ADVERTISEMENT

Tailgating at Keeneland

NDlouisvillian

Blue Chip Prospect
May 5, 2005
I've been looking around for some information about tailgating at Keeneland, and I figured this crew would be as good as any to ask.

I haven't been there in like a decade, so I have no idea how to go about this. A couple of questions:

What is the best area to tailgate? Not looking for a college-aged crowd (this crew is more late 20's and early 30's), but don't want to be near a bunch of families with small kids, either. Any place like that?

Do I need a parking pass? Would we be able to just pull up with a large van and get a set up going?

Any restrictions on what we can bring to the tailgate? I assume liquor and beer are perfectly OK, but what about large tables, a grill, etc.?

Definitely appreciative of any recommendations any of you might have.

Is that the only place you can tailgate now?
Patrons are welcome to tailgate at Keeneland in both the paved parking areas and on "The Hill," Keeneland's enhanced tailgating area available each Friday and Saturday during racing season.

I hate tailgating at Keeneland. I mean, there's traffic dude and we're all going to get there. Stay off my ass.

How's that tailgating with a grill and tables work on a hill exactly? I've parked there before and seen it but can't imagine it functioning well.

Park, walk in, get a program and a beer, stand in paddock and people watch/handicap, bet, watch race, collect.

Repeat: get a beer, stand in paddock and people watch/handicap, bet, watch race, collect.

Tailgating...go to Commonwealth Stadium and park and listen to the races on the radio.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT