a bad matchup for A&M. I think that their scheme was meant to stop spread offenses, not old-fashioned ground and pound. They're light every where (much like USC is) and vulnerable to the power running game. Normally, I'd say that they'd simply stack the box, but their secondary is extremely young and has had injury issues as well. Again, I think these factors work in UK's favor.

Final Analysis: Early in the year, I penciled this in as a loss for UK. Now that UK is much better than I expected I have to rethink that notion. Plus, A&M seems to be going through the growing pains of switching coaches, with lots of nice blocks that belong in someone else's set of Legos. It may take a few years before Jimbo get's what he wants on offense and defense. Until then, Kentucky has the identity, the talent, and the experience. If Wilson can be just good enough to keep eight men out of the box, Stoops will be draining the clock in the 3rd quarter: UK 27 - A&M 17
Thank you! This is without a doubt the best pregame write up we will see this week on this board.

TAM is a good football team that has been in with Clemson and Bama. The reason that’s important is because Clemson and Bama are as physical and athletic, if not more so, along the front as UK Is. We won’t surprise them.

If TW was more experienced, we would win this game through the air, as TAM’s secondary is one of their weaknesses. But our game goes through Snell. We have to mix it up. Because TAM has a pass rush, we don’t want to get caught in obvious passing situations.

We need to mix our plays, control tempo, and put some points on the board in the 1st half. If we can do that, we force Mond to play catch-up. That’s our path to a W. I agree with the OP that the score of the game will be in the 20s.

If UK can survive early they have a good chance to pickup a W. TAM will be excited to get back home, UK needs to get thru that first punch in the mouth and their noisy crowd. If the UK O comes out like they did the 2d H vs SCAR making a bunch of mistakes they could be in for a long night. Big, big challenge.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlueRattie

OFFENSE

Players to watch:

Packages & Schemes:

DEFENSE:

Players to watch:

Packages and Schemes:

Some of your analysis does not match the stats. You say they are more of a small fast team but they are much better against run than pass. Mond is averaging 250 ypg throwing that's not very similar to Wilson and he's at a solid 60 percent clip.

Reactions: 84aggiect
Some of your analysis does not match the stats. You say they are more of a small fast team but they are much better against run than pass. Mond is averaging 250 ypg throwing that's not very similar to Wilson and he's at a solid 60 percent clip.

You're right - Wilson is completing at a higher rate 67%
Mond has more yards because they throw more than we do. I'm pretty sure the OP was referring to skill set and playing style similarities not stats.

If UK can survive early they have a good chance to pickup a W. TAM will be excited to get back home, UK needs to get thru that first punch in the mouth and their noisy crowd. If the UK O comes out like they did the 2d H vs SCAR making a bunch of mistakes they could be in for a long night. Big, big challenge.

Great point. Same concept as in the swamp...when UK grabbed an early lead and then hung in at halftime down by only 3, that set the stage for a win. If our team gets down 14 quickly, then we're playing catch-up against a crazed crowd.

Reactions: SPECT imaging
Thanks for all the great info. I knew absolutely nothing about TAMU before reading the previous posts. Now that I have, I like our chances if we keep mistakes to a bare minimum and don't get intimidated by the huge crowd.

Reactions: ok-cats-computer
Mond has more yards because they throw more than we do. I'm pretty sure the OP was referring to skill set and playing style similarities not stats.
I just don't see much similarity. Mond to me looks pretty average speed wise. Mond averaging 250 ypg and the analysis says they only throw when they have to. That's a bunch of yardage for a run first team. The wr is averaging just under 15 ypc that's pretty impressive for a guy that's not a deep threat.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Thank you! This is without a doubt the best pregame write up we will see this week on this board.

TAM is a good football team that has been in with Clemson and Bama. The reason that’s important is because Clemson and Bama are as physical and athletic, if not more so, along the front as UK Is. We won’t surprise them.

If TW was more experienced, we would win this game through the air, as TAM’s secondary is one of their weaknesses. But our game goes through Snell. We have to mix it up. Because TAM has a pass rush, we don’t want to get caught in obvious passing situations.

