ADVERTISEMENT

Tae Tae Crumes

That kid is a damn blur.
If Jordan Anthony has true world class Olympic speed, I can't imagine him ever playing football. There's a lot of money to be made in the track community by Olympic athletes. Regardless, his career will be fun to follow.

Anthony is a World Class runner…….Officially!
It’s not fair to compare any other players speed to his. I just hope he works on slowing down to catch the ball, and we need for Will to coordinate his timing with Anthony.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
I, too, have wondered about Tae Tae. Seems like the depth of the WR room is really good so maybe he's just not ready yet.

It sounded like he was making strides last year before the injury bug got him. He was mentioned a lot in the preseason last year.

Reactions: satcheluk
Straight line speed is great. It can be awesome. Speed and control in and out of breaks is absolutely vital to success against SEC defenses.

Tae Tae doesn't have to be the fastest player in a sprint. He could be the fastest in and out of patterns and get more playing time. Getting open and making the catch is more important than straight line speed to be an every down receiver. Tae Tae hasn't "been recruited over" but I hope he shows off the combination of versatility and speed he showed the coaches early on.

Not only Tae Tae, but where does Crowdus fit in the wide receiver mix ??
He was highly-touted coming in !!

If Jordan Anthony has true world class Olympic speed, I can't imagine him ever playing football. There's a lot of money to be made in the track community by Olympic athletes. Regardless, his career will be fun to follow.
Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t he playing football right now? Or do you mean professionally?

Not only Tae Tae, but where does Crowdus fit in the wide receiver mix ??
He was highly-touted coming in !!

That's the thing. No one has any idea the amount of talent we have in that WR room. The potential there is crazy. Levis has had a ton more time with these guys since the bowl as well. TTC, DklC, TaRob, DaneK, BBrown, JAnthony, BWhite, and we've not really seen any of it on the field yet. This doesn't even count the veteran guys we know can make plays for us, nor the TEs.

I'm frkn stoked! Just need the OL to protect Levis and give him time to throw.

Two words. Jerry Rice.
HUH?

Must be trying to say being fast isn't everything. But it sure helps.

Calvin Bird was very fast, faster than his All American brother Rodger, but I don't think they recorded times very much back then. I know the track people wanted him to run track but the football team wouldn't let him, said it would mess up his stride for football.

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t he playing football right now? Or do you mean professionally?
He's playing football as far as I know. I'm talking about competing for and winning a spot on the Olympic team. Olympic training takes a lot of time. And I say IF he has world class speed. I haven't checked his times against other competitors so I really don't know.

Reactions: SosaUK87
Crumes gets some positive mentions usually at the beginning of Springs or Fall camps, but hasn't yet figured into depth charts. Who knows what holds him back, actually catching? Not good downfield blocking? Honestly shocked he hasn't entered the portal yet the way the trend in CFB goes. Maybe he can put it together this season.

Coaches have been VERY high on Crowdus, starting a year ago. He would have played a lot in 2021 if not for the injury. Fully expect him to get lots of snaps & catching opportunities in 2022.

Who's going to return Kicks and Punts this year? Tayvion Robinson seems the most likely at least for punts. Barion Brown? Crowdus? is this a spot where Crumes might fit in?

Seems like Stoops prefers backup running backs returning kickoffs

Take a knee, give O ball at the 25, save you & 10 of your teammates some high impact hits which usually net few yards

Who's going to return Kicks and Punts this year? Tayvion Robinson seems the most likely at least for punts. Barion Brown? Crowdus? is this a spot where Crumes might fit in?
TRob is the punt returner. I think McClain is returning KOs.

Crumes has had plenty of chances to advance on the chart. He is being passed by Key, Brown, and CLew. Many factors figure into being a good receiver. It is not just about speed, although speed helps. Someone mentioned Jerry Rice, who was not very fast. It is not just about size, although size helps. But Wandale is not big. Getting open means running the right route and making a good break. Catching the football means balance and physical command of the catch radius. Lots of reps with the Qback so timing is just right. In the SEC, receivers work with small windows. Coordination with the Qback must be near perfect. Kentucky's receivers also block well.

ADVERTISEMENT