We need to mix our plays, control tempo, and put some points on the board in the 1st half. If we can do that, we force Mond to play catch-up. That’s our path to a W. I agree with the OP that the score of the game will be in the 20s.

My thoughts as well - "We need to mix our plays, control tempo, and put some points on the board in the 1st half. If we can do that, we force Mond to play catch-up. That’s our path to a W. I agree with the OP that the score of the game will be in the 20s". The defense will take care of it self and may even thrive on the TAM atmosphere

I don't pay much attention to raw stats when it comes to football (at least until they develop a sabremetrics version of football stats). Some teams run up the score, others take the air out of the ball when they have a lead. Some teams go vanilla to protect the playbook, others open up the whole book for every game. Don't even get me into how match-ups effect outcomes.

In short, I find that statistics can be very misleading and you're better off watching film, researching players, and investigating schemes and tendencies.

Actually, what he's saying is Mond is able to change his style, Against Clemson he passed for 400 yards and didn't rush all that much, against Bama he rushed for over 100. He's attempted 60% more passes than Wilson, thrown nearly 4 times as many TDs and has fewer Ints. The real threat is he can do multiple things quite well against elite teams. UK has one of the SECs top edge rushers in Allen and that's going to pose a threat.

As far as Ausbon is concerned, he's actually more of our possession receiver, you will see more than enough of our deep threats this Saturday. Your top CB will be giving up size this weekend.

I think we're going to see the outcome of this game really boil down to which QB makes the fewest mistakes coupled with which one can keep drives going.

Mond is able to change his style

Our offensive style is to dominate the game running the ball and only pass enough to keep the defenses honest which means 4 or 5 downfield throws a game. So we have not been in a game yet where Wilson has had to change his style and run an aerial attack. I personally think that will change somewhat this week. I think we will need to be close to 50/50 on offense to be successful.

Your top CB will be giving up size this weekend.

Both of our starting corners Baity and Johnson are 6'3". I believe the tallest in P5 football. Our 3rd corner Westry is 6' 4". If you receivers have a height advantage I'm not sure how much it would be. Both of these guys are athletic and have good reach, especially Baity who is having a great senior season.

On Defense:

Dline-

You lost me at KU. I read no further.

OFFENSE

Players to watch:

Packages & Schemes:

DEFENSE:

Players to watch:

Packages and Schemes:

Outstanding!

Reactions: BlueRattie
We go by UK... University of Kentucky. We don’t like KU.

My fault guys. Meant nothing by it. UK....is legit and it should be a great game.

Should be strength on strength - UK's run offense vs A&M's run defense. Both ranked at the top of the SEC respectively.

Both teams seem to be about equal on special teams so I think it really comes down to who makes fewer mistakes and who wins the turnover battle.

Our offensive style is to dominate the game running the ball and only pass enough to keep the defenses honest which means 4 or 5 downfield throws a game. So we have not been in a game yet where Wilson has had to change his style and run an aerial attack. I personally think that will change somewhat this week. I think we will need to be close to 50/50 on offense to be successful.

Both of our starting corners Baity and Johnson are 6'3". I believe the tallest in P5 football. Our 3rd corner Westry is 6' 4". If you receivers have a height advantage I'm not sure how much it would be. Both of these guys are athletic and have good reach, especially Baity who is having a great senior season.
This is what I was observing, Mond has had to change and adapt even in game, Wilson has not. Mond has nearly 4 times as many TDs as Wilson, has thrown 50% more pass attempts and fewer INTs. So, if the typical (A&M defensive) game plays out and Kentucky gets in 3rd and long, Wilson is going to be in an obvious passing situation and under duress. This is when things get real and we see which QB can stand the heat.

Yes, both your 6'3" CBs will be giving up size to our 6'5" receiver.

MrT.gif

UK is going in dry!

My fault guys. Meant nothing by it. UK....is legit and it should be a great game.

Should be strength on strength - UK's run offense vs A&M's run defense. Both ranked at the top of the SEC respectively.

Both teams seem to be about equal on special teams so I think it really comes down to who makes fewer mistakes and who wins the turnover battle.

Honestly, I like Benny Snell like a fat kid loves chocolate cake, but defense is our strength.

ADVERTISEMENT